jess1

Question about application number

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I went for my FP appointment last Wednesday. My case is at NBC and the case number included the symbol "*" . for example NBC*123456789. Now when they give me a form to fill, I forgot to write the symbol "*" after NBC. Like I wrote NBC123456789 instead of writing NBC*123456789. but now m freaking out if I have done something terribly wrong. Does it matter if I forgot to mention the EXACT application number?

Do they scan the application when they take you to their computer for FP? I don't remember if the guy scanned my application before taking my finger prints. I also don't remember what information he entered from that form. Should I be worrying about anything? Can I call USCIS/FBI or NBC if they have received any information about my FP done for N400. whom should I call?

Also I could not go on the actual date the FP was scheduled. But according to my appointment letter I could go on any following Wednesday.

Thanks for the help in advance.

:(

N400

Date Filed : June 9, 2009

NOA Date : June 18, 2009

Bio. Appt. : July 22, 2009

Interview : Sept 22, 2009 *Approved*

Oath : Sept 30, 2009

Applied Passport : Sept 30. 2009

Received passport: Oct 07, 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello,

I went for my FP appointment last Wednesday. My case is at NBC and the case number included the symbol "*" . for example NBC*123456789. Now when they give me a form to fill, I forgot to write the symbol "*" after NBC. Like I wrote NBC123456789 instead of writing NBC*123456789. but now m freaking out if I have done something terribly wrong. Does it matter if I forgot to mention the EXACT application number?

Do they scan the application when they take you to their computer for FP? I don't remember if the guy scanned my application before taking my finger prints. I also don't remember what information he entered from that form. Should I be worrying about anything? Can I call USCIS/FBI or NBC if they have received any information about my FP done for N400. whom should I call?

Also I could not go on the actual date the FP was scheduled. But according to my appointment letter I could go on any following Wednesday.

Thanks for the help in advance.

:(

Recall vividly taking my wife into biometrics, with all those arm guards and screening just to get in, she would go braindead and barely could remember her name. Then they handed her that form that had to be hand filled in. My comment to myself was, what in the hell do they want this for, we have the appointment form and they already have this information on our application. When we received our NOA, that asterisk was not even in her case number, we had to figure that out only for the purpose of checking her on-line status that was a total waste of time, without that asterisk couldn't even get in. Are they adding that now?

Her fingerprint guy did look over her handfilled form and accepted it, did yours do as well? Most important, he stamped her appointment slip and gave that back so we had proof that we had it done. I have no idea what they do with those hand filled forms, maybe just a check to make sure you are you, then pitch them.

But feel you would be okay as long as you received your stamped receipt. I also hit him for that civics test booklet and CD, he had to chase all over to find one, they are suppose to give you that. Couldn't help but make the comment, doesn't our 80 bucks include a photo?

Feel sorry for immigrants going to a USCIS office, strange country, and sometimes harsh treatment, that is why I insisted on going with my wife, I am her man and suppose to be her protector as well. Also like to tease the guards, do people really try to break in her to steal that portrait of GWB and some old folding chairs?

Thanks NickD for the helpful information. yes he did stamp my appointment letter. you are right whats the need to fill that form when they have got all the information already. About the case numbers, yes the asterisk was mentioned on my appointment letter and even on NOA. but somehow I kept considering that just a useless symbol that they used to as a space may be (NBC*123456789) .... :unsure: anyways whats done is done now.

I agree it was 9 in the morning and they guy was fairly bizarre mood already and the guy who did the FP , he was literally yawning on my face :wacko:

NickD, how did you figure out the asterisk if that was not even mentioned on your appointment letter. Thats strange. how far are you now with your wife's process. Has she got her IL yet? Good luck to you guys I know its a very painstaking process but I hope it all will be worth it at the end :)

I hope the guy scanned my appointment letter, because it has barcodes ....I am thinking about calling FBI/USCIS on Monday to ask if they got my FP information because I have seen some people doing that but I don't know if that would be helpful.

more insights are welcomed.

Thanks once again

N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thanks NickD for the helpful information. yes he did stamp my appointment letter. you are right whats the need to fill that form when they have got all the information already. About the case numbers, yes the asterisk was mentioned on my appointment letter and even on NOA. but somehow I kept considering that just a useless symbol that they used to as a space may be (NBC*123456789) .... :unsure: anyways whats done is done now.

I agree it was 9 in the morning and they guy was fairly bizarre mood already and the guy who did the FP , he was literally yawning on my face :wacko:

NickD, how did you figure out the asterisk if that was not even mentioned on your appointment letter. Thats strange. how far are you now with your wife's process. Has she got her IL yet? Good luck to you guys I know its a very painstaking process but I hope it all will be worth it at the end :)

I hope the guy scanned my appointment letter, because it has barcodes ....I am thinking about calling FBI/USCIS on Monday to ask if they got my FP information because I have seen some people doing that but I don't know if that would be helpful.

more insights are welcomed.

Thanks once again

Somebody on this board helped me with that asterisk problem as I couldn't log in for the status, wonder if that was highly classified information. Can still log in with it and this is what it says of three seconds ago.

"

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

"Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 31, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Wife received her USC 09/03/2008, she is history, so why am I still here? Keeping up with my daughter, she turned 18 so have one more to go yet, plus a lot of nice people on this board. See LucyRich are still here, haven't figured out yet whether it's Lucy or Rich giving that fine advice taking great efforts in looking up the pertinent USCIS data to back their statements. They were always a couple of months ahead of us.

The best words my wife received from the USCIS was at her oath ceremony, "you are now a USC just as if you were born here." That was great for my wife as now she feels like she is a part of this country, and not just an outsider looking in.

I called USCIS and the rep said that its OK if i forgot to put asterisk because all the N400 application have asterisk and we understand that. So keeping my fingers crossed..after that I called FBI and they said my FP n background check is complete and sent back to USCIS.....so thats a relief...:)

N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.