SSB

No longer want to pursue the K3

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I applied for I-130 CR1 and the I-129f K3, both are approved and i have already gotten paper work to fill our for my I-130 CR1 now i just have to pay the visa fee, the K3 was already forwarded to the consulate in Pakistan, I called the NVC number and the lady told to just have my husband let the embassy know we want to pursue the CR1 and not the K3.... should pay my visa fee then my CR1 case will transfered to Pakistan consulate and then call them to let them know or should I do it before I pay the visa fee, I don't think they have my CR1 case in Pakistan yet any one done this before pursuing the CR1 instead of the K3???

"All we really need to survive is the one person who truly loves us."

I have done this. The operator at the DOS told me not to say anything to the embassy at all. The two cases are linked and once the CR1 is done with processing at NVC it will head to the embassy and the K3 will be automatically dropped. If you'd like, once you receive the packet 3 from the embassy (for the K3) you can send a letter telling them you will be pursuing the CR1 rather than sending back the forms they request for the K3. It's not necessary though. If you'd like you can just ignore it and follow the CR1 path.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I have done this. The operator at the DOS told me not to say anything to the embassy at all. The two cases are linked and once the CR1 is done with processing at NVC it will head to the embassy and the K3 will be automatically dropped. If you'd like, once you receive the packet 3 from the embassy (for the K3) you can send a letter telling them you will be pursuing the CR1 rather than sending back the forms they request for the K3. It's not necessary though. If you'd like you can just ignore it and follow the CR1 path.

Thanks so much :)

"All we really need to survive is the one person who truly loves us."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.