Kevin-

Do the photos need dates on them?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do our photos need to have dates on them?

We took literally thousands of photos together while I was over in the Philippines. But I didn't turn on the date mode of the cameras for any of the pictures. The photo files all contain the exif data which has the dates, but it doesn't appear when the photos are printed. I could easily add date text to the corner of the photos, but that might be considered doctoring the photos and might be illegal or against some protocol or just unnecessary, etc.

Some of the photos do have a date in them, because the banner behind us at our engagement party had the date in huge letters. Of the 14 I already printed, one shows "..H 17, 2009", another shows "...RCH 17, 200...". One could deduce that it says "MARCH 17, 2009". I suppose I should print the ones which show the whole date? Then what about the other photos without dates? Maybe I can just write the date and time on the back of each photo?

By the way, searching this forum is quite frustrating. I'm sure somebody has asked a similar question before, but I tried a lot of search terms and phrases without any useful results.

This is for the I-129F filing. Other evidence copies will be hotel receipts, my ticketless boarding pass info from the flight to/from Manila, other actual PAL boarding passes from when we flew together between Cagayan de Oro and Manila, my passport visa stamps, paperwork of my visa extension in Cagayan, and even receipts from my stay in the local hospital in her city.

Thanks in advance!

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

While the date might look official on the front, everyone knows, including the CO that that date doesnt mean legitimacy. (any fool can change the date on a digi cam.) What does give you legitimacy is your plane tickets receipts/stubs, and passport stamp. THen the CO knows you were in the country in the time frame you are claiming. I like to write in the time/place on fotos in nice silver permanent ink in an unobtrusive corner. Good Luck, and dont stress it! :dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

We took literally thousands of photos together while I was over in the Philippines. But I didn't turn on the date mode of the cameras for any of the pictures. The photo files all contain the exif data which has the dates, but it doesn't appear when the photos are printed. I could easily add date text to the corner of the photos, but that might be considered doctoring the photos and might be illegal or against some protocol or just unnecessary, etc.

Some of the photos do have a date in them, because the banner behind us at our engagement party had the date in huge letters. Of the 14 I already printed, one shows "..H 17, 2009", another shows "...RCH 17, 200...". One could deduce that it says "MARCH 17, 2009". I suppose I should print the ones which show the whole date? Then what about the other photos without dates? Maybe I can just write the date and time on the back of each photo?

By the way, searching this forum is quite frustrating. I'm sure somebody has asked a similar question before, but I tried a lot of search terms and phrases without any useful results.

This is for the I-129F filing. Other evidence copies will be hotel receipts, my ticketless boarding pass info from the flight to/from Manila, other actual PAL boarding passes from when we flew together between Cagayan de Oro and Manila, my passport visa stamps, paperwork of my visa extension in Cagayan, and even receipts from my stay in the local hospital in her city.

Thanks in advance!

Hello... I am sending you a very detailed process on how to assemble to petition paper. You and your fiance can look into this. With it also, are specific document details that you will be reminded of getting. I hope this helps. This has been given to me by another VJ member and this helped Brian and I so much. God bless you!

Here it is:

How to make the I-129 F petition folder to send to Immigration: HOW I DID IT by gf97

Ok. This is what I had: the US Citizen will be the one doing all the work at this stage. All the foreigner has to do is sign 4 sheets of paper and submit passport pix to the US Citizen, so that the US citizen can start putting the application together.

First, I bought a manila folder, the kind that opens up, like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_folder.

On the cover of the folder I glued a sheet of paper that said, “ I-129F petition” . And I put our names on it.

Ok, now the inside of the folder:

First I put 2 holes at the top and I two hole punched everything, all the papers.

I fastened everything with the ACCO fasteners— http://www.instaoffice.com/2-piece-paper-f...992-ctn.0.7.htm

Then I had dividers, the kind you put in a Binder with the colored tabs, they are three hole punched on the sides, but I 2 hole punched the top.. these kind of dividers: http://www.jiffysupply.com/servlet/the-298/Dividers/Detail

With these dividers they come with the sheet of paper that allows me to write in what the topic is on the tab.

Ok, so now for assembling—everything I am saying applies to the US Citizen—

A. The first thing you will put in the folder will be the I 129 Cover letter. This letter will look like the following (look below for example - edit it based on your needs. And make sure you put the right USCIS address on it—vermont, Ca, or somewhere else):

US Citizen name,address, number

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Accurate address

Date

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To whom it may concern:

Enclosed please find my form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiance(e) Visa for (put your fiance(e) name here), and supporting documents.

Contents Include:

-Payment in the amount of $XX – whatever the current amount is—look here--it was 455, but it always increases:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

-I-129F Petition

-I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of meeting in person

-G-325A and Passport Style photograph (petitioner)

-G-325A and Passport Style Photograph (Beneficiary)

Letter Certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

Petitioners Birth Certificate

Petitioners Passport –(copies of passport and all the entry /leave stamps that sghow you visited your persons country)

-Letter Certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

-Proof of having met in person in the past two years (state the proof you are including)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an immigration or consular officer at a later date.

Sincerely,

your name, sign it

---------------------

Ok, so lets talk about the contents of the package:

1. The petition –the I-129F petition- you the US Citizen will sign that petition.

2. i-129 F supplement: this is just a brief detail of how you met your honey.thats all—just type it up on a sheet of paper because that box they give you in the petition is too small. Sign it and date it.

3. the G 325 A- the Us Citizen will fill out 4 copies of it and sign each copy. The immigrant also needs to sign four copies of it and sign it. You will see how each copy says something different in the left bottom corner, like consulate, etc. Make sure you, the US Citizen send immigration the copies with the ORIGINAL signatures. So if you need to send the immigrant the forms to sign and then have that person send them back to you in the mail, that is what you will have to do.

Make sure you fill out these forms accurate and accordingly. Look here for

examples of how to fill out the form right.

This website is GOLD!!! Look at it because it gives you EXACT examples of what you will need: Look at how they filled out the I-129F petition and the G-325A.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

4. You and your honeys passport pictures. Write your name in pencil on the back of your passport picture and on the back of the foreigners picture, write their name and “ No alien number” on the back of the foreigners pix cuz they probably dot have an alien number... When your foreigner goes to take his/her passport picture , make sure HE/She tells the photographer that it is for a US PASSPORT/Immigration, so that the photographer will give the foreigner the picture in the RIGHT size. It needs to be the right size.

So when you have the picture, and you have written on the back, stick it in a clear Ziploc bag. Zip up the Ziploc bag. Print a sheet of paper that has your name on it. Put the picture in the bag. And staple the bag to the sheet of paper that has your name on it. Do it for both pictures.

Proof of relationship:

You , the US Citizen, can include: used phone cards, copies of envelopes you have been sent through the mail, some emails, some Skype calls, pictures, your plane itinerary when you went to the foreigners country, the boarding pass, the stamps in your passport are proof, receipts of things you may have purchased while in the foreign land, the stickers they stick on your suitcase that show the destination, copies of the money receipts you have sent to the foreigner- like money gram or western union, post office receipts that show you sent something to the foreign country.

On the back of the photos, make sure you write your names, date, and where you were in the photo.

ASSEMBLING

So you will have the manila folder and all your stuff will be 2-hole punched at the top. Don’t STAPLE ANYTHING – only staple the Ziploc bag with the picture to a white sheet of paper that has your names on it. So you will only use two-3 staples.

Ok, you have your manila folder:And all your papers, including the dividers that are 2 hole punched at the top

1. get your cover letter , the one that says what is in the folder, example above. Type this letter (US citizen) and date it and sign it. turn it over.

2. get the divider and write i-129F on the white tab that comes with it. Turn it over.

3. get your 1-129F petition form. Make sure it is signed and dated by the US citizen, Hole punch it and turn it over. Take your 1-129F supplement, sign and date it and turn it over

4. get the divider and write G325A. turn it over

5. get the US Citizen G-325 As. There should be 4 with the same exact data,all with the original signatures and all signed. All 2 hole punched at the top . Flip them over get the US Citizen photo. Write the name in pencil on the back. Stick it in a Ziploc bag. Staple the bag (make sure you don’t staple the actual picture) to a sheet of paper that has the US citizens name on it. Flip it over get the foreigners G-325 As. There should be 4 with the same exact data,all with

the original signatures and all signed. All 2 hole punched at the top . Flip them over.

Get the foreigners pic. Write the name in pencil on the back and write ,”no alien number”. Stick it in a Ziploc bag. Staple the bag (make sure you don’t staple the actual picture) to a sheet of paper that simply has the foreigners name on it. Flip it over

6. Get the divider and write : Letter of intent on the tab

7. Print out the letter of intent to marry which should have original signatures by both of you. This is simply a three sentence letter stating that you and the other person plan on getting married within 90 days of receiving the K1 visa. The Us citizen can type the letter and email it foreigner. Foreigner prints it, signs it, and sends it through the mail to U S citizen. Then Us citizen gets that letter and signs his/her signature too—this way two signatures will be on the same page. Hole punch this letter and flip it over.

8. Divider – write birth certificate or passport . Flip it over on top of everything else that is flipped over.

9. Us Citizens birth certificate. If you don’t have it, you can submit a copy of the pages of your passport (copies- do NOT send the original of these document). On the copies of your passport pages, highlight the stamps which show when you visited the country of your foreign fiancée. Hole punch the copies and flip them over.

10. Get divider tab and write : Proof of relationship

11. Now, put a sample of your phone cards on a photocopy machine and photocopy the front and back, if you have any. Hole punch, flip over.

A. Print phone records of the times you have called your foreigner or/anf when the foreigner called/texted the US American. Hole punch,flip over

B. Us citizen should photocopy plane itineraries, boarding passes, luggage tags. Hole punch the photocopy and flip over.

C. US Citizen should photocopy envelopes he/she has received from foreigner. Hole punch and flip over.

D. US citizen should photocopy money receipts he/she has sent. Hole punch and flip over.

E. US citizen should photocopy some emails that have been sent to each other. Hole punch and flip over.

F. US Citizen should photocopy receipts from post office showing he/she sent packages/letters to the foreigner.

G. US Citizen should submit pictures of the couple together – at least 2. Make sure you write your names and locations on the back of the pictures..Put these pictures in an envelope or a strong Ziploc bag.Seal the bag and punch two holes in the bag so you can fasten it. Flip it over.

That’s it. Now flip everything over and put it on the fasteners – the two pronged fasteners. Get a paperclip and attach your check/money order to the cover sheet in the folder. Everything is in order – make sure your pictures are not backwards. Make sure the check is the right amount.

Now, make two copies of this file—the petitioner and the beneficiary will need EXACT copies of the file. So now you, the US Citizen, will have 3 files which are IDENTICAL. Us citizen keeps one for themselves, foreigner will eventually get the other copy when the US citizen gives it to him/her, and the copy with the live check will go to USCIS.

Send it off in a waterproof envelope--staples has them. Send it through the post office and get some type of signature confirmation so that you know for sure that it was received.

Send it off and wait.

This has been kindly made in detail for us by a fellow VJ member---gf97.

I hope this helps... and Good luck!

Life is beautiful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
No need for the photos to have the date and time. You could just write on the back of the photo a description of the scene, place, date, and time, while it is still fresh in your memory.

That's a good idea, I think I will do that. Thanks!

Dates on pictures are a plus, however pictures without dates along with all the other the evidence you are submitting makes it a forgone conclusion that you were there and with her!

That's encouraging to hear, thanks!

While the date might look official on the front, everyone knows, including the CO that that date doesnt mean legitimacy. (any fool can change the date on a digi cam.) What does give you legitimacy is your plane tickets receipts/stubs, and passport stamp. THen the CO knows you were in the country in the time frame you are claiming. I like to write in the time/place on fotos in nice silver permanent ink in an unobtrusive corner. Good Luck, and dont stress it! :dance:

Another great idea, thanks! I will do that also. One of those silver paint-pens should do the trick.

Hello... I am sending you a very detailed process on how to assemble to petition paper. You and your fiance can look into this. With it also, are specific document details that you will be reminded of getting. I hope this helps. This has been given to me by another VJ member and this helped Brian and I so much. God bless you!

Thanks a bunch for that! I was really wondering lately about the best way to physically organize and arrange and bind the paperwork together. God bless you also, thanks!

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Hi, put dates at the back of every photos, name the person and where it was taken. We did that during our petition and there is no problem.Good luck and God bless!

Thanks in advance!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.