JelloShotGirl

importing car

4 posts in this topic

I would like to know if any expats or americans have experience shipping used car (over 10 years old) to RP. I heard all the rumors, that is expensive , u have to know someone at the port etc etc ...

but, I would just like the facts //or where I can get the info,

Thanks!

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

I would like to know if any expats or americans have experience shipping used car (over 10 years old) to RP. I heard all the rumors, that is expensive , u have to know someone at the port etc etc ...

Thanks!

i think we have the same scenario. we were planning to ship my first car to phil because its more suited in phil compared to the CO weather (its a convertible)... but as we were searching and been trying to ask friends who have done it, they said its not even worth it unless its your precious car and has sentimental value... they quoted us at least $5000 (plus some more tips for the custom for them to release it there w/ no problem)... now my old 93 mustang only cost $4200 when we bought it... so in the end we realized its better to buy one there than shipping one... hopefully somebody can share their experience also to compare...

edit to add: funny i was researching for related topics and i saw this one (not sure how accurate but better check it out)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_you_able_to_..._2000_Expeditio

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Thanks!

i think we have the same scenario. we were planning to ship my first car to phil because its more suited in phil compared to the CO weather (its a convertible)... but as we were searching and been trying to ask friends who have done it, they said its not even worth it unless its your precious car and has sentimental value... they quoted us at least $5000 (plus some more tips for the custom for them to release it there w/ no problem)... now my old 93 mustang only cost $4200 when we bought it... so in the end we realized its better to buy one there than shipping one... hopefully somebody can share their experience also to compare...

edit to add: funny i was researching for related topics and i saw this one (not sure how accurate but better check it out)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_you_able_to_..._2000_Expeditio

Yes,humors are right my dear! It's really expensive...My cousin ship a customized Honda hatchback for his Dragracing hobby.....he didnt gave me the exact amoutn on how much he paid..but he told me I can buy na daw a 2nd hand stock Car here in the Philippines...... :devil:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DONT DO IT.

Here are the rules. Pay attention to the bold.

MOTOR VEHICLES

The importation of privately owned vehicles (POV's) to the Philippines is very restrictive. The process is long, requires a great deal of paperwork, and a special import permit is required. This permit is available only in the Philippines, and can not be issued by an embassy or consulate office

CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE

Only returning Filipino residents and foreign embassy diplomats are allowed to import motor vehicles "Duty Free"

All motor vehicles must have an Import Authority Permit issued by the Philippine Bureau of Import Service before the vehicle is shipped.

Owner must have lived abroad for at least one year and car must have been registered in his name at least six months if the car is more than three years old, vehicles more than three years old should be registered under shippers name at least one year prior to application of the Import Permit

Failure to comply with above will result in PENALTIES AND CONFISCATION of vehicle

Auto must arrive within 60 days of customer's arrival

Destination Agent must be contacted prior to shipping any vehicles

All vehicles subject to taxes and duties

Gasoline-fueled cars limited to 2,800 cc not over 1,500 kgs

Right-hand driven vehicles not permitted

Only one vehicle allowed per family

Autos five years old or older not permitted

Banned/unauthorized motor vehicles subject to seizure; owner subject to penalties

Documents required:

Original Registration and proof of ownership

Import Permit from Department of Trade or Bureau of Import

Surety Bond

Original Bill of Sale

Original Passport

Certificate of arrival

Stencils of chassis/engine number

Deed of Sale or Commercial Invoice

Other documents, depending on customer's immigration status

They will always find a reason to apply penalties. In other worrds, without payment to the proper people it is not worth the trouble. There are vehilcles of all types and price range readily available here.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-06

I-129F Received: 2009-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-08

Check Cashed: 2009-04-10

I-129F NOA1: (hardcopy): 2009-04-14

I-129f NOA2: 2009-08-18

NVC received case: 2009-08-20

NVC shipped case: 2009-08-24

Medical: 2009-09-22

Interview Passed: 2009-10-08

Visa delivered: 2009-10-14

Flight to States: 2009-10-28

AOS

I-485 Sent: 2010-03-01

I-485 Received: 2010-03-04

Email Noticfication of receipt: 2010-03-11

Hard copy NOA receipt: 2010-03-20

I-485 Transferred to CSC: 2010-30-26

Biometrics scheduled: 2010-04-07

EAD Approved: 2010-05-07

EAD Received: 2010-05-29

AOS Approved: 2010-05-28

Green Card Received: 2010-06-17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.