ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations Ali.. start looking for the flights :-)

Lonely.. yayyy Congratz... when is your husband coming?

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Waiting4approval :) Well he hasnt goten his ticket yet monday probably he will go and check out the prices and airlines since i want him to come from Chicago so let see i'll let u guys know :)

Edited by Lonely heart

Timeline

Tickets are booked for September 9th travelling Emirates inshaAllah..... thats the earliest he got at 76k but totally totally worth it!!!!

I love the date 9/9/09 :D

11 days to go inshaAllah....

USCIS

NVC

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

.png

Timeline

yeah Emirates is one airline taht I didnt even look at because of expensive tickets and cheap service but this was the only one available before the weekend of 12th so he just went ahead with it.. I hope his experience turns out better than mine!

I must sleep now.. it's been 3 nights of not so proper sleep and my boss may send me home tomorrow if I showed up at work with glossy red eyes!!!

USCIS

NVC

.png

Timeline

Salam and Thanks to all of you.. Visa in Hand...and my wife bought a ticket of Etihad Airways.. from Karachi to New York..(Sept 12th) Well Thanks for all of you .. Congrats to L179 and Waitingforapproval ,

Waitingforapproval! Is he coming to NY? Can we meet there? my wife would be there too.. Again Thanks to all of you guys... Part-1 Journey concluded, INSHALLAH you guys will get success too to get you spouses and relatives...Thanks Allah Hafiz

HAQUE

Timeline

Congratz... that was quick mashaAllah :-)

Yep my husband is arriving at JFK.. would like to meet but he is arrivig on the 9th and your wife is coming on the 12th.. right!?!? JFK is about 5 hours drive from the place where I live in MA so I don't think hubs will be travelling such long drives anytime soon :D

We might be moving to TX in a year or so (he is a chemical engineer and thats where the jobs are) so we might see you there :)

USCIS

NVC

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband got his visa! After being put on AP for about 2 months and 26 days I believe!Looks like islamabad is rollingggggg. Thanks for all the help and good luck to everyone who is still on AP! Does anyone know of any good airline deals? so far the cheapest I found was Qatar? I hear there service isnt that great?

Timeline

Congratulations.. with airline deals it's all about how quick you want him here and how lucky are you to find a good deal..here are the quotes that we got from different travel agents in Islamabad

Gulf for Sept. 8th..69k

Emirates for 9th.. 76k

Etihad for 12th.. 71k

Qatar for 12th.. 56k

PIA for 12th 69k

but then these are the dates that we were looking.. if you move forward another week or two, you can find ticklets between 50-60k without an problem.

He didn't choose Gulf because he likes dubai better... hehe no because price difference wasn't big and lay over time was longer :-)

We didn't go for 12th because I have heard that JFK is pretty busy on weekends so first time immigrants shall enter on weekdays.. not that it would make a big difference but may be a bit faster than a Saturday or Sunday!

USCIS

NVC

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

http://administrativeprocessing.blogspot.c...ck-program.html

I thought this was interesting to read... I don't know if it has happened to you all, but I have to say this journey has really educated me on the immigration procedures of my nation. I guess when you are in the situation, you are aware of how busy the U.S.A. is just to keep its citizens safe from any potential harm, and how the U.S.A. continues to serve the needs of its citizens and satisfy them (decrease of time frame for AP).

There are things that I never looked into or thought I would look into up until a few months ago. Day by day I just get more intrigued by it and stimulates a new interest in me. I work at a public library and I'm always reading books on Immigration guidelines and educating myself during my spare time. It just amazes me how enduring a journey and the distance from your loved one can educate one aside from building trust, patience, and faith.

Btw, AP is not only done on just pending non/immigrants, but citizens who are applying for a salary based job (on the books), volunteering for the community, applying for college or any educational institution and I'm pretty sure there are other categories in which AP is mandated.

Another interesting topic: http://administrativeprocessing.blogspot.c...e-backlogs.html

I'm not sure how accurate this website is, but the information seems logically rational.

Edited by Hopeful786

ticker.png

Timeline

Truly interesting. Did not know citizens would fall into the AP category as well.

However....as long as the process is quick and speedy, i don't think anyone would have a problem.

Its just the lengthy waiting period that we all dread.

Otherwise its a piece of cake.

My husband got his visa! After being put on AP for about 2 months and 26 days I believe!Looks like islamabad is rollingggggg. Thanks for all the help and good luck to everyone who is still on AP! Does anyone know of any good airline deals? so far the cheapest I found was Qatar? I hear there service isnt that great?

congratulations flowerpower....

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
http://administrativeprocessing.blogspot.c...ck-program.html

I thought this was interesting to read... I don't know if it has happened to you all, but I have to say this journey has really educated me on the immigration procedures of my nation. I guess when you are in the situation, you are aware of how busy the U.S.A. is just to keep its citizens safe from any potential harm, and how the U.S.A. continues to serve the needs of its citizens and satisfy them (decrease of time frame for AP).

There are things that I never looked into or thought I would look into up until a few months ago. Day by day I just get more intrigued by it and stimulates a new interest in me. I work at a public library and I'm always reading books on Immigration guidelines and educating myself during my spare time. It just amazes me how enduring a journey and the distance from your loved one can educate one aside from building trust, patience, and faith.

Btw, AP is not only done on just pending non/immigrants, but citizens who are applying for a salary based job (on the books), volunteering for the community, applying for college or any educational institution and I'm pretty sure there are other categories in which AP is mandated.

Another interesting topic: http://administrativeprocessing.blogspot.c...e-backlogs.html

I'm not sure how accurate this website is, but the information seems logically rational.

My head started to spin after reading the links, or maybe cuz its 100 degrees here in pakistan and im fasting...hope this AP thing ends soon for everyone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I read in another post that AP for K-1 takes longer than K-3? Is that true?... I think not because they are both in the IV category, only difference is the AOS and Green Card is produced for K-3... any say on this?

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.