nicca

Refused Visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time here and i'm eager to get some infos, ideas and opinions regarding my case. I was interviewed last July 14, 2009 for K1 visa, at USE Manila. Everything is in there with regards to my documents, all are original. But one thing that the consul found out is with regards to my birth certificate. I have a BC from NSO which is corrected because of typographical error from the LCR. There is one letter on my middle name that was change. For all my transactions and documents i used my corrected name but the consul ask me to send an NBI copy with a.k.a. of my previous name used. A day after my interview i went home and get right away and NBI and sent it the same day. I tried calling the Immigration Visa for follow up if they receive my mail and they received it July 21, 2009. Then i ask the operator if i am eligible for a visa but he said that i have to wait for 6 weeks for further notice from the IV and if after that period i still dont received any notice or call from the IV thats the time i can ring back the embassy so that they can make a report for my case.

My question is, am i eligible for the visa? the consul only required me that one document and i sent it to them and since my clearance has no problem from the NBI. I'm just felt so worried and nervous waiting for my visa if they will grant me that.

Please help me any ideas with same case with me just to tone up my feelings.

Thanks everyone and have a nice day.

post-70598-1248805521_thumb.jpg

If it was only the one small thing you should be just fine, but sometimes it takes longer than you like for them to finish

Good Luck to you

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Timeline
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time here and i'm eager to get some infos, ideas and opinions regarding my case. I was interviewed last July 14, 2009 for K1 visa, at USE Manila. Everything is in there with regards to my documents, all are original. But one thing that the consul found out is with regards to my birth certificate. I have a BC from NSO which is corrected because of typographical error from the LCR. There is one letter on my middle name that was change. For all my transactions and documents i used my corrected name but the consul ask me to send an NBI copy with a.k.a. of my previous name used. A day after my interview i went home and get right away and NBI and sent it the same day. I tried calling the Immigration Visa for follow up if they receive my mail and they received it July 21, 2009. Then i ask the operator if i am eligible for a visa but he said that i have to wait for 6 weeks for further notice from the IV and if after that period i still dont received any notice or call from the IV thats the time i can ring back the embassy so that they can make a report for my case.

My question is, am i eligible for the visa? the consul only required me that one document and i sent it to them and since my clearance has no problem from the NBI. I'm just felt so worried and nervous waiting for my visa if they will grant me that.

Please help me any ideas with same case with me just to tone up my feelings.

Thanks everyone and have a nice day.

I am no authority Nicca but it just looks like they need to verify this and you should be ok. Good luck and let us know the turn out. :star:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-16

NVC Received : 2009-07-31

NVC Left : 2009-08-14

Consulate Received : 2009-08-19

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-22

Interview Date : 2009-09-23 Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry : 2009-10-04

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2010-01-29

NOA Date : 2010-02-05

Bio. Appt. : 2010-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-04-21 Submit Review

Approval / Denial Date : 2010-04-21

Approved : Yes

MANOK COUPLE

what color slip did u get?

did he give ur passport back to u or kept the passport?

if u already gave the NBI to the manila embassy then just ur fiancee called the embassy and talk to someone and get the answer

it looks that u r in AP and u can just wait to hear from the embassy about 6 weeks

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

It sounds like you are in Administrative Review (AR). You probably received a white paper MNL-IV-22 requeting the Birth Certificate. The request for the Birth Certificate is called a Request For Evidence (RFE). Unfortunately, you will have to wait until the Consulate Officer (CO) makes the time to review your evidence.

Your are still eligible for the visa. The CO having suspicion of fraud or you not returning the evidence in time are some of the main reasons a visa is denied. A simple RFE is normally only a delay in getting the visa.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

as what ive learned from my cousin's case... they had to turn in additional document after the interview and they really waited 6 weeks until they made a follow-call. my cousins' fiance just got here in the US just fine....

you should be fine.... so nothing to worry....

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

Timeline
as what ive learned from my cousin's case... they had to turn in additional document after the interview and they really waited 6 weeks until they made a follow-call. my cousins' fiance just got here in the US just fine....

you should be fine.... so nothing to worry....

Thank you everyone, im kinda relieve now, coz of the situation. I receive a blue slip and a white one which the consul encircled the document to be submitted, the releasing section gave my passport and i asked her before leaving the USE if when i have my nbi do i need to send my passport with the document? and she said yes, so i sent it a day after my interview because i was thinking that it will just take a shorter time when i give what they want. my problem is just a letter of my middle name that i change from the NSO that instead or O it should be U. But before that letter was corrected i've been using the letter O in my middle name.

OMG! i hope it wont take long and become eligible because i really want to be with my fiance.... im supposed to travel on aug 15 but was sad with the result of my interview.....:(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Out of curiosity, what's with the attached thumbnail? I don't see any connection to the question you posted unless you are introducing yourself which if it's the case, please pardon me :P

Edited by sheila526

IV IR-5 Timeline for Parents

USCIS

08/02/2016 - sent I-130 application for my parents via USPS Priority Mail

08/05/2016 - Priority Date

08/08/2016 - NOA1s Notice date

08/09/2016 - NOA1s text message and email received

08/10/2016 - money orders: cashed

08/13/2016 - received NOA1s in the mail

08/24/2016 - touched

12/27/2016 - Cases Approved! (148 days or 4 months and 26 days total)

---

NVC

01/12/2017 - NVC Welcome Letters Received (Case Number + Invoice Number)

01/13/2017 - Completed DS-261

01/25/2017 - Received IV Fee

01/26/2017 - Paid AOS fee

01/30/2017 - Paid IV Fees

02/03/2017 - Completed IV and AR Application

02/23/2017 - sent NVC packets via USPS Priority Mail (note: I have to wait for my mom's police certificate, so there was a bit of a delay before I can send the package)

02/27/2017 - packets received at 11:30 am signed by N Visa Center

03/01/2017 - Scan Date

05/06/2017 - Case Completed

05/12/2017 - NVC scheduled the interview!

06/02/2017 - Medical (06/14 to 06/15 - Dad's Sputum Test)

06/16/2017 - Mom's Interview Date (Approved!)

Timeline

Why don't you make a follow-up call? You should get an answer.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

Hello Riz, yes i already did last Tuesday and the agent told me that i have to wait for 6 weeks to hear anything from them and if i don't receive any notice or letter from them within that period that's the time i would call them again.... hmmmm i just wish i could get it not that long, so sad!

Timeline
Hello Riz, yes i already did last Tuesday and the agent told me that i have to wait for 6 weeks to hear anything from them and if i don't receive any notice or letter from them within that period that's the time i would call them again.... hmmmm i just wish i could get it not that long, so sad!

6 weeks is their standard timeframe. Hopefully you will get it soon. For the meantime, relax and as much as possible enjoy and spend enough time with your family and friends while waiting for your visa. It's your last chance to stay with them that long. Pag andito ka na, you will miss everyone and everything in Pinas.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

6 weeks is their standard timeframe. Hopefully you will get it soon. For the meantime, relax and as much as possible enjoy and spend enough time with your family and friends while waiting for your visa. It's your last chance to stay with them that long. Pag andito ka na, you will miss everyone and everything in Pinas.

Yea, thanks... i just need a prayer :)...God bless you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.