ameriafrican

Awaiting for AP to arrive @ Lagos Nigeria Post

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:thumbs: Hello All: We Finally got an interview Date & Time ,Via E-Mail @The Lagos Embassy/Consulate for September 8, 2009 @7 am , Thank You My Lord Jesus Christ & All the help i got from you guys , Thanks :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats!

:thumbs: Hello All: We Finally got an interview Date & Time ,Via E-Mail @The Lagos Embassy/Consulate for September 8, 2009 @7 am , Thank You My Lord Jesus Christ & All the help i got from you guys , Thanks :D

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Congratulations! God Bless.....

Congratulations!!!!!

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

CONGRATS :dance::dance: sending my wishes for a successful interview :thumbs:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Timeline

You know, the way the Lagos Embassy is handling these interview dates is completed crazy! I don't understand their process and you would think they would send interview dates in the order that they rec packages or so but they don't. I just can't figure out their system! :angry:

Timeline

You know, the way the Lagos Embassy is handling these interview dates is completed crazy! I don't understand their process and you would think they would send interview dates in the order that they rec packages or so but they don't. I just can't figure out their system! :angry:

Finally, Finally, Finally......We Got Our Interview Date! Thank You Jesus! :thumbs:

Finally, Finally, Finally......We Got Our Interview Date! Thank You Jesus! :thumbs:

CONGRATS Boundless :dance::dance: GOOD LUCK at interview :thumbs:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
Please can the organisers move this to the African sub-forum where she will get more help.

To the OP: Your Fiance should have gone to pick his packet 3 up from the Lagos Embassy but since he hasn't done that, my advice would be for you to email them to know the next step since they changed that rule 1st July. The mail service in Lagos is not reliable except it's a private mail box( I grew up in Lagos). Now they send packet 3 out to beneficiaries address and there are some areas in Lagos where I don't think mails get delivered to but your Fiance might not live in one of those.

And you don't get married within the 4 months approval notice period but 90 days from when your Fiance enters the US once he is issued a K-1 visa. Don't worry about the time, just start gathering all the documents he will need for the interview and he needs to get police reports and his long style birth certificate from the local government. You need to get pro-active to avoid any issues.

Those who have gone through Lagos will be in a better position to advice you though.

All the best.

Timeline

congrat. but can you help me out my fiance case has been approved,since 6/18/09, still no interview date yet ,i mean im fed up about the whole thing very frustrated, now i only have till 10/18/09 for this case pl,s help what can i do to get ,the interview date for her, i had E- mail several times no response, i made many call still no result,

Timeline

congrat. but can you help me out my fiance case has been approved,since 6/18/09, still no interview date yet ,i mean im fed up about the whole thing very frustrated, now i only have till 10/18/09 for this case pl,s help what can i do to get ,the interview date for her, i had E- mail several times no response, i made many call still no result,

You should get contacted soon, it is not unusual for the embassy to not respond to your email because we all go thru that. They are not going to email you your interview date unti they get good and ready and it doesn't matter that you rend date is Oct. 18 because the interview they orginally scheduled for me was after my end date of Sept 30. Make sure you are emailing them from the email address they have on file and make sure youare including your case number. Also you can call the Department of State to check on your case. Other than that there is not much you can do. A couple people I know didn't get their interview date until 3 weeks before the day they were to be atthe interview. So just try and hold on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.