B&S

Packet 3

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I checked the DHL tracking for my case to go to the embassy and there was one last Sunday to Cairo. I also got a letter sayin it would be mailed within a week. How long does it take Cairo to send the packet 3? And since we have everything together is there anyway I can request that I send it all to them so we can get an interview date? Or do I need to wait for the packet 3 before I mail it all out?

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
I checked the DHL tracking for my case to go to the embassy and there was one last Sunday to Cairo. I also got a letter sayin it would be mailed within a week. How long does it take Cairo to send the packet 3? And since we have everything together is there anyway I can request that I send it all to them so we can get an interview date? Or do I need to wait for the packet 3 before I mail it all out?

I think that someone on this forum wrote that their fiance never did get their packet #3. They filed their papers anyway, and since they knew what to send it went through OK. However that was more than a year ago. I recently read on this forum that you have to have a letter from the Embassy before you can have the medical exam, and I assumed the letter came in Packet # 3. Maybe I'm wrong. Did you get your exam from the doctor approved by the Embassy?

If you have everything (since I could be wrong about the letter and the medical exam), it seems you could submit it without waiting for their paperwork to arrive. But I'd be sure you have everything they require... I think it's better to send everything at once, and not get RFE'd.

Hopefully others can answer about their more recent experiences. It's been more than a year since my husband rec'd his Packet #3 so things could have changed.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, I have not got the medical done or a letter that suggest anything about a medical. I think that comes in packet 4. I thought you had to take the interview letter to the medical. You think it would be Ok just to send an email and ask them embassy in cairo? I dont want to make them mad or anything I am tryin to leave them alone as much as I can. I guess I can give them this week and then see if it comes. I just didnt know how long it should take for them to mail it out. Thank you for your help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Another question. Do they give you an interview as soon as they get your case or after they get the packet 3?

After you send them packet 3, they schedule you for an interview. When your interview is scheduled they send you a letter telling you the date.

My husband just had his interview in Cairo and he did not have to take a letter from the embassy with him to get his medical exam. All he had to take was his passport and the two or three passport pictures that they need for the medical exam paperwork.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
No, I have not got the medical done or a letter that suggest anything about a medical. I think that comes in packet 4. I thought you had to take the interview letter to the medical. You think it would be Ok just to send an email and ask them embassy in cairo? I dont want to make them mad or anything I am tryin to leave them alone as much as I can. I guess I can give them this week and then see if it comes. I just didnt know how long it should take for them to mail it out. Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Packet #4. I think the 4th packet is your passport with the visa in it... or the packet of all your documents they send back to you..

The medical goes with Packet #3. BEFORE the interview. There is nothing to do after the interview in most cases but wait for their decision, unless they ask your for additional information at the interview or during AP.

Feel free to email the embassy. They can take a long time to reply, but I found that in most cases I heard from them in a week. I would recommend that the USC - Petitioner email them.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.