lawrencetoland

Got a letter from our senator - Good news and bad news

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Good news is they have not issued an RFE for our case and we missed it. My husband's case is undergoing background checks, so we are in a holding pattern. Bad news is that means no 10 year green card yet.

So no real bad news in actuality. At least we are together and his mom can come over here to visit since I am refusing to let him leave. He went through the same background checks when he went for his Fiance visa back in the day. So we will just wait it out and possibly file for citizenship.

Good news is they have not issued an RFE for our case and we missed it. My husband's case is undergoing background checks, so we are in a holding pattern. Bad news is that means no 10 year green card yet.

So no real bad news in actuality. At least we are together and his mom can come over here to visit since I am refusing to let him leave. He went through the same background checks when he went for his Fiance visa back in the day. So we will just wait it out and possibly file for citizenship.

Sorry to hear that your still waiting...I actually thought from reading on the web that they dont actually complete background checks for the 1-751, well certainly not the ones as they do in the AOS or N-400. I guess if they do any kind of check its just the standard FBI check via Livescan which takes just 24 hrs to process, as approval times are on average 6 months for VSC. If they completed the same checks as they do for AOS etc it would be far longer becasue the Namecheck would hold everything up... im not 100% but i kind of think the letter you got from your congresss person was just "fobbing you off" with some sort of standard reply..thats just my thought though... Hope you hear something VERY soon, goodluck!! :thumbs:

Timeline

That's what I thought too. I am basically really pissed off at ur senator's office because they were a bunch of jerks back in 2005 when we went through our K-1 visa problems too.

Timeline

well...FYI...I called USICS again and spoke to an Officer in the second level of service and he was able to tell me that it had been transferred to an officer and it was still in California. So...cross your fingers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.