Spiffdandy

Conflicting info in the guides ? - packet 4

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been approved and received my NOA2 and have just received the NVC letter stating everthing is being forwared to the embassy in Manilla. The letter is pretty much exactly like in the guides on this page. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=3918 .....its says in there that "Your fiance will soon receive a packet with instructions from the consular section on how to apply for the K1 Visa at that post and what documents will be required. "

this seems to be in direct conflict with whats in the guides where it say on this page http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129059 :

Packet 4 (Visa Preparation Instructions and Forms): The Packet 4 (Fiance(e) (K1/K2) Visa Applicants’ Interview Preparation Instructions) released in March 2008 is ONLY available via the Manial Embassy website in [ENGLISH] / [TAGALOG], which means that Packet 4 will NOT be mailed to the beneficiary. As indicated by the USE Confirmation Letter, K1 visa applicants are now responsible for scheduling their own visa interview. In addition, the beneficaries are responsible for obtaining Packet 4 and the visa applications online.

Am I missing something? Should I be calling the Manilla USE now ? Should I wait till she recieves this packet? ....according to the last paragraph will she even recieve a packet ? If someone can give me some CLEAR good advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Timeline
I have been approved and received my NOA2 and have just received the NVC letter stating everthing is being forwared to the embassy in Manilla. The letter is pretty much exactly like in the guides on this page. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=3918 .....its says in there that "Your fiance will soon receive a packet with instructions from the consular section on how to apply for the K1 Visa at that post and what documents will be required. "

this seems to be in direct conflict with whats in the guides where it say on this page http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129059 :

Packet 4 (Visa Preparation Instructions and Forms): The Packet 4 (Fiance(e) (K1/K2) Visa Applicants’ Interview Preparation Instructions) released in March 2008 is ONLY available via the Manial Embassy website in [ENGLISH] / [TAGALOG], which means that Packet 4 will NOT be mailed to the beneficiary. As indicated by the USE Confirmation Letter, K1 visa applicants are now responsible for scheduling their own visa interview. In addition, the beneficaries are responsible for obtaining Packet 4 and the visa applications online.

Am I missing something? Should I be calling the Manilla USE now ? Should I wait till she recieves this packet? ....according to the last paragraph will she even recieve a packet ? If someone can give me some CLEAR good advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I think now the forms need to be filled out online, then printed and signed. Your could also download the forms, and use a typewriter to fill them out. See this link for the best information:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Can someone please straight up answer if my fiancee will recieve a packet from the embassy?

The pinned guides here on VJ are woefully out of date. The most current information is available directly from the USEM website: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Most folks have already scheduled their medical and interview before they receive any corespondence from the Embassy.

Edited by Mister_Bill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank You Thank You Thank You Mr Bill. So am I safe to say .. I can start calling the Manilla USE and ask them if they have my case number in hand? and once they say they do .. at that time I can ask for an interview date?

Thank You Thank You Thank You Mr Bill. So am I safe to say .. I can start calling the Manilla USE and ask them if they have my case number in hand? and once they say they do .. at that time I can ask for an interview date?

It may take a few weeks for the file to transferred to the Embassy, and once it arrives at the Embassy, it will take a little longer to get an MNL number assigned to the case. The embassy does send out a letter once that is accomplished, but the letter will probably arrive well after the case is ready for scheduling. Hopefully, someone else who has recently been through the proccess will pick up the thread at this point, for exactly how long it is currently taking for the cases to be ready for scheduling.

Good luck.

Edited by Mister_Bill

OK I already have a MNL file number ... .does that mean I should go ahead and call the embassy for an interview date?

If has been a few weeks since the date of the NVC letter, why not? The worst that will happen is they will say try again in two weeks.

OK I already have a MNL file number ... .does that mean I should go ahead and call the embassy for an interview date?

my fiance receives his NOA 2 last april 21 stating that i will receive my packet within a week, but i got my packet from USEM last may may 22... so may 25 i called Embassy call center for my interview... the given schedule for my interview is june 16- 26, i chose june 18... 7am ...the call center emailed my confirmation letter and i print it out... june 18 i went at the embassy around 530am... fall in line before 6am...

i showed my appointment letter (with st. lukes stamp for my medical ) and confirmation number to the guard...

all completed application forms with answers already, 2 visa photographs, appointment letter n confirmation letter will be presented to the ticket booth for the beneficiary's number for interview

you'll be called together with your number for finger scanning

for pre screening, you'll submit the following:

birth certificate, NBI, CENOMAR, police clearance

evidence of support like affidavit of support, pay stubs, employment letter, ITR with W2,

seperate folders of pictures, 1folder for our pictures together, the other folder is our pictures together with his family, my family friends and relatives...

my other folder is my evidence of genuine relationship which includes, 2008- present chat logs, cards, emails, western union receipts, yahoo call ( i took a pic on it, hahaha)..

... then wait again to be called for final interview...

... then wait again for the pink slip at window 38 if ur visa has been approved

...go to air21 booth for the delivery of visa

.... regarding medical.. it would be best to have it 2 wks before the interview, just go to st. lukes anytime, i went there 1pm, they got 3visa photographs, passport, appointment letter and confirmation letter n bring of course medicalfee , 213 USD but payable in peso

.. so good luck n God bless us always

....... nweiz... i passed the interview last june 18, thanks God.... i'm waiting for my visa to delivered by air 21 nalang

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.