MayaLar

Question about NBI clearance

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I would like to inquire if I need to request both for a maiden name and married name for an NBI clearance? My previous marriage was legally terminated and decision was granted year 2007.

Thank you in advance!!! (F)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

Hello Everyone!

I would like to inquire if I need to request both for a maiden name and married name for an NBI clearance? My previous marriage was legally terminated and decision was granted year 2007.

Just for assurance....go get both :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Mariel..... :)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

Hi!

How about in my case, im already widowed.should i have a NBI clearance under my previous married name or in my single name now?

u need to have both.. previous married name in alias then your single name now

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Hello Everyone!

Mi Amiga! :=) This is how my name appeared on my NBI clearance to note my termination of previous marriage through presumptive death petition:

LASTNAME (My maiden name) VDA DE (Married Name), NAME y MIDDLE NAME.

Please check the NBI seal on the lower left side of the paper. I took my NBI clearance in the province and the officer forgot to stamp the dry seal on it which prompted me to visit NBI Carriedo, Mla day before my interview. I took the chance of getting the same using my maiden name. Use black ink for the thumbmark. On my interview, I gave the one with VDA DE only and had no problem. But to be safe, just have the same with your maiden name on it. Bring the court papers with you when you visit NBI, they will or might ask the said from you. They did in my case. Have all your papers current, to be safe, I had mine 6 months :=) paranoid kasi ako hi hi.

Hey! email me if you've got some Qs.. u know where to caught me..:=)

Regards and God Bless always... Keep in touch!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi martheena!

Thanks for sharing. now i know what to do with my NBI.same as u, i also got my certificate under my maiden name, but i need to have the 1 with viuda thing.

God bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.