domegirl1978

Questions about I-134

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys! So i just renewed my passport and it'll be arriving on July 24th so I'll be able to schedule my medical as soon as I get in and then send in the paperwork back to the Consulate for the interview date. YAY!

My fiance and his father want to fill out the I-134 paperwork this weekend and I just have some questions about it.

Under question #7 where they ask you about your annual income and stocks and savings and all that: Do they have to get into all of that information? Or can they just write their annual salary and what is in their savings accounts and attach their W2's for the last 3 years?

My future father-in law is a doctor and makes a very high salary which is why we asked him to be our co-sponsor but I was hoping he would not have to explain all of his assets on the form and just be able to write his salary amount and savings on there with the w2's as evidence.

I already have the letter from my fiance's employer with me here in Canada that I got while on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Would I also need one from my father-in-laws hospital or will his W2's suffice?

For question #8, am i considered his dependent even though I am not living there yet?

And for question # 11, he doesn't intend to make SPECIFIC contributions to support me. I'll just be living in our house and being a housewife until my work papers go through so would he be correct in writing "do not intend to make specific contributions"?

Thanks so much guys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe that as long as the income is high enough there is no need to mention assets. You can use your assets if your income is just short of the poverty line and you need help surpassing the minimum. So, in your case I don't think you need to worry about that. If i'm wrong hopefully someone will come in and correct me.

I think your fiances father should provide some more information. He is just planning on including W2's? I think including a tax transcript from 2008 is something you'll want to do. A letter from his employer would probably be smart as well. Just remember that you don't really know what the officer is going to ask you for, each person seems to want something different, and if you aren't prepared with the proper documentation you will delay your case by a couple weeks.

You are considered his dependent on the form yes.

If you are living in his house for free until you get your EAD, why not put "room and board"? That is a a specific contribution! Just a thought.

Good luck! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Huggles!

I'll tell my father in law to put in last years tax returns and the w2's for the last 3 years so that they can see his income has not changed. He makes plenty of money so I'm not worried about that being up for debate with the consulate.

As for a letter from his employer, I'll ask him about that too. He's the director/head of radiology for the hospital he works for so I don't know who would write that letter for him so I'll verify that.

Thank you for the answers to the other questions too.

I'm definitely including the last 3 years of taxes and W2's for my fiance. He was not making enough money to support me when we started dating but he was before that and is now so I just want to be able to show them all that info. That's also the reason we decided to use his dad as a co-sponsor...just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.