happywifeymom

Confused on Receipt Notices

5 posts in this topic

Hello fellow members,

I got my receipt notice for my I-751 and just today i got my appointment for the biometrics. I am confused since i came here on a K1 visa and when i check my status online(I-751) it shows that i came here on CR189 -Petition to remove condition of permanent status.

My questions are:

1. Is this right? that it shows CR189 even if i came here on a K1 visa?is it not supposed to be I-751 instead of CR189?

2.What is this CR189?

3.The receipt # and the application # for my I -751 are not the same..is this right?

4. My name on the receipt notice and the biometrics notice are not the same but is correct in my green card and my other documents..should i just ignore the wrong spelling on these notices?

5. Can i go ahead and make a walk -in biometric since i am working now?

Should i go ahead and call USCIS about the mistakes or just ignore them?

Please i would appreciate your help.Thanks a lot in advance.

CR189 is the correct denotation for an I 751 in USCIS' system. You're fine, and they have not made an error.

I'm fuzzy on question 3 - what do you mean by 'application number'??

If you want, go to your local office for a walk up biometrics appointment (most people are having success with that). FYI biometrics are wholly unrelated to working - not sure what that statement even means.

If you notice a misspelling on any forms, I'd mention it at your bio appt and see if they can fix it there.

SA4userbar.jpg

CR189 is the correct denotation for an I 751 in USCIS' system. You're fine, and they have not made an error.

I'm fuzzy on question 3 - what do you mean by 'application number'??

If you want, go to your local office for a walk up biometrics appointment (most people are having success with that). FYI biometrics are wholly unrelated to working - not sure what that statement even means.

If you notice a misspelling on any forms, I'd mention it at your bio appt and see if they can fix it there.

Thank you for your reply. In question no.3 i asked if i can go do the walk- in biometric as soon as i can since i may not be allowed to get a day off for that day since i just started a new job?

When i sent my I-751 they sent me the I-797 C receipt notice # which is different from the application # shown in the biometrics appointment?

My green card and other legal documents are all correct ,,just this 2 notices i got had a mistake on the name spelling..do ihave to worry about the wrong spelling ?

Again i would appreciate some more replies.

Question 3 referenced the receipt number and application number that I was confused by. Still sort of am, LOL. Not having had a bio notice in my hands for a while, I still can't be sure what you mean. Your 'receipt notice' number (from the I 797 C) --do you mean your CASE number? Not following you at all - maybe I should let someone else answer that!

I wouldn't worry about the misspelling (as in lose sleep over it), but I would mention it at your bio appt anyway and see if they can correct it.

SA4userbar.jpg

Thank you for your reply. In question no.3 i asked if i can go do the walk- in biometric as soon as i can since i may not be allowed to get a day off for that day since i just started a new job?

When i sent my I-751 they sent me the I-797 C receipt notice # which is different from the application # shown in the biometrics appointment?

My green card and other legal documents are all correct ,,just this 2 notices i got had a mistake on the name spelling..do ihave to worry about the wrong spelling ?

Again i would appreciate some more replies.

The application number in your biometrics notice is the one you use to check your case status online, using this link

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

And it's perfectly normal that the receipt number and the application numbers are totally different.

Mention the error when you go to your local ASC. Yes, you can try a walk-in since you already have the ASC appointment notice.

And refer to your receipt notice, read the note in last paragraph, it states:

"NOTE: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CR189" under the application type in our case status on-line tool." CR189 is I-751.

Edited by ~krakatoa~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.