ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Zaheer, did you speak to them in English? ... I want to call Islamabad but I don't know urdu lol ... and I feel like I won't get any information if I don't know how to speak urdu. And that is really good that it is in the final stages!... my fiance's case got transferred to the non immigrant visa unit a month ago (actually im assuming), because they (non immigrant visa unit) had emailed me asking for information and then they said American express will contact you when the process is complete.

I have to say, K visas are pretty complicated and I think that is why it takes longer than CR-1 cases.

Yes, they speak english. I usually call right after they open in the morning/noon time. They open at 12:30p Pakistani time. So if you are in USA on east coast, it would be about 2:30am. But you can call around 5am too and still get to talk to someone. I call the 01192512082700 number and press 1 (for english), 2 for Immigrant visa, and 1 again for operator. If you push 2, 2, 1 it is Urdu. But yes they all speak english. even sometimes I get through on Urdu number, they will start speaking english, cuz my husband forgets sometimes to talk to them in Urdu and just automatically starts speaking english, and they return in english. So yes, you can speak to them in English. Good luck to you. I am hoping all goes well for you as well. I am praying for al you, like Abenitez, and Feisal Bhai. All of you are in my prayers and hopefully soon all this will be over. Zaheer called them friday and the girl who answered is never nice to us. She always says "pending AP" and he asked about anything he could and she just says "I cant tell you that, just pending ap we will call you when it is finished." and they seem to get annoyed that we call them like every 3 days or so because they are like "You ust called here the other day." (Duh! We are hoping you have had enough time to work).

But I must say, I keep reading posts from people saying they got an email about their case. But I have never gotten any emails. I wonder if I should email them and ask them? Did you email them first or they just automatically updated you? Strange. Well, keep me posted. I think I am going to head home next week. Wont be allowed to fly much longer and I might as well spend the holidays with my family. Haven't seen them in a yr. Take care all. Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

Thank you Tara, I appreciate it... surprisingly they (non immigrant visa unit) emailed me requesting for my fiance's parents and siblings' information, and since then they just said this email...

This is to acknowledge receipt of the documents/ information you sent regarding a nonimmigrant visa.

Thank you for providing us with the information we requested in order to continue processing your case. When administrative processing is complete, our courier American Express will contact you.

and when I emailed them after a week or two from this response, this is the response I got

November 13, 2009

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your email concerning your fiance nonimmigrant visa application.

The application is undergoing necessary administrative processing as part of the visa issuance and printing process.

It is difficult to predict the amount of time that administrative processing process will take, but please rest assured that we are handling your case as expeditiously as possible. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants, and regret any inconvenience. We are making several procedural changes in an attempt to make this process less onerous.

Once the administrative processing is complete, we will contact you.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. To serve you better, we suggest that you email further inquiries to us at paknivquery@state.gov.

Sincerely,

Nonimmigrant Visa Unit

November 13, 2009

Thus far, this is all I have... and I try to refrain myself from calling DOS. Sometimes I say, I know what I'm going to hear so why should I call. However, once it hits the 3 month mark that is when I'm going to bother DOS or Islamabad insha'Allah lol

Don't worry Tara, insha'Allah your husband will get his visa because if the lady said once it is finished we will call you so that is promising.

From my knowledge, I know immigrant visa unit processes the application and non immigrant visa unit runs it over one more time and issues the visa there. The immigrant visa unit puts the decision on it though.

Hope this helps, keep us in your prayers... insha'Allah you will get the visa soon before you have the baby

Thanks alot. I appreciate it so much. We have been so worried and trying to contact them and whenever we speak to the lady there, she is never very nice. I was confused that one guy I spoke to around Thanksgiving was able to tell me that everything is fine and "Hopefully after Eid all will be clear". The next time we called is when they told us that they got the docs back from DOS, then 2 days later, they said they got the docs back from Non Immigrant to Immigrant. So, now whenever we ask, they are like "I dont know why anyone of my colleagues would take the time to tell you about the departments transferring your documents. All we can say is that its administrative processing and we will call you when it is finished." My husband asked the lady the other day if she at least could think that it may be done within the week since I have to go home being pregnant and all.. and she was like "I cant tell you that". SO.. we are stuck.. Just waiting for good news. I hope you all get your good news soon as well. Take care all. Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Dear Feisal.

Just want to share a good news with u guys that today I received my passport along with visa from American Express. Finally 2 & half month wait

is over. I got everything in Manila envelope which included my passport, another sealed manila envelope which clearly says do not to open and a congratulations letter.

I am very much happy and pray for rest of the VJ members to receive call like i did today. Just be patient and I hope this December will be turn out to lucky for everyone of us.

Humtum90

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Hopeful786 - What was the timeline of the person on the other board. I am approachin 120 days and still no luck - sux big time

their interview was in 2008, not sure of the exact date but i will post it up when I reread it... don't worry feisal insha'Allah we will all get out of this black hole just as our senior members did

omg humtum this is great news! but did you go through the embassy in islamabad?

ticker.png

Timeline

Humtum90 - congrats you got through AP in good time wish you all the best in life toghter and remember to keep us who are waiting in your prayers.

Hopeful786 - Yes i am in good spirits its just that AP needs to get over for me before Feb :)

N-400 Time

Timeline
Hopeful786 - What was the timeline of the person on the other board. I am approachin 120 days and still no luck - sux big time

their interview was in 2008, not sure of the exact date but i will post it up when I reread it... don't worry feisal insha'Allah we will all get out of this black hole just as our senior members did

omg humtum this is great news! but did you go through the embassy in islamabad?

Thanks Hopeful786. Yes I had interview on Sept 30th 2009 at ISL and they told me that if I dont hear anything in 3 months than I should contact them via email/phone.

Timeline

FEISAL; How did you get your Police Report. My wife is in Karachi and do they need to show anything to get the report i mean like a letter from NVC and a friend of mine told me here that we (i mean pakistani) have to get the report from our ISP. Is that correct. Can you please tell me how you got yours.

Timeline

Ok the interview of that person was during 2007

Humtum90 - congrats you got through AP in good time wish you all the best in life toghter and remember to keep us who are waiting in your prayers.

Hopeful786 - Yes i am in good spirits its just that AP needs to get over for me before Feb :)

same here! I want this AP to be over before Feb as well

ticker.png

Timeline

Ishazi : Just ask you wife to go to the local police station near her house collect the forms, fill and attach all the documents requested and yes if a print out of the letter can be taken that would be good but not necessary - Either way you have to give them money to have it done on time or they will delay it forever.

Good Luck

N-400 Time

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats HumTum. We are still waiting for Zaheer's too. We had our interview in Nov 2nd. It has been almost 8 work weeks since then. I know it is not much, but I am trying to keep my hopes up. I will leave for USA on saturday. it is very hard for me to leave my husband behind after being with him for almost 1.5 yrs here in Pakistan. But, I am worried about not being able to fly and any pregnancy complications that might arise. So, I am going to go home and finish all my medical paperwork and try to get our life started before Zaheer comes. I wish you all the best and hope that you all hear some good news soon as well. Insha'Allah.

Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Timeline
Congrats HumTum. We are still waiting for Zaheer's too. We had our interview in Nov 2nd. It has been almost 8 work weeks since then. I know it is not much, but I am trying to keep my hopes up. I will leave for USA on saturday. it is very hard for me to leave my husband behind after being with him for almost 1.5 yrs here in Pakistan. But, I am worried about not being able to fly and any pregnancy complications that might arise. So, I am going to go home and finish all my medical paperwork and try to get our life started before Zaheer comes. I wish you all the best and hope that you all hear some good news soon as well. Insha'Allah.

Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

I hope you have a safe flight insha'Allah with no health complications. Insha'Allah I hope you hear some good news by then

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ALHAMDULILLAH

my Interview experience was very good . CO was a very nice and polite lady , she asked me almost 20 Questions but didnt asked about any document or wedding pics

and after that she said those magical words , Congrats ur visa is granted u will bet ur Passport back in a week and u can collect that from AMEX

OH MY GOD

what was the time

we were mentally prepared for the AP but ALHAMDULLILAH I m not in AP

thx to all of u for ur support

ALLAH BLESS U ALL

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2009-03-21

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-25 ALHAMDULILLAH ALLAH IS GREATEST

I-130 NOA2 hard copy: 2009-08-29

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received/case number assigned : 2009-09-04

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-11 (online)

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-12 (by email)

DS-3032 accepted : 2009-09-26

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-09-29

Login Failed : 2009-10-26

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-10-28

Interview date : 2009-12-16 APPROVED ALHAMDULILLAH

Visa Received : 2009-12-24

Port of Entry (Houston):2010-01-28 VerySmooth ALHAMDULILLAH

Welcome notice arrived:2010-02-16

Green Card Arrived : 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Package sent to VSC : 2011-12-03

NOA1 received : 2011-12-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.