3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife and I are applying for AOS. She entered on a K-1 and as I mentioned we are now married. We received the biometrics letter from the ASC for our appointment for early July... It was cancelled by them and rescheduled.

She is currently in NY visiting her sister and has been for the last month. When we received the original appointment letter, we booked a flight for her to come back to my home for the appointment. She would then return a couple days afterward to her sisters until the end of the month.

I would like to reschedule her 2nd appointment until the end of the month so that she does not have to go back and forth. Money is a little tight for us. We are already losing some for having to cancel the first time.

I wrote a letter asking to reschedule with the reason being due to my work. My wife would like to just say she will be away visiting her sister.

I don't want to lie but I just don't want us to get in trouble later if they find out my wife was away for a month or two soon after our marriage.

What do y'all think?

Some will probably disagree with me, but I think that anything to do with this process should be your very top priority. Why can't your wife come back for her appointment and stay with you, her husband? It just seems odd to me that you just got married, but she's with her sister instead of you.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Some will probably disagree with me, but I think that anything to do with this process should be your very top priority. Why can't your wife come back for her appointment and stay with you, her husband? It just seems odd to me that you just got married, but she's with her sister instead of you.

Thanks for your reply... it is very helpful.

She is with her sister to help her take care of her daughter and new born son. Her sister returned to work and my wife takes care of them. I am a scientist who works 7 days a week and many nights work until midnight. She can not drive or go to school at this time. So while we wait for some paper work and can get a drivers license and go to school.. I thought it was best she stay with her sister until so she is not completely locked inside 24/7.

I would like to reschedule so that she doesn't have to go back one more time... we were planning to have her return end of July for my friends wedding and start of the fall semester where she will start english class.

From your confusion why she is not with me and visiting her sister, I will +1 for rescheduling for work related reasons. I really don't want to be dishonest but I don't want us to get in trouble later for being honest... if that makes any sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.