JuneFirst

IRS Backtaxes + CR1 = Problems ??

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
hey u dont need to waste the money on attorney. just goto www.irs.gov and u can set up ur payment plan or u can just visit the local irs office to do the same thing. CO will never ask u about the money u owe in back taxes. as long as u make over the poverty line and thats all is the matter in visa process. good luck. abby n sheryl

well, an attonry can help to reduce the interest & penalty,right?

NO... But they can help lighten your wallet if you are not smart! :whistle:

The IRS can take ALL your assets and they do not NEED to bargain with you to get what they want...

There is no 'statute of limitations' or other law preventing them from hounding you until the day you die. They CAN and WILL take what they feel is owed to them and unless you are terminally ill or SEVERELY disabled to the point that you can simply not afford to pay up... They WILL get their money... The tax attorney will get your money as well if you are unwise as to their practices and the tax laws currenty in place... The lawyer wants your money!!! When in doubt, get a second opinion from someone that is NOT a lawyer and NOT interested in taking your money... :whistle:

I feel sorry for you because you fell for an advertisement on TV...

I dont even watch TV :star:

One of my "husbands" friends is an attorny and she told us we would save alot of money by letting an attonry take care of everything.

Filed: Timeline
hey u dont need to waste the money on attorney. just goto www.irs.gov and u can set up ur payment plan or u can just visit the local irs office to do the same thing. CO will never ask u about the money u owe in back taxes. as long as u make over the poverty line and thats all is the matter in visa process. good luck. abby n sheryl

well, an attonry can help to reduce the interest & penalty,right?

NO... But they can help lighten your wallet if you are not smart! :whistle:

The IRS can take ALL your assets and they do not NEED to bargain with you to get what they want...

There is no 'statute of limitations' or other law preventing them from hounding you until the day you die. They CAN and WILL take what they feel is owed to them and unless you are terminally ill or SEVERELY disabled to the point that you can simply not afford to pay up... They WILL get their money... The tax attorney will get your money as well if you are unwise as to their practices and the tax laws currenty in place... The lawyer wants your money!!! When in doubt, get a second opinion from someone that is NOT a lawyer and NOT interested in taking your money... :whistle:

I feel sorry for you because you fell for an advertisement on TV...

I dont even watch TV :star:

One of my "husbands" friends is an attorny and she told us we would save alot of money by letting an attonry take care of everything.

Okay...so the affidavit of sponsor is necessary to make sure, that the government wont have to pay for me, right?

So..if my husband has a paymnt plan and can proof that he still makes enough money to support me..well, then there should not be a probelm.

They cannot use that as a reason to deny the CR1 since all the requireents will be fullfilled, right?

Oh, one more question:

My husband has to pay for his ex-wife for th next 2,5 halb years...they ask for the household size...do we have to put down 2 (me and him) or 3 (her, me and him)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.