LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

question: can somebody give me tip for driving

46 posts in this topic

is driving test hard? esp. for a first timer like me..-- never experienced driving in Manila before..unfortunately the only thing i know is to drive forward.. nothing to do with parking parallel etc. i felt stupid>> any tips? or exam ? (F)

Edited by LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

from what i observed usually the parking here are more slant or forward..they say its not really necessary for the parallel parking (they say).

i still am practicing driving..when we go out,i always do the backing out from the garage..once you get used with backing out..forward driving will be fine :)

I'm still learning how to drive too. My husband is the one teaching me how to drive. He said attention to details is important. Always check your side and rear view mirrors.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

is driving test hard? esp. for a first timer like me..-- never experienced driving in Manila before..unfortunately the only thing i know is to drive forward.. nothing to do with parking parallel etc. i felt stupid>> any tips? or exam ? (F)

dont worry your not alone :P i think im only good w/ the exam and i suck at driving till now hehehe... i had an instructor before i took the road-test and i was a bit comfy w/ him, when i took the test, i realized my instructor didnt teach how to make a U-turn and Parallel parking so i failed both on that lol... dont worry though automatic is super easy. so you'll get it right away and as for the exam, is not that bad if you read the manual and some answers can be found in the question itself (like common sense type of questions)

btw, i got my DL last sept 2007 and up to now i still havent driven the interstate :lol: ganyan ako ka nerbyosa at hindi pa rin sanay mag drive... and if ever i will go to wallmart (i rarely go to walmart alone) kasi i have to park sa home depot mga 5 mins walk from the store kasi naman takot ako mag park na medyo busy ang place at hindi ko pa alam mag calculate hehehe

wish you luck!!!

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

based on my experience,you should be attaintive.Watch side and front mirror and train your right foot.

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

Timeline

First, you have to learn the Rules of the Road, read many times the Driver's manual. Practice as much as you can (of course with your husband) or instructor if you have one. You must be aware of your speed limit, uses of your left or right-hand signal, stopping smoothly, etc. All the techniques and tips that you are looking for are all in the book even the ROAD TEST. Goodluck

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Hello Jon,

Never in my life i imagined i will be driving one day. My hubby works 14 hrs a day and had no time to teach me how to drive. The only way i think and the best way how i learned how to drive was through my husband's xbox driving assimilation game. That was really a big help for me.

I did enrolled in a driving school as well but did not learn much about the actual driving since it's only a few hrs. My driving instructor told me that once you drive you should always as in ALWAYS think the "WHAT IF"?..be aware of what's happening in your surrounding. Parallel parking is not very common nowadays but if you know the concept of how to do it,,it is really easy.

EVERYBODY... thank you so much for the tips.. I appreciate it.. Im reading the book right now.. and i wonder if the paper test itself is hard or i mean online before the actual test itself... rough estimate how long did u learn how to drive -- i know it varies > however can somebody pls give me estimate..thank u again (F) (F)

EVERYBODY... thank you so much for the tips.. I appreciate it.. Im reading the book right now.. and i wonder if the paper test itself is hard or i mean online before the actual test itself... rough estimate how long did u learn how to drive -- i know it varies > however can somebody pls give me estimate..thank u again (F) (F)

Depends on how much time u spent in practicing.I did 99% practice on the driving assimilation game which was really a big help for me.

i believe i had 6 hrs driving experience (w/ the instructor in my learner's permit) before i took the test and since its "pasang-awa" my husband still wasnt convinced enough w/ my capability (even up to now :blush: lol) so i had another 4 hrs worth of driving w/ the instructor w/ my DL... though it depends how comfortable you are and what type of driving practices you have had (w/ hubby or w/ the instructor)... though i did ask my instructor roughly how long a student be able to get comfortable and learn how to drive alone... and he said its 6-8 hrs at most... :thumbs: you can do it!!!

edit to add: that 6 hrs is not a whole day practice... its like 2 hrs a day just so you wont get stress out

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

1. read the booklet and remember important points.

2. relax and take the test.

3. pass the test then learning permit is issued.

4. with learning permit practice driving around.usually take note of the very basic rules in driving.

- do not panic

- drive and follow signs around, traffic signs etc.

- most importantly your speed, to make to maintain it. with respect to the speed limit

- dont break hard and just basically relax.

road test:

- since there are too many independent agency for the road test, reserve a time that is not a rush hour time, i did mine on sunday morning and it only took 45 minutes.

note: there are only few cars around that early.( 6:30 a.m.)

at the parking lot :

examiner will ask you to check your car with her, she will ask you to step break lights ,mirrors and your ready...

1. examiner will ask you to drive and then stop at one point.

2. examiner will ask you to drive straight then reverse to a parking space. just make sure to be inside the line designated.

3. then will ask you to try to parallel park.

4. then the real road test ....just relax...drive around ,pay attention to the signs around,stop lights etc...then examnier will ask you side questions.

5. pass the road test,take the certificate along with learning permit ,pay then have eye check up then photos taken.

6. drivers lic. will be mailed.

note:

relax

pay attention

speed ( know how to maintain speed)

head check

goodluck!

Practice. Practice. Practice. Follow every rule in the manual and you'll be fine. Also, keep your focus when you're on the road. You don't have to perfect parallel parking since it's rarely done but the minor details are important such as looking at your blind spots and at the back of your car (when you're backing up). I took the road test twice and I kept in mind the mistakes I made during the first try so I aced the 2nd.

For me, it's actually easier to drive the freeway since you're only going forward and changing lanes is the only hard part. There are too many rules to keep in mind in city streets.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Timeline
EVERYBODY... thank you so much for the tips.. I appreciate it.. Im reading the book right now.. and i wonder if the paper test itself is hard or i mean online before the actual test itself... rough estimate how long did u learn how to drive -- i know it varies > however can somebody pls give me estimate..thank u again (F)(F)

It depends what state are you, here in SC, after I passed the learners' permit exam, I have 180 day requirement (six months) before I could take the road test, but unfortunately, I took the road test for 3 times, hehehe, before I pass, we also have to know how to parallel park.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Timeline

I failed on my first take because of that turnabout and parallel parking. I just did not like my examiner on my first take because she's not clear of giving direction. She sucks! But after a week, I retook and I made it. I did not enrol in any driving schools. My hubby was my driving instructor.

From my experience, I just keep on practicing everyday. I spent 30-45 mins driving almost everyday before I took my road test to be more confident. I read the driver's manual and I also viewed the youtuve videos about

Good luck!

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.