Naijabound

Those waiting on a interview date for Lagos

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Prior to 7-1-09 once you were notified that NVC forwarded your case to the Lagos Consulate your SO could go to the Consulate and pick up his/her packets and interview date. Effective 7-1-09 the Lagos Consulate is no longer accepting walk in visa inquiries.

We are now trying to find out how long this will take to get an interview date since the change. I think there are just a few right now waiting but hopefully this thread can provide info to those in the future who need this information for this Consulate. So, if you are waiting on an interview date for Lagos please post. Feel free to post info to help others, your frustrations on yet another wait, or just something to make us laugh. Lord knows we need it....

I will start this off: Per DHL my case was received at the Consulate on 6-29-09.. I have sent the Consulate several emails requesting info on my SO's interview date and have not got a response yet. And yes, this is driving me insane! :wacko:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Make sure you email during hours that they would be open. Some place "protect" their systems by shutting parts off and emails end up going to never never land. See if that helps.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline
Make sure you email during hours that they would be open. Some place "protect" their systems by shutting parts off and emails end up going to never never land. See if that helps.

Thanks. I have sent 2 from my email address during their business hours. The 2 my SO sent I think were after they closed so I will have him resend his. I read somewhere, dont recall if was Lagos or not, that someone was emailing a embassy and they would only response to her SO that was in that particular country and not her emails from the US....I dont know if that makes a difference or not either.. They have both of our email addresses on the petition...

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks. I have sent 2 from my email address during their business hours. The 2 my SO sent I think were after they closed so I will have him resend his. I read somewhere, dont recall if was Lagos or not, that someone was emailing a embassy and they would only response to her SO that was in that particular country and not her emails from the US....I dont know if that makes a difference or not either.. They have both of our email addresses on the petition...

I'm in the same situation, My and So and I have been emailing the Embassy as well for our Packet 3. We actually got an response back where they attached the packet 3 but they did not give us an interview date. (What good is that?) So we have been emailing trying to get an interview date as well as my So has visited the Embassy 3 times and all they keep saying is to email again. This is crazy! I wonder if there is someone we can call in with power that can assist us in this matter. Any suggestions? What about the NVC or DOS, anyone we can appeal to there? I'm willing to try anything at this point. JESUS!

Timeline

I'm in the same situation, My and So and I have been emailing the Embassy as well for our Packet 3. We actually got an response back where they attached the packet 3 but they did not give us an interview date. (What good is that?) So we have been emailing trying to get an interview date as well as my So has visited the Embassy 3 times and all they keep saying is to email again. This is crazy! I wonder if there is someone we can call in with power that can assist us in this matter. Any suggestions? What about the NVC or DOS, anyone we can appeal to there? I'm willing to try anything at this point. JESUS!

You know what I'm thinking guys? Is that the embassy is going to mail or SO their interview letter. I don't think for one minute that they plan to send us that thru an email. And if we have to wait for them to mail that letter, there's no telling how long we may have to wait. Firstof all, we have to wait for them to rec the actual physical package from NVC that they claim they haven't yet rec! And then we have to waiti for them to mail the package to our SO. I just don't know what to say...this is ridicolous!

Timeline

After reading thru the auto email response from the embassy, I saw this question and answer below.....guess we have to wait for the interview letter to be mailed to our SO.

Q5: When will I get an appointment?

A: If NVC sent you a letter stating that your file is complete and has been sent to Lagos for scheduling, please wait for your appointment letter to be sent to you. This can take several months, depending on the type of immigrant visa filed. You can expect to receive this appointment letter several weeks before your appointment. If the original documents were sent to NVC, please remember to bring photocopies of all documents, including birth, marriage, divorce certificates, etc. to your appointment.

You know what I'm thinking guys? Is that the embassy is going to mail or SO their interview letter. I don't think for one minute that they plan to send us that thru an email. And if we have to wait for them to mail that letter, there's no telling how long we may have to wait. Firstof all, we have to wait for them to rec the actual physical package from NVC that they claim they haven't yet rec! And then we have to waiti for them to mail the package to our SO. I just don't know what to say...this is ridicolous!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I just called DOS and they said that the embassy noted they mailed out packet 3 today!!! I pray his interview date is in the packet...

K1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Timeline
I just called DOS and they said that the embassy noted they mailed out packet 3 today!!! I pray his interview date is in the packet...

I'm Praying too!!!!!! But it would really suprise me if the interview letter is not included, I think it will be.

Edited by Boundless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think they can assign you an interview date until packet 3 is returned which in itself tells them you are ready to be interviewed and have all the documents. So have your SO send back the packet 3 asap to get that date. All the best.

Timeline

I don't think they can assign you an interview date until packet 3 is returned which in itself tells them you are ready to be interviewed and have all the documents. So have your SO send back the packet 3 asap to get that date. All the best.

Unless, tis embassy has changed as of yesterday, it doesn't do that, You have to bring your forms with you to your interview. So it's a little different at this embassy.

Timeline

Unless, tis embassy has changed as of yesterday, it doesn't do that, You have to bring your forms with you to your interview. So it's a little different at this embassy.

Ok, I'm beginning to think they are taking us around in circles. I called the DOS on yesterday an the lady said there was no update in the system. Called today and was told that per the embassy our packet was mailed out on July 21st, if that's the case then that would have been a week ago! Surely if that is true my SO should have receieved that packet in the mail by now. I'm beginning to think that either the embassy is telling lies to the DOS or either the DOS doesn't know what they are talking about. Oh and not to mention that first the embassy said they would email our packet and interview letter to us and now it seems they are saying they will mail it. Geeeeeez!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh my bad, I thought it was the same everywhere. Well am sure Lagos embassy know the postal system is ####### and they should email the packet 3 instead of mailing it. Most of the time, it's the DOS or NVC who lie just to get u off the phone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.