-mitch-

anyone LPR who file i-130 for spouse...

2,840 posts in this topic

Hi Kim, i just want to be clear about this and make sure I understand you correctly.

You mean if you received Interview Appointment before January 1 (even if the interview date will fall January 2011 or later) you are not affected by retrogression? Did I get it right.

Thank you so much for the update and for calling NVC.

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

That's right. At least that's what I understood from the conversation I had with them. I really hope it's true. And besides, our PDs are still current as of this month, right? I guess we'll see next week. I don't think they'll give us a schedule if they know it won't be valid in January, it won't make sense.

This is killing me! laughing.gif , but any kind of hope to get by I definitely will take! God bless!

I-130

12/22/09: I-130 receipt date (Sent by lawyer to CSC)

8/20:10: Approved/NOA2

9/03/10: NVC # generated, gave e-mail adds

9/08/10: Received IV/AOS fee bill

9/09/10: Paid AOS/IV

9/13/10: Mailed completed AOS, enetered into the system on 9/14

9/19/10: Mailed completed DS-230, entered into the system on 9/22

10/13/10: CASE COMPLETE!!!

04/06/11: Case upgraded from F2A to CR-1

05/03/11: Final review completed

05/17/11: Interview date scheduled!

05/20/11: Forwarded case to USEM

06/10/11: Interview - APPROVED!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my sister searched on this, just posting it to give us an idea with our cases,

"What this means is that if your priority date was “current” in November 2010, but will retrogress in December 2010, you would not be eligible for a visa or for adjustment of status until your priority date again becomes current. Below are the priority dates for December 2010"

http://www.gurfinkel...m_updates56.htm

sigh! :blush:

Things worth having are worth waiting for. Go for it! Be persistent, no matter what. Keep believing. Keep the faith! ♥

HI You all,I saw that retrogression, can any body explain how it effect my case, I apply for my wife & kids, got approved in Nov 19, paid $88 and $404, I am waiting for my Tax return for this year so I can send my AOS and DS230.My PD IS july 17. I will realy appreciate that.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello fellows, i did made some research about this retrogression issue with visa center and they way i took it is---

for greencard holders who are:

1. DONE/FINISH before DEC. 1, 2010 with their processiong at the NVC and already have the date for interview with the american embassy, you will not be affected.

2. STILL processing at the visa center and your priority date is between 2008-2010, then that you have to wait for your date to be current since they push it back to

3. having the PRIORITY DATE OF 2008 AND MAYBE LATER wont be affected at all since, bulletin is showing that your priority date is current.

guys, dont rely on this, make your own research too..... im just sharing of how i undestood all of these.... im still here and still trying to finish all these and to think that my priority date is JULY 2007. i believe i wont be affected by this but i know its a sad news for those who trully are expecting that they will be done with nvc soon.. lets all keep swimming, keep swimming, keep swimming till were all there at our own respective distinations....

Edited by -mitch-

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

From one of the other threads regarding the retro:

Cases still at the NVCWhat will happen to cases "in the pipeline" at the NVC is uncertain and will decided by the embassy, NVC and DOS VO. There are several options they can elect. Maybe the embassy will issue a statement. Below are some likely possibilities (not known facts), based on prior retrogressions:

Cases already scheduled for December: Embassy can continue with all interviews, or only those who have a current PD for December. Cases where the PD is not current will be held at the post, or returned to NVC, until the PD becomes current.

Cases in the interview ‘queue' for January, or still "in process" at NVC: Some in the queue may still be sent for interview, depending on the expected future PD movement, but most cases will be held at the NVC until the PD becomes current again.

Cases held at NVC will not require a second payment of the IV fees as long as all requests for information from the NVC are answered in a timely manner. However, depending on how long this retrogression lasts, the NVC may ask for the application and affidavit to be updated when the priority date becomes current again.

I-130

Timeline

Guys i know this is a bad news for all of us... My husband talk to a NVC operator and told him that they are processing Jan. 2008 for appointment interview for the month of January 2011, i can't stop crying coz i really expected to have an interview appointment by this week... Anyone here have any idea about this? i really don't know why operators in NVC has their different versions regarding the PD that they are processing right now for January 2011 interview...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys i know this is a bad news for all of us... My husband talk to a NVC operator and told him that they are processing Jan. 2008 for appointment interview for the month of January 2011, i can't stop crying coz i really expected to have an interview appointment by this week... Anyone here have any idea about this? i really don't know why operators in NVC has their different versions regarding the PD that they are processing right now for January 2011 interview...

hi sgam, what is your PD? are you still far from 2008? i have a 2007 priority date and im even still far from reality. they just received my ds-230 dec. 2 and i havent heared anything from them. im expecting a case complete by the end of this month and maybe interview date by feb. but all of these are my own plans.... what matters most is the plan of NVC. hahah... God knows our cry... he'll be there to wipe away our tears!

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

I just gave them a call and my husband was not given an interview for January. Our PD is December 2009. God only knows how long we'll have to wait... sad.gif

I-130

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

I would like to know what will happen if your case is not complete yet but a visa was already assigned to the case, will they take it away with the retrogression because my husband has been assigned with a visa number already but no interview date yet

I love my God

I30 sent 01/2010 (can't remember the exact date)

NOA1 January 29,2010

NOA2 February 26,2010 ( yes it was that fast, still Thanking God for that)

Transferred to NVC

March 5,2010, i received my case # and no visa was available

June 4,2010 received AOS bill via email and Paid the same night

June 4,2010 received Visa Application Processing bill Via email and paid the same night

July 15,2010 mailed the AOS form and documents

August 27,2010 mailed DS-230 form and documents

September 30th I thought my case complete but received an RFE later on, still in the process

Timeline

hi sgam, what is your PD? are you still far from 2008? i have a 2007 priority date and im even still far from reality. they just received my ds-230 dec. 2 and i havent heared anything from them. im expecting a case complete by the end of this month and maybe interview date by feb. but all of these are my own plans.... what matters most is the plan of NVC. hahah... God knows our cry... he'll be there to wipe away our tears!

Hi Mitch... My PD is September 2008, i'm on my 8th week of waiting for an interview appointment and my case completed last Oct. 22... Yes, now i know what really matter is NVC's plans... it's just so disappointing coz i really expected too much of receiving appointment letter this week... I know that u are also struggling for the last few months but you are still lucky coz your not affected with the retrogression, just hang on and i know God has great plans for us...

Timeline

is it true that medical result for children expires after 6 months while for adults expires after 3 months? I'm done with my advance medical last Nov. 24. I'm worried if it will expire after 3 months (and that will be on Feb. 24) and if unfortunately i will not have a interview appointment then it means that i will undergo another medical exam again...

Timeline

is it true that medical result for children expires after 6 months while for adults expires after 3 months? I'm done with my advance medical last Nov. 24. I'm worried if it will expire after 3 months (and that will be on Feb. 24) and if unfortunately i will not have a interview appointment then it means that i will undergo another medical exam again...

i thought medical will expire after 6 months?

Hello friends... why all so quiet nowadays...any update with pending or completed cases?

I have done my pcc and medical since my case was completed now due to retro. pd has gone back 1.5 years..

my question:

1. How long pcc and medical will be valid since I don't want to do this things again??

Thanks,

F2A for husband (i.e. Me)

24 Jul 2009: PD (I-130 NOA1 Rcvd)

?? Sep 2010: NOA2 Rcvd

24 Nov 2010: NVC CASE COMPLETE

03 Apr 2012: Interview @Sydney @10AM

12 Apr 2012: Finally!!! Yes got the VISA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.