MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Unfortunately only USCIS approved civil surgeons are authorized to fill out the form. You can find a list on their website for your state. Unfortunately finding a civil surgeon that is willing to transcribe your vaccinations without insisting you get a new medical is a big pain and can sometimes cost over $100. Some people get RFE's for not sending the I-693 and others do not. If you are transferred to CSC you have a decent chance on being approved without it, but if you end up with an interview they require you bring the I-693 to the interview with you. Personally, I would send the AOS in without the form and fill it out if you get an RFE or an interview. Why spend the money if you can get away without doing it? I didn't send one in but now that I have my interview in a few weeks I'm trying to get it done.

Ok, guess that's what I'll do then. Wish they could have said something back when I was at the interview!! ....

My guess is that they don't say anything, because they aren't responsible for that step in the process. But, as Huggles wrote, I wouldn't worry about getting one (the 693 transcribed) unles you get an RFE or an interview. Save the $$$!!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Unfortunately, we did get an interview and i'm scrambling now to try to find a civil surgeon in the area that doesn't require a whole new medical. The one I already called this morning does. They tried to tell me that it was the USCIS procedure. When I was dilligent and told them that it wasn't and that the medical she got for the visa was good for 1 year they finally conceded that it was "their" policy. I've heard people talk about a doctor in texas that takes the certificates by fax and only charges $20-$30 for it. I think i'll probably end up going that route. But for now, i'm still trying to look up local civil surgeons.

Question about the Gardisil shots though. Mel got the first installment of the shots, but never followed up. She doesn't want to continue with it if we really don't have to. Will a civil surgeon have a problem with her only having got the first shot?

Timeline
Unfortunately, we did get an interview and i'm scrambling now to try to find a civil surgeon in the area that doesn't require a whole new medical. The one I already called this morning does. They tried to tell me that it was the USCIS procedure. When I was dilligent and told them that it wasn't and that the medical she got for the visa was good for 1 year they finally conceded that it was "their" policy. I've heard people talk about a doctor in texas that takes the certificates by fax and only charges $20-$30 for it. I think i'll probably end up going that route. But for now, i'm still trying to look up local civil surgeons.

Question about the Gardisil shots though. Mel got the first installment of the shots, but never followed up. She doesn't want to continue with it if we really don't have to. Will a civil surgeon have a problem with her only having got the first shot?

Try to see if you can find a doctor at an Urgent Care facility. That's where we found ours.

In addition, if you go look at the instructions for the 693, in section 3 it says on the top left of page 4...

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register

Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of

Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section

and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

So, if you find one in your area, take the instructions IN to the office. The Dr. we used was techno-savvy enough, that he was looking online at the office while I was looking online from home and saw what we needed.

Good luck! Mind you, we paid $98 for ours, but with the time-span we had, it would have been $30 for the overnight mail to TX, $30 for the transcription, and another $30 for the return overnight??? Not worth it in our books. Plus, it took the Dr.'s office in TX 3 days to return my call and NEVER returned my husband's call! UGH!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Try to see if you can find a doctor at an Urgent Care facility. That's where we found ours.

In addition, if you go look at the instructions for the 693, in section 3 it says on the top left of page 4...

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register

Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of

Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section

and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

So, if you find one in your area, take the instructions IN to the office. The Dr. we used was techno-savvy enough, that he was looking online at the office while I was looking online from home and saw what we needed.

Good luck! Mind you, we paid $98 for ours, but with the time-span we had, it would have been $30 for the overnight mail to TX, $30 for the transcription, and another $30 for the return overnight??? Not worth it in our books. Plus, it took the Dr.'s office in TX 3 days to return my call and NEVER returned my husband's call! UGH!!!

Yeah, i've heard that Dr. Arnold is quite overburdened. We have enough time that we wouldn't need to overnight it, but I would rather find a civil surgeon that is near us. I'd rather go somewhere and get what we need in hand rather than have the uncertainty of the person being 6 states away. There seem to be these "all in one" doctors that specialize in immigration documents and procedures, but what they are really selling is a big package deal which we don't need. The doctor that I did call, his receptionist was not very knowledgeable and ended up saying that it as their procedure that they only offered the transcription with their medical. Bleh, I've got another one to call in 25 mins when they open.

How long did it take for some of you to get a biometrics appointment?

Heres a little story too!

Minnew and I now live right near each other. While I was getting my AOS ready to send off, I called the civil surgeon that is right down the street and the woman on the phone told me it costs 200$ to get the shots transcribed. I told her " are you sure? I dont need a full medical I already had it in canada, I just need the shots transcribed " she said yes im sure its 200$ plus extra for any shots that you are missing. So I said forget it as everyone around here is expecive. Well today Minnew called that same doctor and they just transcribed her shots for around 37$... !! What the heck! and I already sent my AOS and everything... Im going to go down there tomorrow morning and speak to someone at the office and see what the heck is going on about this. Im so glad I didnt go in and pay them 200$ then hear from minnew that they only charged 37$ I would have killed someone lol. Totally sucks but atleast if I get RFE or an interview I can maybe get the papers now for it unless they deside to tell me that they didnt give her it for 37$ in which case I will make a big ruckus!

Yup this is true! I did not want to be scrambling to get it transcribed in case we do get an interview, I didn't want to feel like I am trying to "get away" with not doing it either. (Unfortunately I think we will have an interview...Now that I say that we won't...lol). When I called the office the lady said they do them for $65 and asked me when I would need it done by because I need an appointment. She put me on hold a few minutes and said I talked to the Dr. and he said you do not need an appointment, when would you like to come in, and it MAY be less than $65, but more if you need extra shots. So an hour and a half later I go the office and he completes my forms. It was very easy, but its also beneficial to bring your vaccine records from the province just in case he has questions. They coded it as a nurses' visit, he said thats the lowest he could charge, I wasn't complaining though I am sure it would have cost me close to that to do Dr. Arnold with postage and fax machine charges. I wonder what the rest of the doctors in the area would have told me...prob would have tried to say new medical! Ha!

Inky I am very interested in what the Dr.'s office will tell you today!

Hopefully I will have AOS in the mail by tomorrow! We had a new addition to our family last night, he's 2 lbs, white, black and tan and 2 spots on his back, and if only his ears could get us Direct TV! LOL! A male Toy Fox Terrier, 10 weeks old!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
How long did it take for some of you to get a biometrics appointment?

Heres a little story too!

Minnew and I now live right near each other. While I was getting my AOS ready to send off, I called the civil surgeon that is right down the street and the woman on the phone told me it costs 200$ to get the shots transcribed. I told her " are you sure? I dont need a full medical I already had it in canada, I just need the shots transcribed " she said yes im sure its 200$ plus extra for any shots that you are missing. So I said forget it as everyone around here is expecive. Well today Minnew called that same doctor and they just transcribed her shots for around 37$... !! What the heck! and I already sent my AOS and everything... Im going to go down there tomorrow morning and speak to someone at the office and see what the heck is going on about this. Im so glad I didnt go in and pay them 200$ then hear from minnew that they only charged 37$ I would have killed someone lol. Totally sucks but atleast if I get RFE or an interview I can maybe get the papers now for it unless they deside to tell me that they didnt give her it for 37$ in which case I will make a big ruckus!

Yup this is true! I did not want to be scrambling to get it transcribed in case we do get an interview, I didn't want to feel like I am trying to "get away" with not doing it either. (Unfortunately I think we will have an interview...Now that I say that we won't...lol). When I called the office the lady said they do them for $65 and asked me when I would need it done by because I need an appointment. She put me on hold a few minutes and said I talked to the Dr. and he said you do not need an appointment, when would you like to come in, and it MAY be less than $65, but more if you need extra shots. So an hour and a half later I go the office and he completes my forms. It was very easy, but its also beneficial to bring your vaccine records from the province just in case he has questions. They coded it as a nurses' visit, he said thats the lowest he could charge, I wasn't complaining though I am sure it would have cost me close to that to do Dr. Arnold with postage and fax machine charges. I wonder what the rest of the doctors in the area would have told me...prob would have tried to say new medical! Ha!

Inky I am very interested in what the Dr.'s office will tell you today!

Hopefully I will have AOS in the mail by tomorrow! We had a new addition to our family last night, he's 2 lbs, white, black and tan and 2 spots on his back, and if only his ears could get us Direct TV! LOL! A male Toy Fox Terrier, 10 weeks old!

Congrats!!! ill be off to the DR office in a bit after i hit the post office. Have fun with him they grow up so fast!! haha

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
Does anyone know if they actually require the full battery of Gardisil shots or can you get away with just getting the first one on the visa medical? :blush:

I have heard that they could care less if you have the full set and only check for the first one ( depending on how soon you got it to the interview ) aparently only the first one is required to file for the aos but it doesnt say anywhere else that you have to have the rest and I have seen a lot of posts on VJ here and there that said people didnt even get the rest and were never asked about the rest of them.

- you could try to go without it and just have the first one which is what im going to do or if you are to nervous about that get the rest of them or see if the dr will sign off on it ( which they probably wont )

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
Does anyone know if they actually require the full battery of Gardisil shots or can you get away with just getting the first one on the visa medical? :blush:

I have heard that they could care less if you have the full set and only check for the first one ( depending on how soon you got it to the interview ) aparently only the first one is required to file for the aos but it doesnt say anywhere else that you have to have the rest and I have seen a lot of posts on VJ here and there that said people didnt even get the rest and were never asked about the rest of them.

- you could try to go without it and just have the first one which is what im going to do or if you are to nervous about that get the rest of them or see if the dr will sign off on it ( which they probably wont )

I have heard that as well. But, my natural paranoia just won't let it go at that :lol: I guess we'll find out when we try to get the I-693. At least my health insurance covers the Gardisil shots if we absolutely must get it.

Timeline

W00t, after calling around to a couple of places, found a doctor who charges $25 for the simple transcription and didn't even try to sell me on a medical exam. Even better, he is less than a mile from our home. Good day today :)

Timeline
I'm on I-693 call 3 today. Joy. This is annoying me.

What is the problem with the previous ones? The first two I called wanted to scam people out of $200 and make you take the medical again. I lucked out with my third call, good luck :)

Timeline
I'm on I-693 call 3 today. Joy. This is annoying me.

What is the problem with the previous ones? The first two I called wanted to scam people out of $200 and make you take the medical again. I lucked out with my third call, good luck :)

The first one didn't even know what I was talking about and wouldn't transfer me to someone who did.... and the second two didn't answer their phone so I left a message and no call back so far. A little annoying. My guess is that the receptionist gets the message, has no idea what its for and then deletes it instead of dealing with it.

Timeline

Ok, I hate to double post but you guys are going to laugh at this one. I just called a doctor and she won't do it without doing the complete medical over again... Ok. But guess how much she charges? $800!! :lol: Really?!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent my packet in without the i-693 because frankly I don't want to spend money if I don't have to. What sucks is if they do care about gardasil and I need to get the I-693 then the doctor will likely say I need the last installment of the series (It was due Oct 14th) lol *sigh*

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.