4 posts in this topic

I just checked the USCIS webpage and they updated it since last night , first of all i couldn't find no I-751 no more and i was wondering (i am at VSC ) then i checked the timeline for the CSC prosessing dates and could not find anything either so i assume that they process the applications right away as soon as they come in ? and then i saw this :

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that, in partnership with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), it has met all milestones set forth in a joint business plan announced April 2, 2008, resulting in the elimination of the FBI National Name Check Program (NNCP) backlog.

“Our close partnership with the FBI has resulted in the accomplishment of this significant achievement with national security as its foundation,” said USCIS Acting Deputy Director Michael Aytes. “This continued working relationship will help to ensure that name check processing is accomplished as quickly as possible without compromising security concerns.”

The final goal of the business plan was to achieve a sustainable performance level by the NNCP of completing 98 percent of name check requests submitted by USCIS within 30 days, and the remaining two percent within 90 days. This performance level will become the new standard.

These vastly improved performance levels were achieved through a variety of collaborative steps taken by USCIS and the FBI, including:

–o an increase in NNCP staffing made possible by the transfer of appropriated funds from USCIS funding and additional fee revenue for name check processing;

–o name check process improvements initiated by the FBI;

–o refinements in the name check file search criteria which enabled the FBI to focus on files most likely to yield pertinent search results;

–o training of NNCP staff on USCIS adjudication requirements and the applicability of name check search results to USCIS adjudications; and

–o other cooperative measures including assignment of USCIS personnel to the NNCP.

As is the case with all security checks undertaken by USCIS, any information provided by the FBI through these checks may require further evaluation and may need additional interaction with agencies outside USCIS to obtain updated or additional information. This could result in additional delays in processing and is not governed by the processing goals contained in the joint business plan.

In the majority of instances, however, the completion of a backlogged FBI name check has resulted in a “no record response.” As a result, USCIS has been able to resume normal processing of most cases which most often ends in a final determination of eligibility. Next steps in the adjudication of cases that were previously delayed as a result a pending FBI name check request may now include updating fingerprint results, scheduling interviews, requesting additional evidence and other reviews to determine whether the applicant is eligible for the requested immigration benefit. :thumbs:

"Happiness only lives for those who cry, those who was hurt, those who have searched, those who loved and those who have tried..."

I thought NSC is not processing no more ? can somebody please tell us what exactly is going on ?

"Happiness only lives for those who cry, those who was hurt, those who have searched, those who loved and those who have tried..."

I just checked the website as well and it looks like VSC AND tsc are back to processing the I751 again and there is nothing at the NSC. I'ts all a little mind boggling and I think I have given up trying to figure out USCIS. :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

VSC shows 6 months and TSC as dec 2008

Edited by seldommseene

03/10/09-I 751 sent

03/16/09 GC expires

03/18/09 received at VSC

04/01/09 notice for Biometrics received

04/08/09 -Biometrics done

04/16/08 Still no receipt-made infopass appt for 04/29/09 ATL

04/18/09 DAY 30

04/29/09 went to local office received one year extension (day 43)

05/18/09 DAY 60

06/18/09 DAY 90 3 months

07/18/09 Day 120 4 months

08/18/09 Day 150 5 months

09/14/09 interview and approval

Can File N-400 12/16/09 (4 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSERY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.