NickD

Have to run my dog, he is going nuts.

1 post in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yeah, was doing okay on my zillion speed two wheeler, a couple of months ago, a dog ran out out of nowhere, my dog saw him and instantly jerked to the right where his lease caught my front tire rotating the wheel 90*. I went for an airplane ride without an airplane landing on my left knee hard, ouch, and double ouch.

I called the cops to ask if I could run him from my car, said no, not even in our large park with a 10 mph speed limit that has a road over two miles long, said I need both hands on the wheel and the dog running along side may be over 8 feet wide, that point was debatable, but will be ticketed if caught. Suggested I find some non-public place to run him that way, that is a joke.

ATV may be an option, lots of trails, but ten grand for these things? And a trailer to get to them, not legal for road use. Besides, my dog is not the only thing that needs exercise.

So thinking about a four wheel bike, not original, seen those for rent at Veterans Park in Milwaukee, did find those on the web, not around here in town, but hey, want to buy a bike, not a BMW pricewise, these things are super expensive.

Another thing I saw at the park was what they call an adult pedal car, kind of like a go-cart with the engine pitched and foot pedals instead, that would be cool, but a long but not long enough net search didn't show me anything.

Yet another option is to make one, found plans, but not to my liking, hey, this could be a year long project and summer is short around here.

Anyone with experiences on this subject, this is definitely off topic. Running along side is also an option, but hate to admit, I can't do 30 mph on foot. Must be getting old. Have friends that use a golf cart on private land, but driving 280 miles to run my dog is too much. Oh, that friend has a pot, think he also needs the exercise, more than his dogs do.