Inky

DS-230 and stuck with confusion on questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im trying to fill out my questions on my DS-230 form right now - montreal sent it to me, any help answering the questions on this would be great, im confused a bit on what they are asking.

Q 14 name of spouse - date and place of birth of spouse- address of spouse etc

Im not married yet nor have i ever been do i put N/A on this section or do i have to fill it out with his information?

Q 21A and 21B persons named in 14 who will accompany you to united states now/ follwo you to united states at a later date.

no one is going with me, he lives there already im guessing its an N/A ? so then 14 would also be an N/A?

Q25 list dates of all previous visits to or residence in the united states give type of visa status if known. give DHS "A" nimber if any.

i have MANY dates i have visited do i make an attached sheet with all the dates? and put N/A for the visa as you dont need one to go from canada to america?

also its asking for my fathers address and i have no clue what it is and have no contact with him whatsoever should i write unknown in the box?

sorry if this has been posted before! i did a forum search and nothing came up.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

forgot it asks me to have " proof of engagement " to bring with me, what would that include? im confused. all i have is the ring? should i get my fiance to do up another letter of intent and email it to me?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

since i cant edit... looking at the example forms the DS-230 that i was sent is expired 2007... and is missing part 2 completely... should i just print the new one from online and disregard the one they sent me and send them the new one? or just use this old one i was sent and risk getting request for other papers? the DS-156K is also expired 2007 should i print the new one of thos as well?

Timeline

For 14, you aren't married so put "NONE"

For 21, if nobody is accompanying you just put "NONE" again

for 25, A lot of people simply put "multiple" or something of that nature. You don't need to make a list, but I did and a number of others did as well, and I can honestly say it made my interview easier because of it. Its your choice. I put "see attached" and attached a sheet with all the trips I've made to visit my fiance (yes it was really long) and just put a note at the end saying there may be dates I have forgotten and that I've crossed since childhood. For the type of visa, I just put N/A

forgot it asks me to have " proof of engagement " to bring with me, what would that include? im confused. all i have is the ring? should i get my fiance to do up another letter of intent and email it to me?

That's simply prof of an ongoing relationship. Things like phone bills, letters, anything you think demonstrates you still have a relationship with your fiance. You also need to get your fiance to write and sign a new letter of intent, that is correct.

since i cant edit... looking at the example forms the DS-230 that i was sent is expired 2007... and is missing part 2 completely... should i just print the new one from online and disregard the one they sent me and send them the new one? or just use this old one i was sent and risk getting request for other papers? the DS-156K is also expired 2007 should i print the new one of thos as well?

You only need DS 230 Pt. 1, ignore the second part. At least, thats all you needed when I went for my interview. Re-read your packet 3 and make sure it says just to send back part 1.

It doesn't matter that the forms are expired, they will accept them anyways. I downloaded the new versions simply because I wanted to type them in and not hand write.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I would list all the major trips you can remember and then just put "I visited the US on numerous occasion between this year and that year".. or something like that...

that is what I did.. there was no way I could remember all the trips i made to the US

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

thanks so much guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.