phopho06

what to wear going to us?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

im confused!!!! :dance: lol :dance:

i want to know do we need to wear formal attire going to us?

coz some one told me that their will be port of entry!!!

how true is that? im confused what to wear!! plz help me about this hehhehe.. :thumbs:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how true is that? im confused what to wear!! plz help me about this hehhehe.. :thumbs:

dress for comfort... :thumbs:

as for me... i wore tennis shoes, sweater and and an extra denim jacket since its winter that time... plus sometimes the airport could be cold too, so its better if you have something to layer on... dont worry about it too much... you'll be fine... just dont forget to bring your important docs, the brown envelope and your visa of course (very important in your POE)

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Wear whatever you feel comfortable for a long travel, I wore short sleeves, jean, sneakers. I also had sweater with me in case i got cold. There is no certain attire on POE. Good luck, and Have safe trip.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

as for me... i wore tennis shoes, sweater and and an extra denim jacket since its winter that time... plus sometimes the airport could be cold too, so its better if you have something to layer on... dont worry about it too much... you'll be fine... just dont forget to bring your important docs, the brown envelope and your visa of course (very important in your POE)

:thumbs:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Timeline

It's a long flight, and hard to get comfortable in those coach seats. Don't wear anything restrictive, and make sure you get up often during the flight. Loosen your shoes, because your feet will swell. My tailbone is what bothered me the most, and it was not until we almost landed on the return flight that I found a solution. Stuff that little pillow and blacket they give you under youir backside. See if that helps. I am going to try that next time.

Yes, above all be comfortable. It's such a long flight so if you can be really sleepy before hand that will help. It's pretty cool on the plane so cover up and sleep as much as you can :) I wore jeans, short sleeved shirt and comfortable slip on shoes with socks. Your feet will get cold!!

Edited by Kevinandsomeone

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes, above all be comfortable. It's such a long flight so if you can be really sleepy before hand that will help. It's pretty cool on the plane so cover up and sleep as much as you can :) I wore jeans, short sleeved shirt and comfortable slip on shoes with socks. Your feet will get cold!!

thanks for all your reply it really help me alot.

and not i know that i dont need to wear formal attire hahahaahha :dance: :dance:

hahahaah i will sure where comfortable things hehehehe

can i wear skinny jean?lol

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

and not i know that i dont need to wear formal attire hahahaahha :dance: :dance:

yes you can :thumbs: you can wear anything basta komportable ka. i saw italian woman pa nga wearing flip flops when she was being interviewed at the POE. BTW, i love skinny jean :D Happy trip :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't wear your birthday suit! :lol:

By the way, why y'all Filipinas say "hehehe"? What does that mean? :huh:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

yes you can :thumbs: you can wear anything basta komportable ka. i saw italian woman pa nga wearing flip flops when she was being interviewed at the POE. BTW, i love skinny jean :D Happy trip :star:

very true hehehe... nung nag bakasyon kami sa pinas niregaluhan ako ng mga friends ng havaianas na flip flops... syempre naka tsinelas lng ako pabalik ng US in honor for them kaya lng kaloka ni lamig yung mga paa ko :lol: ... though hindi ko carry ang skinny jeans. hindi bagay sa akin :P

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

i was wearing skinny jeans when i had my flight and a shirt plus a jacket because it was winter time when we arrived here.

have a nice and safe flight :star:

Timeline
Don't wear your birthday suit! :lol:

By the way, why y'all Filipinas say "hehehe"? What does that mean? :huh:

it's the counterpart of saying "lol". :D

phopho06, have a safe flight.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Like what the others have said. Just wear something comfortable. It is a very long flight and if you are sitting in coach. There ain't no damn room at all... :P The extended weather forecast here in Kansas City. HOT and HUMID... You will feel right at home once you step off the plane here... Anyway, enjoy your trip and welcome to America, especially welcome to Missouri!!!! :thumbs:

I will not recommend skinny jeans. If you have a very long flight, your legs will get tired and skinny jeans will not allow you much space to stretch and bend your legs. And also, wear or bring socks for your feet, it's so cold in the plane.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

i just been here i wear what ever i comfortable its a long trip u should be comfortable what u wearing u sit all flight

i just been here i wear what ever i comfortable its a long trip u should be comfortable what u wearing u sit all flight

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.