mamalou

Daughter is RN in Phil is now taking NCLEX exam, I want her with me in the US

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello This question is about my 28 yo daughter whom i wanted & wished her to come & work here in the US. She's now taking her review class in NCLEX & hopefully she can pass the exam. Job experienced wise she's overqualified because she been working 8 yrs as OR Nurse. My question is if lucky enough she can pass the exam is there any other exam that she has to take? they say its retrogression for Nursing jobs nowadays but I am thinking if can help her in my little way I can submit her resume to some Hospitals here thru my Pinays friend working here as nurses for many yrs already. Can you pls guide me. Thank You

...mamalou

MARLO SY PARKER

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello This question is about my 28 yo daughter whom i wanted & wished her to come & work here in the US. She's now taking her review class in NCLEX & hopefully she can pass the exam. Job experienced wise she's overqualified because she been working 8 yrs as OR Nurse. My question is if lucky enough she can pass the exam is there any other exam that she has to take? they say its retrogression for Nursing jobs nowadays but I am thinking if can help her in my little way I can submit her resume to some Hospitals here thru my Pinays friend working here as nurses for many yrs already. Can you pls guide me. Thank You

...mamalou

hi, mamalou. we're almost on the same boat. i also have a RN daughter. hope we can get feedback/advice soon. good luck to us!

God bless!

riza

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nope you cant. Even if you submit her resume to hospitals coz as youve said its retro,meaning no visa available for I-140 (immigrant visa). I heard after 5 yrs retro will be lifted. I've a pending I-140. Try working visa, but its hard to find one that will sponsor a foreign worker. As you know, hospitals are cutting down too. One of the requirement for sponsoring a nurse from other countries is to show proof that there is shortage here.

Hope it helps.

Why not explore other countries for alternative. UK is open but you gotta have P300,000.00 plus airline ticket going there under their study program. The thing is, they will be categorized as students but while studying,they are working and get paid.

PAULEEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.