ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ATK, any news from AMEX for your husband's passport?

Sent I-130 to Vermont SC 05-30-2008

NOA 1 06-03-2008

Case Transferred to California SC 11-14-2008

NOA2 ........................ 12/11/2008

AOS fee.....................01/15/2009

Case completed..............05/10/2009

Interview Islamabad Embassy........................06/24/2009 AP :(

They told me to wait Min 6 Weeks and no limit for Max

Received call from ISL Embassy 08/25/2009 to submit passport

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

"]Link for Spreadsheet list of AP applicants at ISL/PAK

Timeline

I called again (more like my co workers asked me to call again because taht's how depressed I looked) and I got a very nice lady... Once I gave my case number, she said.. "didn't you call an hour ago?" I said "yeah but the other operator has left me very confused and upset so I am calling again to double check" I explained the situation to her and she said, "File STAYS in Islamabad until they decide to refuse the visa so yes your file is still in Islamabad, investigation CAN happen in Washington and not every case requires taht.. in some cases, embassy is only checking teh police certificates, etc. etc.. and your case is in Islamabad" Most of it didnt make sense to me but since she was a very polite lady, I didn't argue with her.. I asked her if she could tell me about the final review or anything like that.. she said no I don't have that information here..She also mentioned that usually the embassy clears everything before the information gets updated in our system so as soon as your husband would receive the call from them, you would know it's over!

Am I happy with the response? NO but would I just let it go today and call again tomorrow? YES

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

As MaryandMian mentioned, AP can certainly mean a lot of things. It is a vague investigation, vague in its location. It can be a field investigation, document verification, or just a simple name check which would be required to go through Washington, so if your case is at ISL, it's a possibility that it is just a verification of the relationship, or forms, or a field investigation.

ticker.png

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thnx every one. :dance:

my wife called today isl emb. they said they have sent it on tuesday. she called amex but they dint recieve it yet. now tomorrow independence day or i can say tricky partition day, so evething will be closed. we hope now inshaAllah she will get visa in her hand on monday. :dance:

cant wait to hold my baby boy in my hands after long time.

waiting 4 approval.

looks like you r close to the visa call inshaAllah. ISL is back on feet now. ;) dont worry. inshaAllah you will get a good call soon too. more we wait, more you get fruits later.

Good luck to all including myself.

keep praying. Allah (swt) is giving us all a chance to turn to him and bow down and ask his forgiveness and mercy on us all. He is the greatest he is most merciful.

sometimes we, in great anger or depression , get so much disappointed that we mgiht say some improper words (kufr)or etc. that we have to be careful.

Allah (swt) is with those who are patient. may Allah make it easy on all going through this. Aameen.

ALLAH U AKBAR

VISA IN HAND ON SATURDAY AUG 15TH 09. THANKS TO ALLAH (SWT) VERY SHORT AP. WITHIN 23 DAYS OF AP GOT VISA IN HAND. MASHA ALLAH TA'ALA.

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU WITH YOUR AP JOURNEY AND YOUR LIFE PARTNER.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-01

I-130 Approved : 2009-02-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-05-18

Interview Date : 2009-07-22

Embassy kept my wife's passport and said its not approved but have to go through AP. min 6 weeks to infinite.. :( .

been more than 2 n Half year since first applied for her K1. than had to marry in pak in feb 08. so K1 became invalid as per ACS Islamabad. Had to start I130 process again from U.S. than my son was born in nov 2008 and Thanks to Allah ta'ala azzawajal I got his U.S. citizenship and passport through C.R.B. from Karachi consulate...

having strong evidence like my son's U.S. passport i dont know why they put my wife's visa under AP.

Oh Allah ! help me and all of us in visa's journey and have patience in meantime. Aameen.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 256 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 416 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Timeline

truthonlyplz and Hopeful786... I really wish this is exactly what it is.. close to ber over and done with but that would be just a false hope.. nothing is certain until my husband is here! Every step that I took in immigration has been a hurdle except the NVC part so I don't know how to stay positive and steadfast!

Thanks for the well wishes!

USCIS

NVC

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

.png

Timeline
truthonlyplz and Hopeful786... I really wish this is exactly what it is.. close to ber over and done with but that would be just a false hope.. nothing is certain until my husband is here! Every step that I took in immigration has been a hurdle except the NVC part so I don't know how to stay positive and steadfast!

You are right, until your husband comes here you will always be anxious and worrying all the time.

Think of it this way, you guys are practically done with immigration, the interview was passed everything is done... all that is left is AP and that is it. Don't worry about where your case is at right now, be happy that a lot of people have been recently getting out of AP in a matter of 2 weeks to 3 months.

Edited by Hopeful786

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You are right, until your husband comes here you will always be anxious and worrying all the time.

Think of it this way, you guys are practically done with immigration, the interview was passed everything is done... all that is left is AP and that is it. Don't worry about where your case is at right now, be happy that a lot of people have been recently getting out of AP in a matter of 2 weeks to 3 months.

Your Right hope i think the same way,I mean for me everything is done and i had so many hurdles to come this far.... and IA i will be out of AP very soon.... :)

Patience is a great virtue, and we have yet some time. We have to communicate with great care to ensure that renegades do not plot against the survival of the Zombies ... :devil:

Edited by Omark

Timeline

[quote name='Hopeful786' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:32 AM' post='3214358'

and this is exactly what saddens me the most.. interview is supposed to be the last step for the rest of the world but just because of our "country of origin" we have to endure the pain of AP.. I have a history of 33 months of AP for myself with USCIS so it just scares the heck out of me.. I can't wait for this ordeal to be over now!

oh well, since we were told 2-3months, I shall not worry until after 3 months but I guess I have had enough of being patient :$

USCIS

NVC

.png

Timeline

I will keep you all in my duas to give you all patience as well as myself and hopefully before ramadan, you and your spouses/fiances can reunite. And if you don't reunite by then, the only thing that I can think of is, at least you know what your Eid gift will be insha'Allah lol

ticker.png

Timeline

Salam to all of you and Happy Independence Day to all Pakistanis... Well My wife has an interview in Islamabad INSHALLAH on Aug 25th 2009, please pray for her... INSHALLAH she would get success.. I am praying all of you guys for better results and INSHALLAH everyone would get positive results of Interview Thanks

HAQUE

Timeline

haquetalha - best of luck....

waitingforapproval - I truly understand what you mean. Ops at DOS seems to have a very dead ended conversation. They kinda leave you with nothing to say except...ok thankyou!! LOL So much for paying taxes! I called the USEM and they said AP pending (two days ago) then i called the DOS yesterday and all she said was, there has been no change since you called the embassy two days ago. So what could I say? Ok thank you!

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
haquetalha - best of luck....

waitingforapproval - I truly understand what you mean. Ops at DOS seems to have a very dead ended conversation. They kinda leave you with nothing to say except...ok thankyou!! LOL So much for paying taxes! I called the USEM and they said AP pending (two days ago) then i called the DOS yesterday and all she said was, there has been no change since you called the embassy two days ago. So what could I say? Ok thank you!

Our record indicates that the case is still pending under administrative process and we will contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process. Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted.

I hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you required any further inquiry.

AP is like an energizer bunny :)

Timeline

i met someone in emirates office we went there to book a flight for my cousin and we met a person who was recently approve and he told me that his ap was for only 17 days but his visa printing process took more then a month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.