Dean Cain

One way ticket!

25 posts in this topic

First immigration can always ask to see a return ticket as evidence that your eligible for the 21 day visa issued at the airport. I have only had it happen once to me on my 30+ trips to Phil.

You can get a ticket that you can change. Depending upon the airline and ticket you might have a change fee. I usually fly with one that has a $100 change fee. It is a small price to pay when I have to change. Frankly they have even waived that a few times for me.

The point that i'm trying to make here is ,, why aren't they allowing a US CITIZEN to fly to the Philippines on a one way ticket using an airline different from Philippine Airlines? I can't find anything on any website that explain such matter.

Probably they are just forcing you to get a round trip ticket or just plain ignorance on their part. You can't really get direct answers here but answers pointing to the right direction. I suggest like what the others said is to get another airline altogether or get use another agency ot buy online whichever is more feasible for you. Anyway, wishing you a happy trip to the Philippines. :)

You might be right on that.. Thanks for the info

My US Citizen husband visisted me in PI for 3 times and He always have a one way ticket. They tell you that u have to have a ticket out of the Philippines when you arrive in manila but you dont. As long as your passport is current you should have no problem.

Yeah i knew you can,,, I just don't know why the travel agency won't allow me...Where did your husband purchased his ticket? If you don't mind me asking.. Thanks for the help....

My US Citizen husband visisted me in PI for 3 times and He always have a one way ticket. They tell you that u have to have a ticket out of the Philippines when you arrive in manila but you dont. As long as your passport is current you should have no problem.

Yeah i knew you can,,, I just don't know why the travel agency won't allow me...Where did your husband purchased his ticket? If you don't mind me asking.. Thanks for the help....

While you can get past Philippine immigration with a one way ticket once, twice, or many times, the one time you are caught without a ticket out will cost you a lot in the future in terms of money and a possible "red flag" with the Philippine immigration. You can be also put in temporary detention. You don't want to risk that. The rule is tourists must hold an onward ticket out of the Philippines.

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/consular_visa.htm

Do I need a visa to enter the Philippines for tourism purposes?

American citizens may enter the Philippines and stay up to 21 days for tourism purposes without obtaining a visa, provided they have a confirmed round-trip airline ticket or an onward ticket out of the Philippines.

While you can get past Philippine immigration with a one way ticket once, twice, or many times, the one time you are caught without a ticket out will cost you a lot in the future in terms of money and a possible "red flag" with the Philippine immigration. You can be also put in temporary detention. You don't want to risk that. The rule is tourists must hold an onward ticket out of the Philippines.

American citizens may enter the Philippines and stay up to 21 days for tourism purposes without obtaining a visa, provided they have a confirmed round-trip airline ticket or an onward ticket out of the Philippines.

Thanks for that great info... But why is PHILIPPINE AIRLINES telling and allowing me its okay but ONLY if i purchased the ticket from them but not from any other airlines? The only answer i got was because i was born in the Philippines and once hold a Philippine passport...Any idea?

Thanks for that great info... But why is PHILIPPINE AIRLINES telling and allowing me its okay but ONLY if i purchased the ticket from them but not from any other airlines? The only answer i got was because i was born in the Philippines and once hold a Philippine passport...Any idea?

My theory there is that they're forcing you to do that so that they can guarantee revenue. As long as the US citizen has an outbound ticket regradless of country or airline it is good enough. Sorry for typos in my previous post. :)

My theory there is that they're forcing you to do that so that they can guarantee revenue. As long as the US citizen has an outbound ticket regradless of country or airline it is good enough. Sorry for typos in my previous post. :)

That's a good point...It's all about money i guess :)

He always purchase the ticket online...

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

About the Philippine Immigration my husband will just extend his visa at the Immigration office and got no problem at all.

The second time he visited me he stayed for 6 months with one way ticket. He was told by the American airlines that he will have a

problem at the Manila Immig but when he gets here got no problem at the Immigration.

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

About the Philippine Immigration my husband will just extend his visa at the Immigration office and got no problem at all.

The second time he visited me he stayed for 6 months with one way ticket. He was told by the American airlines that he will have a

problem at the Manila Immig but when he gets here got no problem at the Immigration.

That's good to know,, Thanks for the info... I am only planning to stay for 10 days max.. will just picking up my wife and kids,,, i only purchase a one way ticket because we're not sure what airline to take yet..

It is always cheaper to buy a round trip ticket using one airline. Your agent was just probably trying to save you money. I checked Philippine Airlines' airfare online and these are the best fares (fares vary depending on date of travel)

$1160 - round trip LAX-MNL-LAX

$1013 - one-way LAX-MNL

You may want to check www.philippineairlines.com

I know it is cheaper to get a roundtrip. The reason why i am getting a one way ticket is because we're not really sure when the interview date will be. I found a one way ticket from SFO-MNL for $400 via EVA AIR. I just dont understand why i can't travel to the Philippines using a different airline except for PAL on a one way ticket...

Look at Hawaiian Airlines

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.