ping78

Help: How to reply to RFE (I-765)? :o

5 posts in this topic

My friend made a mistake that she has a EAD card, good through 10/2010, but when she filed her I-485 back in May, this year, she filed a new I-765 along with it, since it is free anyway. But today, she received a RFE, asking her to explain why she is seeking a new EAD. She don't know if she has to respond and how to respond to it or she can just ignore it. If she ignore it, will it affect her I-485 application? She is so worried? please help and advise the options and consequences. Thanks a lot!!!

RFE quoted:

You filed Form I-765 too early. A review of USCIS records indicates that your current employment authorization document (EAD) expires on 10/07/2010. Therefore, please provide a statement that explains the reasons why you are seeking a new EAD.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I would probably just send a letter saying that you mistakenly assumed you needed a new EAD because of your changing status. Then ask them to ignore your I-765 application.

I definitely would not ignore the RFE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have to respond to the RFE or your application just gathers dust somewhere till you do. Just indicate it was a mistake on your part and ask them to disregard that particular application for EAD. That should take care of it.. All the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.