Mike's Lucy

Filling up AOS forms but I got some questions

9 posts in this topic

Hello VJers,

I know this has been asked here before but i can't find the post when i tried searching. So I wanna ask you again guys. Here are my questions:

1. The A#-------- found in our visa is the alien number?

2. I-94 # is the departure number?

3. Am i going to use my husband's family name or my family name when I was still single to fill up the forms?

4. For I-131 form (Advance Parole Travel Document), do i really need to put specific date for the Date of Intended Departure?

Thank you all.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello VJers,

I know this has been asked here before but i can't find the post when i tried searching. So I wanna ask you again guys. Here are my questions:

3. Am i going to use my husband's family name or my family name when I was still single to fill up the forms?

4. For I-131 form (Advance Parole Travel Document), do i really need to put specific date for the Date of Intended Departure?

Thank you all.

1) yes

2) yes

3) name you want to be on your greencard

4) no

YMMV

For AOS, EAD and Advance Parole forms?

Thank you all.

1) yes

2) yes

4) no

Visit My Website

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all.

1) yes

2) yes

4) no

I used my husband's family name and my middle name now is my family name when I was single.

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Thank you all.

1) yes

2) yes

4) no

I used my husband's family name and my middle name now is my family name when I was single.

Ditto.

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Thank you all.

1) yes

2) yes

4) no

Ditto.

:thumbs: Same here.I used my husband's family name to all of the forms and other paperworks like when I applied for SSN,State ID,bank account.And my middle name now is my family or last name when I was single.

I suggest its better to use your husband's family name in all of the paperworks especially in your greencard so it will match your passport once you renew it or amend it with your married name para wala maging problema in the future.

Good luck with your AOS.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

:thumbs: Same here.I used my husband's family name to all of the forms and other paperworks like when I applied for SSN,State ID,bank account.And my middle name now is my family or last name when I was single.

I suggest its better to use your husband's family name in all of the paperworks especially in your greencard so it will match your passport once you renew it or amend it with your married name para wala maging problema in the future.

Good luck with your AOS.

I just have a question how can we change / renew our passport here in USA -for changing our surname after marriage?

Thank you all for the replies. I'll use my husband's family name now.

Daylyn, try to make a new post with your question so more people can read it and answer you at the same time.

Visit My Website

I just have a question how can we change / renew our passport here in USA -for changing our surname after marriage?

You can do it in person at the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your area.Or check the website of Philippine Embassy in Washington,you can do it by mail also.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.