Phoemela

My Visa Interview June 22, 2009

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is already 2am and my eyes were up already probably because partly I am excited and thrilled. I went over to my paper works and prepare myself. I wanted to be full whenever I will be there I dont want to starve so I eat. Then, I proceeded to the USEM I got there at exactly 4:45 am. There are lots of people that are there already. Just to remind everybody that liquids and electronic devices are not allowed in the USEM. Since, I was able to bring my USB with me, a liquid liniment and a lip balm, there are people in there who will take care of them in exchange of a little amount of money. I did trust a woman and let her care for those little things that I have, she asked for a hundred but I haggled half of it.

All the K1,K2,K3 and immigrants that were scheduled @7am were called that was around 6:30. We lined-up, they asked my appointment letter and the letter of the embassy. They asked me of some ID since what was reflected on the letter from the embassy was my maiden name, I was married and I didn't change that one but I am annulled and I told the guard about it and he let me in. We went into a scanner. Our papers like the DS156, 156K for (Fiancees) and 157 were checked REMINDER: Don't leave any questions blank they will not issue you a ticket number when others are blank, put N/A if its not applicable.

I have my number, you just have to be mindful in your number, the numbers that was given is called in random. I get my finger print and a little bit later, proceeded with a very accommodating pre-screener, she is Filipina, she asked for my NBI, Original copy of my Birth Certificate and my annulment papers. Asked for my partner's affidavit of support, ITR of 2008 which I also offered to give them the 2007 since he didn't make it to the threshold level of the poverty line. I never opened-up for the co-sponsor thing, but told them that he is currently working and is having a stable, full time job. Since, she saw that my partner has a low income, she then asked question on me. She asked what degree did I finished, I told her I have 2. She asked what do I do for a living, I told her that I worked for United Airlines as there RSSR for more than a year, but had to resign as what my partner recommended since I was away from my family and kids and he shouldered everything. I told her, before that job I do teach and work as a researcher in a government agency. She write everything about me to help support my partner. She asked for letters, emails, and pictures. I bring a lot of pictures, I pasted some with my parents on it, my granny's and my aunts and cousins. His artworks of me, and his daughters'. She asked where did we met, when did he came, how many times he came, the last time I saw him. Everything was documented.

I had to sit down and wait for my number to flash, and in about 10 minutes of waiting, I am up for my final interview: The Consul, while waiting outside, my heart beats so fast, my hands feel so numb, my legs were shaking. I saw one of my acquaintances there who was a simple woman, too. She gave me a big smile and it feel me a little ease, I smiled to other people but I guess they are nervous, too. So, the woman before me went out, when I get in, it is a male consul, probably in his late 20's or early 30's, he was still typing and he asked for me to wait. He is very polite. Then, after a couple of mins he was done with the previous case and he looks into my folder. He greeted me both in English and Filipino, I feel a little comfortable that he was accommodating, too. He let me swear that whatever I say in there are truth and let me raise my right hand.

My questions:

Where did you met? I said online

What year was that? March 2006

When did he came to visit? July 2007

When was his last visit?March 2008

When was the last time I saw him? March 20, 2008

What does he do for a living? Social worker

Tell me about ur annulment, how long was the process? more than 15 months

Who is your psychologist? I wasnt able to answer it

Who is your lawyer? I had his name interchange because I was nervous, he asked this question so fast about the lawyer and the psychologist, lol.

Tell me about his family.

Why are you not bringing your kids with you? I wanted to be settled first and adjust to my life in there, the environment.

He said if I wanted to work in there? I said enthusiastically, ABSOLUTELY!

He said do you have 2 hands, (I let him repeat the question for me), he repeated so kindly and friendly like laughing and serious in the end part, Do you have 2 hands and I raise but my hands and I said YES! and this is what he told me that astonishes me----> BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WORKING IN AMERICA!

I don't know what is meant by that, but I already have a clue on it, I just don't want to disclose it into my mind, because he might be joking.

He asked if I do have relatives, families in the US? I said, No, he then said sarcastically like are you the only one person living in this country in this world with that last name. I said confidently like this, well, there might be some people who have the same last name as mine, but that doesn't mean that they are my relatives. We might just have the same last name and that's it.

He told me about what to do with my kids while working there and getting them here. He was a talkative friendly and professional person, he knows his job very well and find it a very substantive information that he shared with me regarding my kids.

In the end of this, he looked into my papers and havn't find anything wrong on it. He then told: that My visa is approved, and I hope I have a safe trip. I don't know what to feel, but thank him greatly on the outcome. Finally, I made it. We both made it my partner and me.

I hope this will help some of the other couples there that losses their hope in the process. I will say, There is nothing to afraid if you really are being truthful, you are really being sincere with a genuine love to each other. I say, that was a miracle that was given to me and both of my partner and me are blessed!

Filed: Timeline
It is already 2am and my eyes were up already probably because partly I am excited and thrilled. I went over to my paper works and prepare myself. I wanted to be full whenever I will be there I dont want to starve so I eat. Then, I proceeded to the USEM I got there at exactly 4:45 am. There are lots of people that are there already. Just to remind everybody that liquids and electronic devices are not allowed in the USEM. Since, I was able to bring my USB with me, a liquid liniment and a lip balm, there are people in there who will take care of them in exchange of a little amount of money. I did trust a woman and let her care for those little things that I have, she asked for a hundred but I haggled half of it.

All the K1,K2,K3 and immigrants that were scheduled @7am were called that was around 6:30. We lined-up, they asked my appointment letter and the letter of the embassy. They asked me of some ID since what was reflected on the letter from the embassy was my maiden name, I was married and I didn't change that one but I am annulled and I told the guard about it and he let me in. We went into a scanner. Our papers like the DS156, 156K for (Fiancees) and 157 were checked REMINDER: Don't leave any questions blank they will not issue you a ticket number when others are blank, put N/A if its not applicable.

I have my number, you just have to be mindful in your number, the numbers that was given is called in random. I get my finger print and a little bit later, proceeded with a very accommodating pre-screener, she is Filipina, she asked for my NBI, Original copy of my Birth Certificate and my annulment papers. Asked for my partner's affidavit of support, ITR of 2008 which I also offered to give them the 2007 since he didn't make it to the threshold level of the poverty line. I never opened-up for the co-sponsor thing, but told them that he is currently working and is having a stable, full time job. Since, she saw that my partner has a low income, she then asked question on me. She asked what degree did I finished, I told her I have 2. She asked what do I do for a living, I told her that I worked for United Airlines as there RSSR for more than a year, but had to resign as what my partner recommended since I was away from my family and kids and he shouldered everything. I told her, before that job I do teach and work as a researcher in a government agency. She write everything about me to help support my partner. She asked for letters, emails, and pictures. I bring a lot of pictures, I pasted some with my parents on it, my granny's and my aunts and cousins. His artworks of me, and his daughters'. She asked where did we met, when did he came, how many times he came, the last time I saw him. Everything was documented.

I had to sit down and wait for my number to flash, and in about 10 minutes of waiting, I am up for my final interview: The Consul, while waiting outside, my heart beats so fast, my hands feel so numb, my legs were shaking. I saw one of my acquaintances there who was a simple woman, too. She gave me a big smile and it feel me a little ease, I smiled to other people but I guess they are nervous, too. So, the woman before me went out, when I get in, it is a male consul, probably in his late 20's or early 30's, he was still typing and he asked for me to wait. He is very polite. Then, after a couple of mins he was done with the previous case and he looks into my folder. He greeted me both in English and Filipino, I feel a little comfortable that he was accommodating, too. He let me swear that whatever I say in there are truth and let me raise my right hand.

My questions:

Where did you met? I said online

What year was that? March 2006

When did he came to visit? July 2007

When was his last visit?March 2008

When was the last time I saw him? March 20, 2008

What does he do for a living? Social worker

Tell me about ur annulment, how long was the process? more than 15 months

Who is your psychologist? I wasnt able to answer it

Who is your lawyer? I had his name interchange because I was nervous, he asked this question so fast about the lawyer and the psychologist, lol.

Tell me about his family.

Why are you not bringing your kids with you? I wanted to be settled first and adjust to my life in there, the environment.

He said if I wanted to work in there? I said enthusiastically, ABSOLUTELY!

He said do you have 2 hands, (I let him repeat the question for me), he repeated so kindly and friendly like laughing and serious in the end part, Do you have 2 hands and I raise but my hands and I said YES! and this is what he told me that astonishes me----> BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WORKING IN AMERICA!

I don't know what is meant by that, but I already have a clue on it, I just don't want to disclose it into my mind, because he might be joking.

He asked if I do have relatives, families in the US? I said, No, he then said sarcastically like are you the only one person living in this country in this world with that last name. I said confidently like this, well, there might be some people who have the same last name as mine, but that doesn't mean that they are my relatives. We might just have the same last name and that's it.

He told me about what to do with my kids while working there and getting them here. He was a talkative friendly and professional person, he knows his job very well and find it a very substantive information that he shared with me regarding my kids.

In the end of this, he looked into my papers and havn't find anything wrong on it. He then told: that My visa is approved, and I hope I have a safe trip. I don't know what to feel, but thank him greatly on the outcome. Finally, I made it. We both made it my partner and me.

I hope this will help some of the other couples there that losses their hope in the process. I will say, There is nothing to afraid if you really are being truthful, you are really being sincere with a genuine love to each other. I say, that was a miracle that was given to me and both of my partner and me are blessed!

congrats!! and happy trip!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your interview experience with us. Good luck and have a safe travel.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Congrats!!! :dance:

AOS from K3
07/05/2011 – AOS Package Sent (USPS Express Mail)
07/06/2011 – USCIS Received Package (Signed for by J C)

07/11/2011 – Got a text message and email from USCIS

07/11/2011 – Check Cashed

07/12/2011 - Touched
07/16/2011 – Hard Copy NOA1 for AOS & EAD (dated 07/10/2011)
07/18/2011 – Received Biometrics Letter (Scheduled for 08/10/2011)
07/26/2011 – Successful Biometrics Walk-in
08/04/2011 - RFE (according to USCIS website)
08/08/2011 - RFE Received in the mail
09/15/2011 - RFE Response
09/16/2011 - RFE Received by NBC (Signed for by M Sievers)
09/20/2011 - RFE Response Review
10/11/2011 - Interview Letter Received
10/19/2011 - EAD Card Production (Yehey!)
10/27/2011 - EAD in the mail (Thanks God!)
10/28/2011 - Applied SSN
11/03/2011 - Received my SSN!
11/14/2011 - Interview. GC Approved! Card Production Ordered!(Thanks God!)
11/18/2011 - Post Decision Activity (according to USCIS website)
11/21/2011 - GC in hands!!! (Permanent Resident) (Very Happy!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

N-400 Citizenship

Eligibility: 3 Years
Window Open: 08/16/2014

08/20/2014 - N-400 Sent to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Mail) (Day 1)

08/21/2014 - Delivered signed for by P Carney (Day 2)

08/26/2014 - Received email case has been accepted / Check cashed (Day 7)

08/30/2014 - Received NOA (Day 11)

09/06/2014 - Received Biometrics Letter (Day 18)

09/16/2014 - Biometrics (Day 28)

10/04/2014 - Received Yellow Letter (Day 46)

10/14/2014 - In Line for Interview (Day 56)

10/16/2014 - Scheduled for Interview (Day 58)

10/20/2014 - Received Interview Letter (Day 62)
11/20/2014 - Interview and Oathtaking (Day 93)

Thanks God! I am now a U.S. Citizen
IOlum4.png

OEnlm4.png

Timeline
congrats!! wish i'd get that consul in my interview. he sounds nice.

Just to let you know, he is handsome, too. But, I love my own, my partner is more handsome than him,lol. Thank you. :)

Congrats!!! :dance:

Thank you, Star!

Thank you, sojen and Scotty's girl. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS PHOEM....u did a great job there and u deserve it!!!!

i am very happy to read this interview session of urs with the consul ...i found some useful hints coz i am also annulled....got the idea now..thanks so much....

have a safe trip ahead...

daisy and lane

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

Timeline

i am very happy to read this interview session of urs with the consul ...i found some useful hints coz i am also annulled....got the idea now..thanks so much....

daisy and lane

Good Job! Congrats!! and have a safe trip.. Thanks for sharing your interview experience :-)

01/26/09 : Application Received

04/30/09 : Application Approved

05/04/09 : NOA2 Received

05/23/09 : Letter from embassy Received

07/13/09 : Medical Exam @ St Luke

07/30/09 : Interview Schedule

08/04/09 : Visa Received

12/09/09 : Husband's Arrival in the Philippines

12/19/09 : Pre-nuptial Banquet in the Philippines

01/06/10 : Flight to US with my husband

01/07/10 : US Arrival , Chicago as POE

03/18/10 : Wedding Day!!!! :-)

07/12/10 : Medical Exam by US Civil Surgeon

08/18/10 : Day 1 Sent AOS Package

08/21/10 : Day 3 AOS Package Received by USCIS Chicago LockBox

08/31/10 : Day 13 Check Cashed

09/07/10 : Day 20 Received Biometrics Appointment

09/22/10 : Day 35 Biometrics Schedule

09/23/10 : Day 36 AOS and EAD touched :-)

09/27/10 : Day 40 Received Transfer Notice

10/18/10 : Day 61 EAD Card Production and Travel Document approved

10/25/10 : Day 68 EAD Card Received

11/08/10 : Day 82 PR Card Received Validity 10/25/10-10/25/12 :-)

Congratulations and have a safe trip.

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Timeline

Congratulations to you and your partner. Have a safe trip to the States. Mike n Karen

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Timeline

daisy and lane

This is one of the reason why I posted this thread to help those who thinks that hope is lost in them. Thank you for reading, I am happy to be of great help to you. Wish you good luck!

Phoem

Congratulations to you and your partner. Have a safe trip to the States. Mike n Karen

Thank you, MikenKyhen!

congrats....

Thank you, Candy_Vince!

Congratulations and have a safe trip.

Thank you. :)

:dance: Congrats!!! Stories like yours help give the rest of use strength and patience to get through this process.

Have a wonderful life together!

Thank you, Manuel y Kathy. This is my aim of helping other couples. Thank you for reading. :)

congratulations, thanks for sharing

Thank you, I hope this helps. :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!! :dance:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.