cg_2004

nationality

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I had planned on getting married this coming September.

My fiance is a Filipino but his citizenship was changed into Australian when his mother petitioned him.

I'm confused on what requirements will he follow in getting a marriage license.

Will he follow the same requirements of a Filipino or will he follow the requirements for a foreigner fiance??

Please help me..

Hi everyone!

My fiance is a Filipino but his citizenship was changed into Australian when his mother petitioned him.

Will he follow the same requirements of a Filipino or will he follow the requirements for a foreigner fiance??

Please help me..

follow the law where your marriage will be celebrated.

Easiest is to go the the municipal office and explain your purpose. There you will have to submit the following documentation.

For the Philippine national:

A birth certificate.

A statement of non-occurrence in the National Marriage Register

A notarized statement of two disinterested persons that the Philippine national is not married. Those two people cannot be parents or siblings.

A notarized statement of the parents that they do not object to the marriage if he or she is below 25 years, unless the parents appear in person and give the permission on the spot.

A proof that you've paid your community tax.

For the Foreign national:

A birth certificate, duly legalized first by the foreign country's department of foreign affairs and then by the Philippine embassy in that country.

An official certificate which states that he or she is not married, duly legalized the same way as the birth certificate.

The statement by the foreign embassy that they do not object to the marriage.

Officially, foreign documents will need to be legalized (attested) by the Philippine embassy in the country they come from. The Philippine embassy will only legalize documents that have already been legalized by the Department of Foreign Affairs in the same country. Sometimes, municipal officers do not know about this rule, but it is better not to take that chance.

If all is in order, they will enlist your application for the marriage permit in their books, and paste a public announcement somewhere in the municipal hall where everybody can read it. Then they will tell you to come back after ten days.

Before you can collect the marriage permit, however, depending on your ages, you may be required to follow two government seminars, one on the meaning of marriage, and one on family planning. Those are organized on regular intervals with groups of couples who wish to marry, and often held in the local language. It is sometimes possible, however, to have these seminars in English, and organized specially for you. You will get two certificates that you have completed the seminars successfully.

With the two certificates from the seminars, you can get the marriage permit, and organize the wedding ceremony.

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone!

Please help me..

If he has not gone thru the process to reaquire Philippines citizenship (dual citizenship) ... then he will follow the same procedure that any Australian citizen will follow ...

-- George

JollyRogerSIG.gif

"Yes I am a Pirate - 200 years too late - The cannons dont thunder

There's nothing to plunder - I'm an over 40 victim of fate"

Visit my website! OR Visit me at Friendster!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.