Hunnybaby

K2, follow to join, Help!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here who can help/give me exact details on how to process follow to join k2 visa for my 6 yrs old daughter?

I was told that it is valid for 1yr from the issuance of my k1 visa which was Dec. 1, 2008.

Please please... I would really appreciate if you can give me all the details including step by step process you did.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone here who can help/give me exact details on how to process follow to join k2 visa for my 6 yrs old daughter?

I was told that it is valid for 1yr from the issuance of my k1 visa which was Dec. 1, 2008.

Please please... I would really appreciate if you can give me all the details including step by step process you did.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,I asked one of my friend who had her daughter (K2) follow to join.She said,all you need to do is to call USEM and schedule an interview for your daughter.Does your daughter have her medical already?If yes,only thing you need to do is to set an interview appointment and have someone to fill up the forms she needs for interview.

Btw,my friend's daughter don't have the father's name on her BC and she don't know her father too and they didn't encounter a problem about it because she has the full custody,and I believe you have the full custody of your daughter too.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Timeline

Hi! Thanks for the info... I did try to call the USem...Had to buy that $18 call valid for 3 calls... and i was told that based on their system she already had an interview... I told the operator that she was never with me when I had my k1 interview. So the operator said that she will send a letter to immigration department telling that I said she never had interview yet and wait for 2 weeks for reply...if there's none, i will have to call them again... I did email and fax a letter to USem too... Will wait for their response on this.

Thanks for taking an effort to inquire from your friend! I hope everything will be okay.... :blush:

Thanks in advance!

Hi,I asked one of my friend who had her daughter (K2) follow to join.She said,all you need to do is to call USEM and schedule an interview for your daughter.Does your daughter have her medical already?If yes,only thing you need to do is to set an interview appointment and have someone to fill up the forms she needs for interview.

Btw,my friend's daughter don't have the father's name on her BC and she don't know her father too and they didn't encounter a problem about it because she has the full custody,and I believe you have the full custody of your daughter too.

Hi! Thanks for the info... I did try to call the USem...Had to buy that $18 call valid for 3 calls... and i was told that based on their system she already had an interview... I told the operator that she was never with me when I had my k1 interview. So the operator said that she will send a letter to immigration department telling that I said she never had interview yet and wait for 2 weeks for reply...if there's none, i will have to call them again... I did email and fax a letter to USem too... Will wait for their response on this.

Thanks for taking an effort to inquire from your friend! I hope everything will be okay.... :blush:

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure everything will be fine. did you call the main Embassy phone number 63 2 301-2000 then ext 5184 or 5184, or O and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit ?

not sure if those extensions still being used, but might try the next time you call the Embassy. I believe the reason you were told she already had interview is because the child was listed on the I-129f so would have been eligible for interview at the same time as the K-1. if you hear nothing, then I'd try calling the Immigrant Visa Unit.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a bit confused. Was your daughter on your original application (K1 and K2) and you've already had your interview? If she was and you've already had your interview, did she already receive her Visa?

At your interview, did the CO ask you about your daughter? Like if she will be accompanying you or if she will come over at a later time?

If she has her Visa already, then I believe you are correct - it will be valid for up to one year from the date stamped on it. There's nothing more that you need to do for her once you've gotten her Visa....just make sure it is kept safe along with her passport until she comes over.

Timeline

I had my interview last Nov. 24 alone. She was asked during the interview and I just said we will finalize everything at a later time. I even checked that she will do follow to join on the DS forms. So I was the only one who was issued a visa. I was just surprised when I called that 1-888 etc. that in their system it says she already had interview. I asked if there's other notation...the operator said there's none..not even denied or issued visa...unlike on my name, operator said it visa was issued. Operator said she will send a letter to immigration unit that I called and complain about it.

I was told also to fax and email immigration unit about it. What I did, I faxed/mailed the letter of request and necessary documents for her follow to join visa. Said to wait for 2 weeks for their reply and if not, call that 1-888 again to follow up.

I hope everything will be okay.

:innocent:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I had my interview last Nov. 24 alone. She was asked during the interview and I just said we will finalize everything at a later time. I even checked that she will do follow to join on the DS forms. So I was the only one who was issued a visa. I was just surprised when I called that 1-888 etc. that in their system it says she already had interview. I asked if there's other notation...the operator said there's none..not even denied or issued visa...unlike on my name, operator said it visa was issued. Operator said she will send a letter to immigration unit that I called and complain about it.

I was told also to fax and email immigration unit about it. What I did, I faxed/mailed the letter of request and necessary documents for her follow to join visa. Said to wait for 2 weeks for their reply and if not, call that 1-888 again to follow up.

I hope everything will be okay.

:innocent:

Interesting. I'm surprised that you sailed through both the interview and the CFO seminar, and no one took issue with you leaving your 6 yr. old back home without any definite plans on when she would be coming over.

My wife came over with her 6 yr. old son, so they were both present at the interview and both issued Visas at the same time. If you sole parental rights to your child, you shouldn't have any problems, even if the father's name is on the BC. It sounds to me that she'll have basically go through the same steps which you did, the medical exam, the embassy interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

[i]hi wish good luck for ur kid, i hope u will find the answer to get her.

is it okey if i ask you question about changes status, i'm now currently working on my papers but im confused about the last name im going to use , on the papers im about to fill up, im now married to american citizen, anyone out there can help me.

thank you so much[/i]

Timeline

Hi there!

You should use now your married name on the paperwork for AOS.

I did follow the checklist that they have here on VJ.... that will help you... :star:

[i]hi wish good luck for ur kid, i hope u will find the answer to get her.

is it okey if i ask you question about changes status, i'm now currently working on my papers but im confused about the last name im going to use , on the papers im about to fill up, im now married to american citizen, anyone out there can help me.

thank you so much[/i]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.