Tim and Erin

Applying for Canadian long for birth certificat

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you know any teachers? You can use a teacher for this application. I just put down my cousin's name since she's a teacher. I never even asked her and they didn't call her.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

i had to apply for a long form BC as well when i was completing the K-1 application in May. it took just 3 days for them to courier it to me and fortunately for me, they were able to send me a copy of the originaly form my dad had filled out 33 years ago!! You can also use a registered nurse or accountant as a guarantor - i used my aunt who is an RN and i had no problems.

good luck!

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

I had a lot of trouble getting mine, as I was out of the country. 6 months before I got it, issues with a guarantor they said would fit the bill but in the end they said would not, and I must have got up in the dark 10 times to ring them.

Strange to see my father's peculiar penmanship on it though :)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

After calling the toll free number, I could NOT get a live person on the phone. :angry:

I even called directory assistance, and when I asked for the number for "Service Ontario"........."We have a listing for Purvis. Would you like the number?"........."NO!!" :lol:

I challenge anyone here who is from Ontario, to find me a direct line to talk to someone at the Service Ontario office in Pembroke. The toll free number is 1-800-461-2156. Have fun. :P

My next option is to go down to the office again.

Mine was an exact copy of what my mom filled out, I kind of laughed when I saw that she made a mistake on it and had to scratch it out :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you know any teachers? You can use a teacher for this application. I just put down my cousin's name since she's a teacher. I never even asked her and they didn't call her.

Yeah exactly. How about your family doctor? I had her do it for me. They never contacted her either!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A guarantor? I didn't need one when I ordered my BC long form, I ordered from British Columbia Vital Statistics. I gave the the code number on my short form BC though....

Hmmm...

i had to apply for a long form BC as well when i was completing the K-1 application in May. it took just 3 days for them to courier it to me and fortunately for me, they were able to send me a copy of the originaly form my dad had filled out 33 years ago!! You can also use a registered nurse or accountant as a guarantor - i used my aunt who is an RN and i had no problems.

good luck!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah it seems odd that you need a Guarantor to get the long form BC... but it looks like it is a requirement for Ontario..

Birth Certificate: Do I have a Valid Guarantor for my Birth Certificate?

If you are applying for a birth certificate for an individual nine years of age or older, guarantor information is required.

A guarantor is someone who has known you (the applicant) personally for at least 2 years during your life, is a Canadian citizen, and is currently serving in or a practicing member in good standing of one of the professions listed below.

The role of the guarantor is to certify that information provided on a birth certificate application is as complete and accurate as possible. If required, a qualified guarantor must also be available to verify the information with the Office of the Registrar General.

The guarantor is not required to sign your application but must give you permission to provide his or her information.

http://www.ontario.ca/en/residents/119278

I got my long form from Manitoba and I didn't require a Guarantor..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I was just talking to my aunt, and she said that last year she needed to apply for a long form in order to get her driver's license. But she doesn't remember having to go the guarantor route.

And I emailed Service Ontario today. No reply yet.

Timeline

shouldnt need one ( Guarantor ) if you apply online for it, they just asked for a refrence and listed different jobs for the reference person mostly higher up type jobs and their information dont need their signature. And you just needed to fill out as much as you knew for your info. Whole thing was done online and they give you a confirmation number when you are done so you can call and give them the number to check on the status and stuff. you pay online too.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

shouldnt need one ( Guarantor ) if you apply online for it, they just asked for a refrence and listed different jobs for the reference person mostly higher up type jobs and their information dont need their signature. And you just needed to fill out as much as you knew for your info. Whole thing was done online and they give you a confirmation number when you are done so you can call and give them the number to check on the status and stuff. you pay online too.

I guess it was because I was not in Canada. I did apply online as well.

Timeline

not sure.. this was my experience tho and I went about all this only a couple months ago, maybe they updated the system since you got yours? when i was renewing my passport i know you need a guarantor for that one but aparently this time i didnt even need one for my passport but my mom did? and she renewed hers quite a bit before i did mine

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

not sure.. this was my experience tho and I went about all this only a couple months ago, maybe they updated the system since you got yours? when i was renewing my passport i know you need a guarantor for that one but aparently this time i didnt even need one for my passport but my mom did? and she renewed hers quite a bit before i did mine

I applied for the long form almost 3 months ago, and online and I had to have a guarantor.

And I just renewed my passport and I needed 2 guarantors :wacko:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

I applied for the long form almost 3 months ago, and online and I had to have a guarantor.

ack...two! That's going to be hard to come by here. Mine expires next June.

ack...two! That's going to be hard to come by here. Mine expires next June.

I ended up using my best friend and my fiance as guarantors... hey, he's a friend too, not just a lover :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.