-Ker-

medical inadmissibility?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey all:)

I've spent the past few months reading up on all kinds of K1 things and we've finally stopped procrastinating and got everything together to send the package in.

He's been sick for the past month or so, and we just got the results back this morning. He was just diagnosed with Leukemia :wacko::crying: I'm going to be flying over there to go through all the treatments with him for as long as I can...which will be hard considering I have 2 small children. I'm hoping to get him over here for treatment ASAP but that raises issues about medical insurance:/ Anyways I guess I'm rambling:S

My question is.. he seems to think that even if he is in remission that this will be enough to keep the US from allowing him residency. I tried to research this and didnt see anything regarding cancer. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea if they would really deny his medical for cancer. From what I read, it just seemed to be communicable diseases. Any info anyone has would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kerri

472456.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Kerri,

As far as I know (we just went through the medical process... again) you're right, it's just communicable diseases, I don't think they even test for other things, so the leukemia might not even show up for them. In any case, even if it did it's probably fine. They're more worried about what you can bring in to give to other people than an isolated condition.

However, medical insurance is another thing altogether. If he has to have a medical before his insurance and he's denied coverage you would have some massive medical bills ahead for you. Just something to think about.

I'm so sorry your SO is sick, but I'm sure he'll make it through just fine with you by his side. :)

Good Luck!

K-1

9-5-08 Sent I-129F via FedEx

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

7-27-09 TRANSFERRED TO CSC

8-29-09 EAD card production ordered/AP Notice Approved

11-9-09 Green Card production ordered

11-19-09 Green Card arrived!

Nov. 2010 Vacation Ireland!

11-9-11 Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.