Phoemela

College Credentials

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Is it okay to write all the schools I went into without any supporting papers that I enroll there? should they be needing those school papers, when I wasn't able to finish the other courses that I have had? It might help us and me a little to tell them that I will not be a burden of the state whenever I will be with my partner.

Thank you. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think anything relevant with you like school credential is in the least of important,what most important is that your fiance can able to support you and above the poverty lines,you will not be ask about school credentials in the interview if thats what you mean...

what being asked there is a cenomar,bc,nbi and an affidavit of support from your fiance, a school credential is a secondary evidence to match your personal information from your other paper...

Edited by gennyangel

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Hello Everyone,

Is it okay to write all the schools I went into without any supporting papers that I enroll there? should they be needing those school papers, when I wasn't able to finish the other courses that I have had? It might help us and me a little to tell them that I will not be a burden of the state whenever I will be with my partner.

Thank you. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Only write the most relevant schools or those schools that you have completed your course....

Others might have a different opinion... Starting several courses and not finishing them... it reflects a poor attitude... someone who could not finish their tasks....

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

I attended 5 colleges/universities and transferred back and forth on the said, took up and shifted 4 different courses, finished and graduated two bachelors. I put all of my school information as it is on my DS since our transcript of records can't hide the flow of our school entries unless otherwise one left the college without honorable dismissal from the latter, thus having an option to disclose it or not. For me, I would rather disclose every information that is needed from me than worry about being caught lying and its consequences. I remember on my interview, when i took my number from the 1st window, the lady giving out the numbers scrutinized my papers, smiled and said " you've got a long list of schools attended! how come?" ( I had it listed on a seperate sheet) I smiled back and explained. She just smiled and handed to me my number.

My immigration lawyer asked me to bring my TOR on the interview, (which I did)but no questions were asked related to this. It may be a case to case basis, at the end it is worth to bring all the necessary documents we deemed necessary to bring on the interview to ease our worries, worse is --further delays. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I attended 5 colleges/universities and transferred back and forth on the said, took up and shifted 4 different courses, finished and graduated two bachelors. I put all of my school information as it is on my DS since our transcript of records can't hide the flow of our school entries unless otherwise one left the college without honorable dismissal from the latter, thus having an option to disclose it or not. For me, I would rather disclose every information that is needed from me than worry about being caught lying and its consequences. I remember on my interview, when i took my number from the 1st window, the lady giving out the numbers scrutinized my papers, smiled and said " you've got a long list of schools attended! how come?" ( I had it listed on a seperate sheet) I smiled back and explained. She just smiled and handed to me my number.

My immigration lawyer asked me to bring my TOR on the interview, (which I did)but no questions were asked related to this. It may be a case to case basis, at the end it is worth to bring all the necessary documents we deemed necessary to bring on the interview to ease our worries, worse is --further delays. :)

I do have my TOR on my 1st degree, I don't have the other one. I do have units in my masters program but only attended 1 sem. I do have units earned in Associates in Nursing. Basically, I do have 2 courses and other miscellaneous units from my other inclinations. Thank you for your response. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.