Nacersangel

Gettin gvisa to meet my fiance

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Were do i need to start to get my visa to meet my fiance? I will have my invatation tomorrow. What is my next step?

You will need to buy your tickets to Algeria before applying for the visa. You will need a copy of your Itinerary to send in with the visa application. You will be applying for a Family Guest Visa. Make sure when you are filling out the visa application that you fill it out online. They do not accept hand written applications.You will need to send you passport along with the invitation, 100 dollar money order and 2 copies of the application with with the passport style photos attached, to the Algerian Embassy in Washington. I sent mine overnight using the US post office. You will need to pay for another overnight envelope so the embassy can send your passport with the visa back to you and include it in the envelope with the application. You will need to go ahead and address it to yourself, and also put your name in the return address area too. Make sure you keep the receipt of both overnight envelopes so you can track them. Make sure that you do not enter Algeria prior to the date on the visa, because they will not let you enter. Be sure to give them a least 3 weeks or more to get you the visa before you leave. I have used an Algerian travel agent here in the states both times I went to Algeria. I can pm you his number if you need it. The best way to go is through Frankfurt Germany. If you go through Paris, you will have to spend the night there on the way back from Algeria.

If I can help you further, just let me know.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline
Were do i need to start to get my visa to meet my fiance? I will have my invatation tomorrow. What is my next step?

You will need to buy your tickets to Algeria before applying for the visa. You will need a copy of your Itinerary to send in with the visa application. You will be applying for a Family Guest Visa. Make sure when you are filling out the visa application that you fill it out online. They do not accept hand written applications.You will need to send you passport along with the invitation, 100 dollar money order and 2 copies of the application with with the passport style photos attached, to the Algerian Embassy in Washington. I sent mine overnight using the US post office. You will need to pay for another overnight envelope so the embassy can send your passport with the visa back to you and include it in the envelope with the application. You will need to go ahead and address it to yourself, and also put your name in the return address area too. Make sure you keep the receipt of both overnight envelopes so you can track them. Make sure that you do not enter Algeria prior to the date on the visa, because they will not let you enter. Be sure to give them a least 3 weeks or more to get you the visa before you leave. I have used an Algerian travel agent here in the states both times I went to Algeria. I can pm you his number if you need it. The best way to go is through Frankfurt Germany. If you go through Paris, you will have to spend the night there on the way back from Algeria.

Meriem (F)

The way we are doing it, is i am driving to Canada to his Aunts house. She is buying my ticket to Algeria from there. What do I do in this Case? Does the ticket still have to be done before i file for my Visa?

Timeline

Meriem (F)

The way we are doing it, is i am driving to Canada to his Aunts house. She is buying my ticket to Algeria from there. What do I do in this Case? Does the ticket still have to be done before i file for my Visa?

Yes, you have to get the visa from the Algerian Embassy in Washington, it does not matter from where you are leaving. They will not give you a visa until the tickets are paid for. You have to turn in your itinerary with the visa application. There is no way around that step.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

Meriem (F)

Yes, you have to get the visa from the Algerian Embassy in Washington, it does not matter from where you are leaving. They will not give you a visa until the tickets are paid for. You have to turn in your itinerary with the visa application. There is no way around that step.

Meriem (F)

I was told there is a place closer to me for visa but not sure if that was for mine or his. So is the visa mailed to you or do you have to go pick it up?

Timeline

Meriem (F)

Meriem (F)

I was told there is a place closer to me for visa but not sure if that was for mine or his. So is the visa mailed to you or do you have to go pick it up?

The only Algerian Embassy in the US is in Washington DC. If you are close to there then you can pick it up. if not you will have to use the US postal service. I explained it in my previous post to you about the overnight envelopes.

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

Meriem (F)

Meriem (F)

The only Algerian Embassy in the US is in Washington DC. If you are close to there then you can pick it up. if not you will have to use the US postal service. I explained it in my previous post to you about the overnight envelopes.

Meriem

Ya, i read that. that's what confused me. I was told i had to go there and pick it up. No, i'm not close at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.