GregwedsAngel

US Embassy Manila Interview Questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a number of questions regarding the US Consulate's (Manila) requirements for K1 visa applicants. I have already accomplished every paperwork needed to be presented by the way. I only have to fill in the DS forms and go in at SLMCEC for the medical examinations. Oblige me please to enumerate my inquiries. I have already paid for the visa application fee already last May. I know this has a one year validity.

1. How long is the validity of the CENOMAR?

2. Do I need to have all my documents verified? (on matters regarding documents verification)

3. I had taken the liberty to notarize all my documents to be presented for the Consular Interview. Is this acceptable?

4. I do have a 10 year B1/B2 visa yet never traveled to New York on the purpose to meet Greg over the last year since we knew each other (May 2008). Will this pose a "red flag"? Greg came to visit within the year we met prior our submission of the I-129F however. Just curious. Probably even an unwise inquiry :)) Just curious.

Thank you to VJ for making the paperwork very much easier than it actually presents.

Angelie

Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Ferdinand Espiritu

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Thursday, the Fifth of November

Two Thousand and Nine

at Six O'clock in the Evening

Preston Estate

Wetherington Drive, Cincinnati

Hello everyone. I have a number of questions regarding the US Consulate's (Manila) requirements for K1 visa applicants. I have already accomplished every paperwork needed to be presented by the way. I only have to fill in the DS forms and go in at SLMCEC for the medical examinations. Oblige me please to enumerate my inquiries. I have already paid for the visa application fee already last May. I know this has a one year validity.

1. How long is the validity of the CENOMAR? - expires in 6 mos. from date of issue

2. Do I need to have all my documents verified? (on matters regarding documents verification)- embassy will be the one to verify your documents, I think they will ask for a verification fee amounting to Php 650.00

3. I had taken the liberty to notarize all my documents to be presented for the Consular Interview. Is this acceptable? - that I am not sure

4. I do have a 10 year B1/B2 visa yet never traveled to New York on the purpose to meet Greg over the last year since we knew each other (May 2008). Will this pose a "red flag"? Greg came to visit within the year we met prior our submission of the I-129F however. Just curious. Probably even an unwise inquiry :)) Just curious. - cant comment, i just hope not

Thank you to VJ for making the paperwork very much easier than it actually presents.

Angelie

Hello,

When will be your interview date? mine is scheduled on July 16th. When will you have your medical exam?

Hope i was able to share a few help.

Jen

Love conquers everything!!!

Our Timeline:

03.21.2006 - Met Online

04.21.2006 - Officially On

09.24.2008 - First Visit in the Philippines

01.07.2009 - Submitted I-129F to USCIS

01.09.2009 - Received I-129F by USCIS

04.19.2009 - Notice of Approval

05.16.2009 - Case received by NVC

06.03.2009 - Left NVC to US Embassy Manila

06.11.2009 - Case received by US Embassy Manila

06.16.2009 - Received appointment letter from US Embassy

06.22.2009 - Received via email confirmed interview appointment

07.08.2009 - First day of Medical Examination at SLMCEC

07.09.2009 - Immunization Day, PASSED Medical Exam

07.16.2009 - Visa Interview.... APPROVED!!!!

07.30.2009 - Visa at Hand

09.24.2009 - Entry to US

11.18.2009 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

04.13.2010 - mailed AOS application

04.14.2010 - USCIS received my AOS application

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

08.13.2010 - APPROVED!!!

EAD Application:

04.13.2010 - mailed EAD application

04.14.2010 - USCIS received EAD application

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

06.17.2010 - APPROVED!!!

LIFTING GC Conditions:

05.07.2012 - I-751 application sent

05.10.2012 - VSC received application

05.16.2012 - check cleared

Timeline

1. How long is the validity of the CENOMAR? - expires in 6 mos. from date of issue

2. Do I need to have all my documents verified? (on matters regarding documents verification)- embassy will be the one to verify your documents, I think they will ask for a verification fee amounting to Php 650.00

3. I had taken the liberty to notarize all my documents to be presented for the Consular Interview. Is this acceptable? - that I am not sure

4. I do have a 10 year B1/B2 visa yet never traveled to New York on the purpose to meet Greg over the last year since we knew each other (May 2008). Will this pose a "red flag"? Greg came to visit within the year we met prior our submission of the I-129F however. Just curious. Probably even an unwise inquiry :)) Just curious. - cant comment, i just hope not

Angelie

Hello,

When will be your interview date? mine is scheduled on July 16th. When will you have your medical exam?

Jen

Thank you Jen! My interview I have no schedule yet. I will call tomorrow to set it up. My medical will call also tomorrow to schedule it.

By the way, when and where do I pay for documents verification?

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Two Thousand and Nine

Preston Estate

Angelie

Hello,

Jen

Thank you Jen! My interview I have no schedule yet. I will call tomorrow to set it up. My medical will call also tomorrow to schedule it.

for Medical, you can just go to SLMCEC, no need for appointment for it is "first come, first serve" basis. I am not sure enough but from what i read, It will be paid at the embassy during interview?? were you the only one who worked on your requirements? Goodluck to both of us!

Our Timeline:

03.21.2006 - Met Online

09.24.2009 - Entry to US

11.18.2009 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

08.13.2010 - APPROVED!!!

EAD Application:

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

06.17.2010 - APPROVED!!!

LIFTING GC Conditions:

Timeline

Angelie

Hello,

Jen

for Medical, you can just go to SLMCEC, no need for appointment for it is "first come, first serve" basis. I am not sure enough but from what i read, It will be paid at the embassy during interview?? were you the only one who worked on your requirements? Goodluck to both of us!

I see. I wanted to make sure. Regarding the St. Luke's appointment, I am a doctor you see and I will just call a colleague on the field there to ask what is the best time. Anyhow, Greg and I worked on the paper together. Well more like just me signing the petition he had with him when he was here last. As for the other documents that I need for the interview, well I already had a passport since I can remember as I have a considerable amount of travels already even before Greg and I met. Just wanted to make sure I understand this document verification thing.

Thanks! God bless you too!

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Two Thousand and Nine

Preston Estate

Filed: Other Timeline

Angelie

Hello,

Jen

for Medical, you can just go to SLMCEC, no need for appointment for it is "first come, first serve" basis. I am not sure enough but from what i read, It will be paid at the embakissy during interview?? were you the only one who worked on your requirements? Goodluck to both of us!

\hey guys i think no need to verify the documents just pay first the visa at the bdo bank after you have the appointment letter for interview so that your visa will not delay to deliver it to you. the requirments is no expiration like the cenomar the embassy will automatically continue your papers to process. guys open this website http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html and read al so that you will know what your going to do no need to tired of reading so that you will all know the policies ok.. YOU CAN PM ME GUYS. GODBLESS GOODLUCK

• 3 weeks later...

\hey guys i think no need to verify the documents just pay first the visa at the bdo bank after you have the appointment letter for interview so that your visa will not delay to deliver it to you. the requirments is no expiration like the cenomar the embassy will automatically continue your papers to process. guys open this website http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html and read al so that you will know what your going to do no need to tired of reading so that you will all know the policies ok.. YOU CAN PM ME GUYS. GODBLESS GOODLUCK

Yes, no more verification fee to be paid. Hey Angelie, I think your timeline is the shortest I have seen... when is your interview? Goodluck!!! Im glad to see you already have a wedding date, have you filed for the marriage license? How did you do that? Wish my visa will arrive soon...

Jen

Our Timeline:

03.21.2006 - Met Online

09.24.2009 - Entry to US

11.18.2009 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

08.13.2010 - APPROVED!!!

EAD Application:

04.20.2010 - NOA 1

05.13.2010 - Biometrics

06.17.2010 - APPROVED!!!

LIFTING GC Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.