journeyingwithyou

denial of Medical history

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everyone, I need help. I'm joy, a K1 visa applicant who's now about to go through medical examinations.

I am aware that I was given TB medicines while abroad. Since it's not an English speaking country, I wasn't really sure. The doctor who prescribed didn't talk to me about my physical situation but I know I took medicines like miambutol,phenombutol etc... at least 5 kinds.

The only thing now is that I don't have any of those medical records and I don't even know how to go back to that doctor anymore..It's abroad and I lost contact with those people responsible for the human trafficking that happened to me.

Can I just deny this medical history since if Saint Luke's M.C will ask me of the records, I can't get any.^^

Will they find out that I took those medicines so i will be found out?

I had lymphatic TB i guess. I'm not really sure but the medication took 6 months and it's been 7 years ago since the last medication.

Help me please....Should I lie or tell them about this?

Worried,

joy

Edited by journeyingwithyou

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Harlingen TX

Date Filed : 2009-12-10

NOA Date : 2009-12-22

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : April 27, 2010

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : April 27, 2010

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: May 28, 2010

Filed: Timeline

Everyone, I need help. I'm joy, a K1 visa applicant who's now about to go through medical examinations.

I am aware that I was given TB medicines while abroad. Since it's not an English speaking country, I wasn't really sure. The doctor who prescribed didn't talk to me about my physical situation but I know I took medicines like miambutol,phenombutol etc... at least 5 kinds.

The only thing now is that I don't have any of those medical records and I don't even know how to go back to that doctor anymore..It's abroad and I lost contact with those people responsible for the human trafficking that happened to me.

Can I just deny this medical history since if Saint Luke's M.C will ask me of the records, I can't get any.^^

Will they find out that I took those medicines so i will be found out?

I had lymphatic TB i guess. I'm not really sure but the medication took 6 months and it's been 7 years ago since the last medication.

Help me please....Should I lie or tell them about this?

Worried,

joy

[/quote

tb meds that are given to TB positive patients are ethambutol,rifampicin,INH, PZA and Vit B complex

I don't think it's a good idea to lie to the doctor regarding your medical history, if you received those medications then most likely you're cured already, SLEC will not fail you on your medical exam based on your past medical history, reasons that they don't give medical clearance are if you have any contagious disease(treated TB is not contagious anymore),and/or psychiatric disorders

for your peace of mind i would suggest you to have a Chext X-ray done before your medical examination at SLEC

yeah, get a chest xray, it is not expensive.

do not lie, if you are asked.. just tell them you got treated for something in xx country and tell them since this is not english speaking country that you weren't able to get records. they won't fail you because of past records.

oh, one last thing... Drink tons of milk, i think Alpine is still the prevailing brand that people suggest you drink.

good luck on the medicals

just be honest with slec about your medical history. you will undergo xray during the exams and if your previous TB case resulted in a scar in your lung, theyll let you do the 3 day sputum tests but nevertheless, you can be assured that youll come out negative since youve already undergone medications. however, if they dont find a scar, you'll pass the medical right away.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Timeline
just be honest with slec about your medical history. you will undergo xray during the exams and if your previous TB case resulted in a scar in your lung, theyll let you do the 3 day sputum tests but nevertheless, you can be assured that youll come out negative since youve already undergone medications. however, if they dont find a scar, you'll pass the medical right away.

THANKS A LOT FOR THE REPLY. ACTUALLY, IT WASN'T A TB OF THE LUNGS. IT WAS LYMPH RELATED. A LYMPH NODE GREW BIG ON MY NECK JUST BELOW MY RIGHT EAR 8 YEARS AGO. JUST INCLUDE ME IN YOUR PRAYERS PLEASE. MY SWEETIE WANTS ME TO FLY WITH HIM NEXT MONTH, JULY 21.

THANKS AGAIN!^_^

bE BLESSED!+.+

JOY

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Harlingen TX

Date Filed : 2009-12-10

NOA Date : 2009-12-22

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : April 27, 2010

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : April 27, 2010

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: May 28, 2010

Timeline

scrofula? just be honest, since you have been treated then you have nothing to worry about.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Timeline

That's true.. you just tell them what they ask you. if you don't have any problems with your xray then you have nothing to get worried about.

and about the milk, in my opinion, It's not true. I drank milk before my medical and I still undergone a medical treatment.

snxcq70j3.png

That's true.. you just tell them what they ask you. if you don't have any problems with your xray then you have nothing to get worried about.

and about the milk, in my opinion, It's not true. I drank milk before my medical and I still undergone a medical treatment.

i dont believe with the milk too...when i had my medical i never drink milk...actually i only heard about it here on vj...hehehehe...

coz if you really dont have any medical problems at all it wont be seen by the doctor...and if ever for other people drinking milk was effective then its like you were just trying to prevent yourself from being cured if you have medical problems that you dont know if the doctor didnt see it. its better to be honest not just for passing sake but also for your own health.

the "milk therapy" is not true. milk does not travel thru the lungs so it really doesnt erase any abnormality there.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.