ilikeallofu

Parent's GC not on file

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'm a USC, petitioned for my parents and got approved. My parents entered US on May 22, 2009 and from my understanding we didn't need to do anything for them to receive their greencard. I called USCIS today and gave them the A# that was stamped on the passport, and was told that they don't have their greencard application on file. I made the infopass appointment, but was wondering what do they mean by no application on file? How long is my parent IV visa valid for? Do I've to take precaution for them overstaying their visa if they don't get a greencard soon or there's no visa time limit on IV visa?

Just a little background, I think the problem was at the POE, when the initial IO stamped them with a visitor visa for 6 months. I got a call a week after my parents arrival from the POE asking to come again as they've to correct the visa. We went there and got IV visa stamped on my parents passport, but I don't know if they submit all the information to USCIS for greencard processing, which they told me they'll take care of it.

Just any thoughts or experience sharing will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

USC petitioning for parents:

NVC:

1-7-09 NVC Received file, NVC Case# created

1-14-09 NVC Sent DS-3032/AOS Fee bill

1-15-09 Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

1-20-09 Received in mail DS-3032 / I-864 Bill from NVC

1-20-09 Paid I-864 Bill (Online)

1-21-09 Shows AOS Fee Bill Paid online

1-23-09 Return Completed I-864

1-23-09 NVC AVR message says IV Bill generated

1-23-09 Paid IV Bill online

2-9-09 DS-230 package sent to NVC

2-11-09 DS-230 received at NVC

2-17-09 Case Completed at NVC

2-25-09 NVC Left

4-29-09 Interview Date (Called AVR on 2/26/2009 and it said all documents sent to the consulate in KTM, Nepal. Also, talked to the operator on the same day and she said the interview has been set for 4/29/2009 and should be receiving the interview letter soon).

Consulate:

x-xx-09 Consulate Received

4-29-09 Interview Date (Interview rescheduled for earlier date of 4-20-2009)

4-20-09 Interview Successful (asked to come back for the visa on 4-23-2009)

4-23-09 Visa Received

5-22-09 US Entry : Entry at IAD.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm a USC, petitioned for my parents and got approved. My parents entered US on May 22, 2009 and from my understanding we didn't need to do anything for them to receive their greencard. I called USCIS today and gave them the A# that was stamped on the passport, and was told that they don't have their greencard application on file. I made the infopass appointment, but was wondering what do they mean by no application on file? How long is my parent IV visa valid for? Do I've to take precaution for them overstaying their visa if they don't get a greencard soon or there's no visa time limit on IV visa?

Just a little background, I think the problem was at the POE, when the initial IO stamped them with a visitor visa for 6 months. I got a call a week after my parents arrival from the POE asking to come again as they've to correct the visa. We went there and got IV visa stamped on my parents passport, but I don't know if they submit all the information to USCIS for greencard processing, which they told me they'll take care of it.

Just any thoughts or experience sharing will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did they hand in the brown envelope at their POE? it sounds like this has not been sent to USCIS. I would check with the POE to find out if they forwarded it to USCIS and when.

Timeline
Did they hand in the brown envelope at their POE? it sounds like this has not been sent to USCIS. I would check with the POE to find out if they forwarded it to USCIS and when.

Yes, my parents did hand over the brown envelope at their POE. I was specifically told by POE staff when we went there the 2nd time that they'll be forwarding all to USCIS. I think the POE messed it up here. How would I get hold of someone at POE? Any ideas?

NVC:

2-25-09 NVC Left

4-29-09 Interview Date (Called AVR on 2/26/2009 and it said all documents sent to the consulate in KTM, Nepal. Also, talked to the operator on the same day and she said the interview has been set for 4/29/2009 and should be receiving the interview letter soon).

Consulate:

4-23-09 Visa Received

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, my parents did hand over the brown envelope at their POE. I was specifically told by POE staff when we went there the 2nd time that they'll be forwarding all to USCIS. I think the POE messed it up here. How would I get hold of someone at POE? Any ideas?

Call the airport that they entered through and ask for the phone number for the Customs and Border Patrol, they are the people who work in the immigration and customs hall. Or you can Google the CBP at the airport there should be a number listed for them.

They should be able to help you.

Timeline

Went for Infopass appointment, it was worthless... they said we've to wait another 90 days before they can do anything... I called Customs and Border Patrol and they said there's nothing they can do... they don't keep the "brown/yellow" envelope there... they mail all out to USCIS... so, I guess we just wait... this sucks :))

NVC:

2-25-09 NVC Left

Consulate:

4-23-09 Visa Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.