jamster0105

CRBA/Passport approval!

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My wife had our sons CRBA and passport interview today at the embassy in Manila. Everything went smooth as we thought (Thank God!), however, since I had my passport notzarized in the Philippines this past may, they asked if I would mail them a copy of my passport notarized from a notary in the US. It appears they do not accept Philippines notary of an American citizens passport for this purpose (remember this everyone who is applying for CRBA for a child in Manila). I'm going to send out this copy directly to American citizens services Via 2 day UPS delivery, which will put it in the consulars hands by monday (no delays) and we should have our sons CRBA and passport within 2-3 weeks! Once she has these, she will bring them back to Visa services in the embassy without an interview appointment so they can issue her visa to her. Normally that process takes only a few days! Looks like I should have my family here with me by mid august, it there are no more delays. Thank you to everyone who has helped us through our year long journey, especially Mike and Karen. Good luck to all of you who have just recently started on your visa journey and to those who are almost done. Just pray everyday and never give up hope! Everyones days will come :star:

First time chatting on yahoo messenger: Jan 6, 2007
Met in person in Manila: May 12, 2007
Returned to Manila: Sep 25, 2007
Will you marry me?: Sep 26, 2007
Wedding: Jan 5, 2008
Mailed I-130 Petition application: Aug 11, 2008
NOA1 for I-130: Aug 15, 2008
Touched (I-130): Aug 21, 2008
Mailed I-129F (K-3) application: Aug 22, 2008
NOA1 for I-129F (K-3): Aug 27, 2008
Touched (K-3): Sep 1, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 8, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 9, 2008
Approved (K-3 and I-130): Feb 11, 2009
Interview: 6/3/2009- Approved!
POE: 8/25/2009!

AOS
Sent: 3/3/2011
NOA1: 3/11/2011
Biometrics: 4/5/2011 - everything went fine!
RFE: 4/11/2011
RFE response received by USCIS: 4/28/2011

N-400

Filed: 7/17/2014

Text receipt: 7/23/2014

Hello everyone,

My wife had our sons CRBA and passport interview today at the embassy in Manila. Everything went smooth as we thought (Thank God!), however, since I had my passport notzarized in the Philippines this past may, they asked if I would mail them a copy of my passport notarized from a notary in the US. It appears they do not accept Philippines notary of an American citizens passport for this purpose (remember this everyone who is applying for CRBA for a child in Manila). I'm going to send out this copy directly to American citizens services Via 2 day UPS delivery, which will put it in the consulars hands by monday (no delays) and we should have our sons CRBA and passport within 2-3 weeks! Once she has these, she will bring them back to Visa services in the embassy without an interview appointment so they can issue her visa to her. Normally that process takes only a few days! Looks like I should have my family here with me by mid august, it there are no more delays. Thank you to everyone who has helped us through our year long journey, especially Mike and Karen. Good luck to all of you who have just recently started on your visa journey and to those who are almost done. Just pray everyday and never give up hope! Everyones days will come :star:

Congrats for your son's CRBA approval!!!!

Does your son has Philippine passport already so he won't need exit permit anymore?

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Congratulations!!

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello jamster0105,

We are also currently in the process of securing notarized copies of US Passport. I'd like to know how much would we expect to spend for this.

Did they charge you per passport page? Per photocopied paper? or one payment for the entire notarization service?

Thank you!

Poopits

Hello everyone,

Get your son a PI passport then he will have dual citizenship.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.