john&louella

OFF TOPIC- lumpia wrapper?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, fiance likes lumpia a lot and i want to make as often and as much as he want :wacko:

i know that there is a lumpia wrapper in the US (meron nga ba?) hehe

but my problem is i dont know how they call it there? lollol :bonk:

Tulong naman po,Maraming Salamat!

j&L

misisB

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi guys, fiance likes lumpia a lot and i want to make as often and as much as he want :wacko:

j&L

It's called springroll...you can get it in any Asian store here in US. last saturday I bought one I made a turon because I found saging saba and I missed eating it, I also bought jackfruit in can. yum yum :innocent:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

I KNOW THEY CALL IT HERE LUMPIA WRAPPER PAREN .. SOMEHOW I WOULD REcommend if you can go to any Asian Markets:

Grand Asia Market 1253 Buck Jones Road (South Hills Mall in Cary) Raleigh, NC 27606

Store Hours:

Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Saturday 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Sunday, US Holidays & Chinese Holidays>> im not sure kung malapit syo yan..

j&L

sa mga asian store madami punta ka lng sa frozen section ung lumpia wrapper ko nakita ko sa ref na malaki e nka box :lol:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

there another kind of spring roll wrapper yung made with rice.. it's good for lumpia but not as good as the one made with flour.

Yes, there are many different kind of springroll, the one I bought was made from Philippines. I don't like to use the other springroll.

Edited by lotus101

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Timeline

It depends where you live in the US. Where I live, I just go to Safeway or the local store and buy it in the frozen section. I figure most Asian markets have them too.

I would suggest that you just make your own lumpia wrapper.

It's very easy. let me teach you how. :)

This will make you 10 Fresh Lumpia Wrapper Skins

Ingredients

* 1 cup flour

* 1 egg

* 1 cup water

1.Mix all ingredients until very smooth.

2.Lightly grease a non-stick pan and heat. Brush mixture onto pan. When dough starts to come away from the pan, lift wrapper out carefully. It will not lift out if mixture is not done.

Pronto!

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

some people here in our area also call it EGGROLL WRAPPER!

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

Or, if you'd rather to make the thinnest lumpia wrapper You can try this one.

There are three things to remember when making crepe-like spring roll wrappers.

1. The correct proportion between the flour and the starch;

2. The correct consistency of the batter (i.e., the amount of water); and

3. A non-stick frying pan

17596865.jpg

The following recipe makes 10 spring roll wrappers using a 10-inch non-stick frying pan. If you use a smaller sized pan, you will be able to make more wrappers. But small wrappers aren’t easy to work with because you will need a substantial amount of overhang to fold them properly without the lumpia bursting open before they are served.

Ingredients :

1 c. of all-purpose flour

1/3 c. of corn or tapioca starch

1 egg

1/2 tsp. of salt

2-3/4 c. of water (you may have to adjust this depending on the quality of the flour and starch you use)

Cooking procedure :

In a mixing bowl, beat the egg. Add the water and mix. Add the flour, starch and salt and mix until well blended.

Place the frying pan on the stove and turn on the heat to medium-low. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan, swirling the pan to evenly distribute the batter on the bottom. Cook the batter until the crepe (it is a crepe, really) pulls away from the sides of the pan (see the photo), about two minutes. Using a spatula, flip the crepe over and cook the other side for a minute.

Okay, stoves have different settings and temperature and the cooking time of two minutes is relative. How can you tell if the crepe is ready to be flipped over? It is ready when the spatula slides easily underneath. If the crepe wrinkles, that means it is still too wet. If you flip it at this stage, it is still sticky, it’s difficult to flip over and it might crumple and stick in places.

Just keep repeating the procedure until you have used up all the batter. A tip: stir the batter before cooking each wrapper. The starch has a nasty tendency to sink to the bottom and you really want the batter to be very well blended before it goes into the hot frying pan.

Where do you place the cooked lumpia wrappers? Most cooks will say stack them between sheets of kitchen (wax) paper. That’s too rich for me — kitchen paper is not cheap and I only use it for baking. I don’t have any problems stacking the cooked lumpia wrapper one on top of the other. They might stick to one another if they are still wet. But if they have been sufficiently looked, you will be able to pull off each wrapper easily.

There you go. Hope that helps you.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline

j&L

It's called springroll...you can get it in any Asian store here in US. last saturday I bought one I made a turon because I found saging saba and I missed eating it, I also bought jackfruit in can. yum yum :innocent:

turon + jackfruit...wohooooooo! :dance:

thank you po.

misisB

sometimes, lumpia wrapper is beside the tofu at the grocery store. :)

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

j&L

turon + jackfruit...wohooooooo! :dance:

thank you po.

here's the turon...for all

PPDSC04658.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.