Aimee and Albert

Church wedding in Philippines

6 posts in this topic

Hello to all VJ members,

I hope all your journeys are going well. And that you are all well on your way to having your loved ones with you.

My wife and I have been civilly married already in the Quezon City Hall of Justice.

And we have just got her visa issued just this month.

However, we still would like to have a Church wedding in the Catholic Church in the Philippines.

And there are some documents that I have to furnish on my end.

I have to obtain two documents.

*Certificate of Search of Marriage

*Certificate of No Marriage.

I come from Washington State. Is there anyone out there that would know what government numbers to call or where to inquire?

Because I remember obtaining a "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" form the US Embassy in Manila because the USA doesn't keep a central statistics office like the Philippines.

We used that form to become civilly married there in the court system.

This is straight from the US Embassy, Manila website:

"Any foreigner who wishes to marry in the Philippines is required by the Philippine Government to obtain from his/her Embassy a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" before filing an application for a marriage license. This certification affirms that there are no legal impediments to the foreigner marrying a Filipino (i.e, that the foreigner is already married to someone else). Unlike the Philippines, the U.S. Government does not keep a central statistical registry for births, marriages and deaths and cannot verify this information. Instead, the Philippine Government accepts an "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage."

So I'm kind of confused here :help:

If the US Government can't verify this information, how am I able to obtain those two documents?

Is there an equivalent document?

Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7/11/2008, Married, Quezon City Hall of Justice, Regional Trial Court

8/19/2008 Sent I-130 Petition to USCIS

8/19/2008 USCIS received I-130 Petition

8/22/2008 Received NOA1 letter

1/28/2009 Received e-mail update from USCIS-Petition Approval!!! Official letter still in mail.

1/29/09 Received Official NOA2 Letter

2/10/09 Received Case number from NVC

2/11/09 Paid AOS Bill

2/12/09 AOS Bill marked as PAID

2/19/09 My wife sent DS3032 to NVC via FedEx

2/23/09 NVC Received DS3032

3/02/09 I864 AOS package sent to NVC via Express Mail

3/02/09 IV Bill Generated

3/04/09 NVC Received AOS package.

3/06/09 Paid IV Bill Online

3/09/09 IV Bill Marked as PAID online

3/12/09 I864 Package is Incomplete and/or missing some items.

NVC mailed info on 3/12/09 on what info is needed. Awaiting to receive letter.

3/23/09 Sent DS230 package to NVC via USPS Express Mail

3/24/09 NVC Received DS230 packet. The item was signed for by R AUSTIN.

3/31/09 NVC Case Completed

4/21/09 Case Forwarded to US Embassy in Manila Philippines.

4/24/09 US Embassy received case

***Awaiting Interview Date on May 26, 2009***

5/07/09 &

5/08/09 My wife passed medical

5/26/09 My wife passed her Interview, Visa Approved (I am soo proud of her)

5/30/09 Visa in hand

10/24/09 Our Church wedding

Are those documents were asked by the church where you are planning to do the ceremony? Since you are already married, all you have to submit is a copy of your marriage contract and maybe a copy of the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage. If the church is asking for Certificate of No Marriage then explain to them that you don't have those in the states. Anyway, as my experience...we have only submitted the marriage license from the city civil registrar and both our catholic baptismal certificate. Go to the office of the parish to clarify this thing.

ZlYHm6.png

Are those documents were asked by the church where you are planning to do the ceremony? Since you are already married, all you have to submit is a copy of your marriage contract and maybe a copy of the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage. If the church is asking for Certificate of No Marriage then explain to them that you don't have those in the states. Anyway, as my experience...we have only submitted the marriage license from the city civil registrar and both our catholic baptismal certificate. Go to the office of the parish to clarify this thing.

Actually, they were asked by the Chancery Office of the Roman Catholic Church in Cubao.

Anyway, after extensive searching on the internet and calling, I came up to the Vital Records in Washington State. And I can use what they term a "Single Status Letter"

They will do a thorough search and show that I have not contracted marriage in the state of Washington for the past 10 years.

It will have the seal of Washington on it. I paid $35 for it.

I hope this will be good enough for the chancery.

7/11/2008, Married, Quezon City Hall of Justice, Regional Trial Court

8/19/2008 Sent I-130 Petition to USCIS

8/19/2008 USCIS received I-130 Petition

8/22/2008 Received NOA1 letter

1/28/2009 Received e-mail update from USCIS-Petition Approval!!! Official letter still in mail.

1/29/09 Received Official NOA2 Letter

2/10/09 Received Case number from NVC

2/11/09 Paid AOS Bill

2/12/09 AOS Bill marked as PAID

2/19/09 My wife sent DS3032 to NVC via FedEx

2/23/09 NVC Received DS3032

3/02/09 I864 AOS package sent to NVC via Express Mail

3/02/09 IV Bill Generated

3/04/09 NVC Received AOS package.

3/06/09 Paid IV Bill Online

3/09/09 IV Bill Marked as PAID online

3/12/09 I864 Package is Incomplete and/or missing some items.

NVC mailed info on 3/12/09 on what info is needed. Awaiting to receive letter.

3/23/09 Sent DS230 package to NVC via USPS Express Mail

3/24/09 NVC Received DS230 packet. The item was signed for by R AUSTIN.

3/31/09 NVC Case Completed

4/21/09 Case Forwarded to US Embassy in Manila Philippines.

4/24/09 US Embassy received case

***Awaiting Interview Date on May 26, 2009***

5/07/09 &

5/08/09 My wife passed medical

5/26/09 My wife passed her Interview, Visa Approved (I am soo proud of her)

5/30/09 Visa in hand

10/24/09 Our Church wedding

Hey i got married in catholic church in candelaria quezon

i had to get the certificate of singleness from USEM in manila

I applied for licence first and waited 10 days to get marriage in the registarar office

I had to do 3 days of counseling in the same church before the ceremony

it was a wonderful experience

any question please PM me

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

can't you just give them the copy of Certificate of Singleness you obtained from the US Embassy here?

did you tell them you only want a ceremony since you are legally married already?

can't you just give them the copy of Certificate of Singleness you obtained from the US Embassy here?

did you tell them you only want a ceremony since you are legally married already?

----------

Here is our case;

Me and ny wife got married here in Florida last March 2008 through the court. And as per immigration instruction we submitted a report of our marriage at the Philippine embassy in Washington, D.C. and probably, it is now filed at NSO-Manila. And now we are working out for our church wedding comes July 2010. So what are we going to di in the chancery? Coz I am still a Filipino when we get married and my wife is a US citizen already. What additional proof are we going to show aside from the usual church requirement? Please, somebody wants to shed light to this? Thank you so much!

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.