NickMel LoPreaito

NVC, papers was not reviewed by the lawyer properly

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My petition for spousal visa in the US was being processed by a lawyer.Unfortunately, we were not being adviced properly and our papers were not being reviewed properly by our lawyer before submitting it to the NVC. The lawyer told us to submit police clearances from all the places that I stayed starting when I was 16year old. I never traveled to other countries. I gave her police clearances as well as NBI clearance even though they did not requested NBI clearance.There was a descripancy from the dates of my police clearances from my form D560 because i studied in Silliman university but i go home in mindanao during my school breaks so the dates overlap in my two police clearnaces.. Some of my friends told me who did the same process for the spousal visa did not submit any police clearance, only NBI clearance but since our lawyer insisted to submit police clearnces i submitted police and NBI clearances. now, there is a descripancy from the dates plus i still lack one police clearance from one place.I sent it to them now and hope they can receive it tomorrow. It bothers me because they did not review my papers properly and adviced me before they submitted my papers. If they can submit the other police clearance plus explain the situation of the overlaping dates in the police clearances, how long will it take for me before my date of interview? Its already 9months now since from the start of the process..Will that police clearance lengthen the process or its because of our lawyer made the process complicated? Thanks a lot for ur advice..im sure a lot in this site did the same process as mine.. Godbless to everyone

http//www:friendster.com-Friendster-Levi-Nick and Melody-Microsoft Internet Explorer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You could totally do this without a lawyer, many of us have.

In any case, I'm not sure how long it will take (take a look at the Timelines, they can often give you a really good estimate), but you could send in a note with your package explaining the dates; they will be read by a human, after all.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

You could totally do this without a lawyer, many of us have.

In any case, I'm not sure how long it will take (take a look at the Timelines, they can often give you a really good estimate), but you could send in a note with your package explaining the dates; they will be read by a human, after all.

Thanks very much for the information you provided. This is what my atty. replied: As I have already told you, the National Visa Center has specifically requested that you submit an individual police certificate from each place you have lived for more than 6 months since reaching the age of 16. More specifically, in your instructions package, we were told that "Applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities in the district in which you resided. The police certificate must cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area, and state what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there was a record." At no point has the National Visa Center requested only the NBI certificate.

What i gather information reguarding police clearance in the philippines is this

Police records

Available and reasonably reliable. Philippine-born immigrant visa applicants 16 years and over are required to furnish certificates issued by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). The green NBI certificate annotated for travel abroad is the correct certificate. Other colors are for local use only. Foreign-born applicants who have resided in the Philippines for six months or more may be issued NBI clearances upon application either in person or by mail. Applicants should send requests for certificates together with certified checks or money orders for the fees and postage to the Philippine National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Metro Manila, Philippines. The NBI has its own fingerprint charts and personal data forms that it will send to the requesting applicant for execution. Most applicants abroad find it more expeditious to have a relative or friend in the Philippines assist them in obtaining their certificates from the NBI. The

applicant may also submit a copy of a prior NBI clearance to facilitate the processing of a new clearance. Posts are advised that not all arrests and convictions occurring outside of Manila are reported to the NBI. The Philippine criminal records database is not foolproof, and can be open to manipulation. Manila and major Philippine cities have computerized records. Fee: 150.00 pesos. Philippine Embassies abroad can assist Filipinos in obtaining NBI police clearances.

I am confused. I already sent my NBI plus police clearances. Yes, I agree that it can be done without a lawyer as i learned from this site that a lot did their papers by themselves and they did it.. I hope my case will be ok..i miss my hubby a lot and cant wait to be with him

http//www:friendster.com-Friendster-Levi-Nick and Melody-Microsoft Internet Explorer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.