itsmyname

Termination??? Help!!!!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with all of the replies you got from here.

If you guys were not that financially stable by the time you had all those appointments, you could have ask for a co-sponsor to help with all of the expenses.

Now, that your case is terminated, you had no choice but to start over.

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I think we had a good reason why i did not show up during my appointments but it does not mean that i wasn't serious about my marriage or in our relationship. When I had my first appointment my husband was here in Philippines and he resigned at his job and believe that he will stay here for good but he wasn't in good shape after 10 months to stay so he decided to go back in U.S.A (we lived together for 13 months) The medical exam was already paid in BPI, i know it was a waste and it hurt me a lot but we are having a problem about money so that was the main reason why we had to cancel the 2 appointments but I hope there will be another chances for us. We are almost 9 months apart from each other since he left , i hope the embassy will understand. But right now I am studying and i have almost 8 months to go before my graduation day. My husband want me to go and visit him during my semestral break this coming october, so we are planning about visitor/tourist visa would it be possible? I will only stay atleast 2 weeks and back in phils to finish my school and if so does anyone could give me all the details if what are the requirements or documents needed???please help

i dont think visitors visa is possible.. we tried that before when i was still in PI and we were just trying to decide whether to stay in manila or just settle down here in the states but the US embassy said they really dont give tourist visa to american citizen's spouse. :-(.. so sorry bout that.

Thanks..but though think we will still tried it who knows but can you give me still if what are the requirements???

When we had it filed we are financially stable and had the money (lets say the ITR 2005-07) he was making more than what it required but just really happened that he come to philippines and that he had to quit on his job.And like i said now that he is back in U.S.A he work again but still not reaching the required amount and that is the reason why we cannot start it right now..

I think we had a good reason why i did not show up during my appointments but it does not mean that i wasn't serious about my marriage or in our relationship. When I had my first appointment my husband was here in Philippines and he resigned at his job and believe that he will stay here for good but he wasn't in good shape after 10 months to stay so he decided to go back in U.S.A (we lived together for 13 months) The medical exam was already paid in BPI, i know it was a waste and it hurt me a lot but we are having a problem about money so that was the main reason why we had to cancel the 2 appointments but I hope there will be another chances for us. We are almost 9 months apart from each other since he left , i hope the embassy will understand. But right now I am studying and i have almost 8 months to go before my graduation day. My husband want me to go and visit him during my semestral break this coming october, so we are planning about visitor/tourist visa would it be possible? I will only stay atleast 2 weeks and back in phils to finish my school and if so does anyone could give me all the details if what are the requirements or documents needed???please help

i dont think visitors visa is possible.. we tried that before when i was still in PI and we were just trying to decide whether to stay in manila or just settle down here in the states but the US embassy said they really dont give tourist visa to american citizen's spouse. :-(.. so sorry bout that.

I agree. Since you are married to an American, there is a presumption that you're gonna stay in the United States and not returning to the Philippines. Little or no chance at all that the US Embassy will give you a visitor's visa unless you can show strong ties to the Philippines.

I am so disappointed that a little chances or might not at all but if this is the reality then i think i would just stay till I finish my school and might my husband could make enough money by then. But i have one question , would it be possible that the company or the owner of the company where my husband is working now could be a co-sponsor even if we are not related to him??? I hope to hear you guys soon

Thanks!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think we had a good reason why i did not show up during my appointments but it does not mean that i wasn't serious about my marriage or in our relationship.

You could have had the best reason in the world for missing your appointment, but if you failed to communicate it to the Embassy, then it doesn't matter. They can quite reasonably assume that you abandoned your application.

My wife missed her interview appointment because the embassy scheduled it on less than a week's notice and she didn't get the interview letter in time. Thankfully I just happened to call the embassy the same day as her appointment, so I had her call and explain the situation so she could get another appointment.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Well that what happened in my papers too coz like it said once it is approved in NVC they will be the one to forward the papers to embassy manila and that we will have to wait for the calls but we got nothing until we decided to send fax to them so a week or 2 weeks after they send me a letter telling all the information and the appointments and thats the time when my husband moved in Philippines.

I am so disappointed that a little chances or might not at all but if this is the reality then i think i would just stay till I finish my school and might my husband could make enough money by then. But i have one question , would it be possible that the company or the owner of the company where my husband is working now could be a co-sponsor even if we are not related to him??? I hope to hear you guys soon..

Thanks a lot for the responses..hope you guys give some more additional info.

I think we had a good reason why i did not show up during my appointments but it does not mean that i wasn't serious about my marriage or in our relationship. When I had my first appointment my husband was here in Philippines and he resigned at his job and believe that he will stay here for good but he wasn't in good shape after 10 months to stay so he decided to go back in U.S.A (we lived together for 13 months) as the main reason why we had to cancel the 2 appointments but I hope there will be another chances for us. We The medical exam was already paid in BPI, i know it was a waste and it hurt me a lot but we are having a problem about money so that ware almost 9 months apart from each other since he left , i hope the embassy will understand. But right now I am studying and i have almost 8 months to go before my graduation day. My husband want me to go and visit him during my semestral break this coming october, so we are planning about visitor/tourist visa would it be possible? I will only stay atleast 2 weeks and back in phils to finish my school and if so does anyone could give me all the details if what are the requirements or documents needed???please help

i thought the medical exams are to be paid only at st lukes? i didnt know it could be paid at BPI.

getting a tourist visa is next to impossible if youre married to an american, the consul will just tell you " youre better off with an immigrant visa"

try calling the us embassy and check about the status of your case. you may have to start all over again.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

I agree. Since you are married to an American, there is a presumption that you're gonna stay in the United States and not returning to the Philippines. Little or no chance at all that the US Embassy will give you a visitor's visa unless you can show strong ties to the Philippines.

I am so disappointed that a little chances or might not at all but if this is the reality then i think i would just stay till I finish my school and might my husband could make enough money by then. But i have one question , would it be possible that the company or the owner of the company where my husband is working now could be a co-sponsor even if we are not related to him??? I hope to hear you guys soon

Thanks!!!!

base sa mga nababasa ko USEM MANILA they dont accept co sponsor and if they do close relatives lang ang pwede like father, mother, siblings call the Embassy and ask kung ano ang pwede nyong gwin bka u need to start all over again goodluck

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

which reminds me of my friend's situation. NVC sent her the date of her interview but she never got it, apparently it must have gotten lost in the mail, so she failed to show up for her interview. after some time, she got a letter from the us embassy stating that her petition has been cancelled. she immediately contacted the embassy and informed them of the problem, it took about 2 yrs for them to schedule her for another interview.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

2 years??? that is just way too long my heart will be probably broke. With all the answers/advices i got from here about tourist visa I think i am not going to pursue on it coz it will be just a waste of money so i think am gonna just wait if when we can re-file it again. The only co -sponsor that we would get is my husband's son but he is not doing well this year so it would surely out of the question right now.My husband is doing 2 jobs where the other one is tax free so it means it would not be reported and that is the problem there..To all thanks for the responses and I would appreciate more if i hear you guys..Goodluck to everyone...

I think we had a good reason why i did not show up during my appointments but it does not mean that i wasn't serious about my marriage or in our relationship. When I had my first appointment my husband was here in Philippines and he resigned at his job and believe that he will stay here for good but he wasn't in good shape after 10 months to stay so he decided to go back in U.S.A (we lived together for 13 months) as the main reason why we had to cancel the 2 appointments but I hope there will be another chances for us. We The medical exam was already paid in BPI, i know it was a waste and it hurt me a lot but we are having a problem about money so that ware almost 9 months apart from each other since he left , i hope the embassy will understand. But right now I am studying and i have almost 8 months to go before my graduation day. My husband want me to go and visit him during my semestral break this coming october, so we are planning about visitor/tourist visa would it be possible? I will only stay atleast 2 weeks and back in phils to finish my school and if so does anyone could give me all the details if what are the requirements or documents needed???please help

i thought the medical exams are to be paid only at st lukes? i didnt know it could be paid at BPI.

getting a tourist visa is next to impossible if youre married to an american, the consul will just tell you " youre better off with an immigrant visa"

try calling the us embassy and check about the status of your case. you may have to start all over again.

Yes thats true it could be paid in the choosen bank BPI or BDO and what i did i paid the amount for the medical and then they gave me a pay slip where a medical form was attached and told me once i get to St. Lukes all i have to do is to show it that i am paid.

all you have to do is call the embassy and ask them if your papers are expired..

if its expired since its already AUG. 2009 then your husband has to petition you all over again!

they do accept CO- SPONSOR if its an immigrant visa, i have a friend who just got approved using a co sponsor and it was not even a relative, it was his co worker.

so good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.