Team J and B

Applying for CDN Cit'ship for Baby

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

I know some of you are doing this for your babies too. According to form CIT0021, it says: "In the case of a child under 12 months of age, photos do not need to meet the citizenship specifications. The photo must be of the child only and must clearly show the face of the child. The photos do not need to be signed and dated by a photographer."

So does this mean we can just get US passport size photos taken of the baby at any passport photo place here in the USA? OR - does it mean I can print off my own photos of my baby on 4x6 paper or whatever?

Just to be clear, do they just need one or two?

I'm sending in the application at the end of July. How long did it take for those of you who applied for your babies?

I forget, do babies need passports to travel to Canada now? If yes, I guess I should be filing for his US passport concurrently.

Thanks! Hope you're all doing swell!

It's a nice hot 13 degrees in San Francisco. Fark. Oops, pardon my language, but it's hard to be polite when your fingers are freezing and you have the heat on in the middle of July.

I don't have a totally clear answer for your photo question. I am applying for my 3 month old Canadain citizenship card as well. I am just going to get the US passport photos (we will be applying for baby's US passport as well) done and get a couple of extras to send with the Canada application. My recommendation to you if you are just going to print a baby photo off at home then to try to make it close to the size they request for the adult photos. A 4x6 photo may get distorted when they have to shrink it down to fit on the card.

No, babies don't need a passport to travel to Canada - a birth certificate will be suffice.

@ Neiks - Is the birth certificate sufficient for air travel to Canada too, or just for driving across the border?

Also, I'm being nosy and confused here ..... how many kiddos do you have and how old are they? I thought I remembered you having a kid before I had my son .... but then you posted about your 3 month old. I think I have mommy brain because this made me scratch my head!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

@ Neiks - Is the birth certificate sufficient for air travel to Canada too, or just for driving across the border?

Sorry, I think they may need one for air travel - not 100% positive. My mind defaults to land border all the time b/c that's where I work.

Also, I'm being nosy and confused here ..... how many kiddos do you have and how old are they? I thought I remembered you having a kid before I had my son .... but then you posted about your 3 month old. I think I have mommy brain because this made me scratch my head!

We have a 2 1/2 year old boy that was born in Canada before I got my GC and our newest addition is another baby boy that will be 4 months at the end of this month. He was born in the US.

Edited by neiks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Team J and B,

The pictures should be passport photos but the baby does not have to look at the camera without blinking, as long as the photo of their face is clear you are fine.

http://www.passportcanada.gc.ca/form/pdfs/pptc155.pdf

Also if you get a CDN passport for a child under 12 months you are entitled to a one time replacement but you have to complete the application again and the pic is only valid for a month.

MONI_CALLA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.