Ruemonst

Credit cards

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

I am curious if credit cards are accepted in Ukraine.

I am going to Evpatoria and would prefer to pay my hotel

with a credit card.

Also can anyone recommend a web site to book a hotel on.

The popular American sites don't have anything sans Kiev.

Thanks,

Ed

Timeline
Hi,

I am curious if credit cards are accepted in Ukraine.

I am going to Evpatoria and would prefer to pay my hotel

with a credit card.

Also can anyone recommend a web site to book a hotel on.

The popular American sites don't have anything sans Kiev.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

While I have been to Kiev and also a small costal town Kerch, Crimea, Ukraine where my sweetie is located currently and in both cases they took Credit Cards, your best bet is to ask your S/O to find out for you. She can find a hotel or maybe a short term rental apartment, she can ask them directly about credit cards being accepted and you can go from there. In my cases I had to send them a photo copy (fax or email scan) of the front my credit card and ID, with a letter detailing the acceptance of the carges before they would bill me on the credit card.

Unfortunately in most cases the Hotels online is going to be tough and usually expensive. Often you will share a bathroom with several tennants also. Apartments are great and here are a few sites for hotels and apartments:

http://www.110apartments.com/new/en/proper.../apartment/273/

http://accesscrimea.com/node/28

http://www.ukrainetravelmate.com/towns/evp...toria-hotel.htm

Now those being said, I have only used the second place once. They did a good enough job, but ask your S/O if she might know of some short term aprtments as there are often a local rag magazine or news print magazine that has listings. I am BIG fan of the Apartment Rental because, you get your own bathroom, kitchen and it is more secure in most cases. Do a webseach for Apartment rental ukraine, crimea or apartment rental ukraine, evpatoria or something like this. Let me know if you have any questions, but I think you get more from an apartment then from a hotel.

Best of Luck!! Enjoy your trip! Let us know how it turns out!

-Jeff

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Interview 18 Nov 09' (Administrative Review)

Visa Approved!! 15 Dec 09'

Tatiana Arrives! 12 Jan 10'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Green Card Received 10 July 10'

Lifting Conditions Filed 25 April 12'

Timeline

Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately my s/o is in Saint Petersburg.

All she knows about Evpatoria is from her childhood.

She seems to have her heart set on a sanatorium or pansionate.

I think a pansionate is a Bed & Breakfast. Which would be fine, in America.

At least the food would be ok. I am nervous about Ukrainian food.

Anyway, I'll be there on Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.