MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got an email from USCIS.. I put in a service request 1 week ago for my biometrics appointment letter that i haven't received yet. I'm not sure how i should understand that email:

The status of this service request is:

Your case is awaiting the required Biometrics submittal, and is currently in suspense until you complete this process. Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local Application Support Center (ASC). Biometrics appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the ASC. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local ASC. You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment.

Basically, it's only saying i'm now in the queue for getting an appointment? And if i was already in the queue (but my ASC was wayyy too busy), am i gonna be put at the begining of the queue again, or do i keep my current position in it? Argggg I want my Bio appointment letter!!!

When I recieved my response from USCIS they said right in the e-mail that there currently is no capacity at the Knoxville ASC and that I am in the queue. I did get a touch on my I-485 a couple of days ago, but still no letters or anything. I have basically given up. I will be switching my EI over to maternity benefits in Oct, and I don't need my EAD for that. I just hope that I don't need to eventually go to an interview because by the time it is scheduled I most likely won't be able to travel the 6 hours to Memphis.

Colleens, has your case been transfered to CSC? I can't believe you're still waiting for that letter... Hope you'll get it soon!

There's a girl who just got her bio letter today in the mail, from the same ASC as me (Dallas), she waited 8.5 weeks since her NOA1 to get it... It has only been 6 weeks for me so i guess i still have a while to wait :wacko:

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It blows my mind how ASC centers can take so long to get your bio appointments scheduled! I can't imagine they are really THAT busy, so busy that people need to wait months, especially considering it's a simple and quick 5-10 minute process. There are centers all over the US, perhaps they need to reconsider how they distribute people.

My fingers are crossed for you guys, because this is just silly.

Timeline

My case was transferred to CSC in early July. But when I was looking at the status of my I-485 on-line (since there was a touch last week) it said that it has been transferred and is now being processed by a USCIS office, so I am not sure if that means it has been transferred back to a local office from the CSC. Like I said....at this point I no longer really care....in about 6 weeks my EI claim would be changing to maternity benefits so I don't need my EAD for that. Even if I got my appt letter in the next week it is highly doubtful my EAD would be approved before that. My only issue would be if I have to go for an appointment, and I am too far along in my pregnancy to travel, then I will have to reschedule. I think if an ASC is that backed up then a letter should go out to applicants giving them an option to travel to a center that is able to process their applications. I am sure there are several locations within a few hours that I could easily and happily travel to to get my biometrics done :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well if after your case was transferred to CSC, if this is the first response you got, then it means that your case has physically arrived there. The words that you should look out for are "USCIS OFFICE" & "USCIS LOCAL OFFICE".

I hope you are doing good!

KnR aka slider100

Timeline

ok well bio is today at noon, just getting ready now to leave, hopefully its just a simple pain free process cuz i'm already nervous..i hate going to these us govt offices..thank god david took the day off and is with me..or i'd be a basket case.

HWDWm6.png

My case was transferred to CSC in early July. But when I was looking at the status of my I-485 on-line (since there was a touch last week) it said that it has been transferred and is now being processed by a USCIS office, so I am not sure if that means it has been transferred back to a local office from the CSC. Like I said....at this point I no longer really care....in about 6 weeks my EI claim would be changing to maternity benefits so I don't need my EAD for that. Even if I got my appt letter in the next week it is highly doubtful my EAD would be approved before that. My only issue would be if I have to go for an appointment, and I am too far along in my pregnancy to travel, then I will have to reschedule. I think if an ASC is that backed up then a letter should go out to applicants giving them an option to travel to a center that is able to process their applications. I am sure there are several locations within a few hours that I could easily and happily travel to to get my biometrics done :)

I totally agree with you! I'd definitly be willing to travel to another USCIS local office for my biometrics just so i can have my EAD sooner than later! I seriously don't know what these people are thinking about... Or maybe they just don't think at all!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my EAD in the mail today!! I'm so frikken happy! Now to find a job and start contributing! woo hoo!

Could you update your timeline? I like to compare so I can guess at when my husband will get his EAD. How many days did it take from submitting your paperwork to receiving the card in the mail?

They must have felt my worries.

Any hour ago I got my "Acceptance Confirmation" emails!!! I'm going to print them off and keep them with the piles of my AOS stuff.

Now more waiting to be done... hopefully not too much, though.

Congrats! Hopefully more good news soon.

Timeline

Could you update your timeline? I like to compare so I can guess at when my husband will get his EAD. How many days did it take from submitting your paperwork to receiving the card in the mail?

Ok I updated it for you :) My EAD took 66 days from submitting it to receiving it in mail.

AOS

03-30-10: Montreal Interview

04-09-10: K1 Visa Received

04-17-10: US Entry (Toronto Pearson Airport to Peoria, Illinois)

06-12-10: Married the love of my life!!

06-25-10: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 petitions to Chicago Lockbox

07-01-10: NOA1

07-30-10: Case transferred to California Service Center

08-03-10: Biometrics in Naperville, IL

08-21-10: AP approved

08-28-10: Received AP

08-30-10: EAD approved

09-01-10: Received EAD

09-20-10: Green card approved!!

09-25-10: Green card recieved!!!!

Timeline

bio went easy peasy. no one in and we showed up an hour early. no question asked nothing. filled out a simple small form, showed my drivers licence waited maybe 5 minutes, fingerprints and photo done. They stamped my asc bio appointment letter and handed it back to me and gave me a small survey to fill out. This was at the Norridge location.

i'm willing to bet i get my green card same time as the ead. since it's already been 3 months since i submitted the AOS, also if i was gonna get an RFE well i would have gotten it by now too. so hopefully knock on wood the next thing i hear is that email saying card production ordered lol.

HWDWm6.png

bio went easy peasy. no one in and we showed up an hour early. no question asked nothing. filled out a simple small form, showed my drivers licence waited maybe 5 minutes, fingerprints and photo done. They stamped my asc bio appointment letter and handed it back to me and gave me a small survey to fill out. This was at the Norridge location.

i'm willing to bet i get my green card same time as the ead. since it's already been 3 months since i submitted the AOS, also if i was gonna get an RFE well i would have gotten it by now too. so hopefully knock on wood the next thing i hear is that email saying card production ordered lol.

I dunno.. I thought that too. I had bio done, EAD received, AP received... and THEN I got my RFE for the lost medical.... :(

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

add me to the list of people waiting. I'm really hoping that the office in Raleigh does interviews if we have one. charlotte, nc is the only other option and that is really far away. What does ASC stand for again?

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Congrats to everyone that has received their EAD, or AP, or GC....or their bio appt. finally... :lol:

And to those that have been waiting....

Hang on..it's coming!! Doesn't hurt to check if it's been awhile. :)

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

add me to the list of people waiting. I'm really hoping that the office in Raleigh does interviews if we have one. charlotte, nc is the only other option and that is really far away. What does ASC stand for again?

It stands for Application Support Center..for biometric appointments

Here is the locater to find the nearest ASC in your area:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

and for AOS interviews in your area:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

:) Did you try typing in your zip code?? I put in our zip code for where we live and it told me which one we would be going to outta the many in Texas. Not sure if it will work for NC tho..

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It stands for Application Support Center..for biometric appointments

Here is the locater to find the nearest ASC in your area:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

and for AOS interviews in your area:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

:) Did you try typing in your zip code?? I put in our zip code for where we live and it told me which one we would be going to outta the many in Texas. Not sure if it will work for NC tho..

Thanks! It did work for NC it looks like the closest one is at least 3 hours away. There were only 4 posted for NC and two of them were not even in NC!.

Well my fingers are crossed that we dont get an interview.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.