thall9290

Address change

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am the US citizen (sponsor) and my fiance has recently moved. my question is this-

Do we need to change his address with the USCIS? I posted this question previously and got a reply saying that I could wait to change it with the NVC since USCIS wouldnt be sending him anything anyway. Will the NVC send me something before the packet is sent to the Embassy in London? Will I get a chance to change it before it goes over there? He did not chose to have his mail forwarded from his old address to his new address. I am worried that the packet will go to the embassy in London and all information be sent to his old address.

I did look on the USCIS website at the change of address form and it states at the top of the form:

"Most non-United States (U.S.) citizens who are in the U.S. are required by law to notify DHS of any change of address within 10 days of moving to a new address."

Clearly states non-United States citizen who are IN the U.S. are required....." . He isnt IN the U.S. yet.

HELP!! my head is spinning!

Thanks in advance

Our timeline:

Met online - 2/19/05

Met for the first time - 1/29/06

Dave visits again - 4/1/07

Engaged - 4/6/07

I 129F Sent - 3/21/09

I 129F Delivered - 3/23/09

Check Cashed - 3/24/09

NOA2- Approval date 7/22/09 (hard copy received in mail 7/27/09)

Mailed copies of packet to Dave - 8/1/09

Dave mails in his checklist to embassy - 10/12/09

Here is what I would suggest.

Once you get your NOA2/Approval notice - your case will be forwarded to NVC. NVC will assign it a case number - you can call NVC to obtain this new number (may take a few tries since they may not receive the file right away from USCIS).

Once you have this case number I would suggest you (or your fiancé) contact the Embassy (check Embassy Section for best method to contact them). Using the new NVC case number and other identification (name, DOB, etc), let the Embassy/Consulate know about the change. They should respond and confirm they've updated their records so the Packet(s) go to the correct address.

I am the US citizen (sponsor) and my fiance has recently moved. my question is this-

Do we need to change his address with the USCIS? I posted this question previously and got a reply saying that I could wait to change it with the NVC since USCIS wouldnt be sending him anything anyway. Will the NVC send me something before the packet is sent to the Embassy in London? Will I get a chance to change it before it goes over there? He did not chose to have his mail forwarded from his old address to his new address. I am worried that the packet will go to the embassy in London and all information be sent to his old address.

I did look on the USCIS website at the change of address form and it states at the top of the form:

"Most non-United States (U.S.) citizens who are in the U.S. are required by law to notify DHS of any change of address within 10 days of moving to a new address."

Clearly states non-United States citizen who are IN the U.S. are required....." . He isnt IN the U.S. yet.

HELP!! my head is spinning!

Thanks in advance

I had the same situation. I called USCIS and they said to send a letter to CSC. There is no official form for the beneficiary. I attached a copy of my NOA1.

I believe Otto and Karin have a good approach, and I'll probably follow their suggestion, just to make sure the address change is successful.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.