Joan >3 Bob

Attitude Change to Live In The philippines

42 posts in this topic

Have any of you experienced meeting a Filipina and falling in love with her and discussing her moving to your country and marrying you and then right about when the petition is approved or shortly after she gets to your country she starts hinting to you about moving to the Philippines when you retire? But before that it was all about her saying she had NO problems moving to your country and marrying you and having a happy loving relationsahip forever? Seems like having you move to the Phils was in her mind all along and she only was agreeing to come to your country for as short as a time as possible. I have nothing against about moving there and actually have thought about it prior to her mentioning it but it just seems as if that was her plan all along and she never was truthful to me about it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Have any of you experienced meeting a Filipina and falling in love with her and discussing her moving to your country and marrying you and then right about when the petition is approved or shortly after she gets to your country she starts hinting to you about moving to the Philippines when you retire? But before that it was all about her saying she had NO problems moving to your country and marrying you and having a happy loving relationsahip forever? Seems like having you move to the Phils was in her mind all along and she only was agreeing to come to your country for as short as a time as possible. I have nothing against about moving there and actually have thought about it prior to her mentioning it but it just seems as if that was her plan all along and she never was truthful to me about it.

Life is full of surprise...Join the club !!!!!!!!!!!!

Life without surprises will be a dull life.....never a dull moment in my life for sure...

It doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't being truthful. you say she is dropping hints, so she must want to talk about it. communication is important to any relationship. discuss the issue with your wife...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't being truthful. you say she is dropping hints, so she must want to talk about it. communication is important to any relationship. discuss the issue with your wife...

exactlly... i dnt even understand why did he post that here..why not discuss with his wife?it's same thing like talkin behind the wife huh

Before we all JUMP on the poor man, for asking someone else opinion....he just seem to be genuinely surprised.

There is a period of time when moving to a new place/area called adjustment, adjustment to a new life, new world, new culture.

So don't be surprised if the other person in the beginning is talking about a world or culture that he/she more comfortable with.

As time progress, the issue may be irrelevant as get adjusted.... making friend ....accustomed to the new life...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Before we all JUMP on the poor man, for asking someone else opinion....he just seem to be genuinely surprised.

There is a period of time when moving to a new place/area called adjustment, adjustment to a new life, new world, new culture.

So don't be surprised if the other person in the beginning is talking about a world or culture that he/she more comfortable with.

As time progress, the issue may be irrelevant as get adjusted.... making friend ....accustomed to the new life...

:thumbs:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline

i read your post, my fiancee is from ph. i was the one that hint to her that i would like to move to ph when i turn 50 or so. I think after 10 years here in us, saving a few thousand a year for some time we could live in ph very well. quality of life there is great! only downside to usc is there are not many jobs. so i figure take care of the money part and live life carefree in ph!

like that plan or not?

exactlly... i dnt even understand why did he post that here..why not discuss with his wife?it's same thing like talkin behind the wife huh

I also wouldn't say that. it's an issue they have not discussed. there will be adjustments made as their relationship grows...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i read your post, my fiancee is from ph. i was the one that hint to her that i would like to move to ph when i turn 50 or so. I think after 10 years here in us, saving a few thousand a year for some time we could live in ph very well. quality of life there is great! only downside to usc is there are not many jobs. so i figure take care of the money part and live life carefree in ph!

like that plan or not?

Excellent idea. :thumbs:

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Timeline

like that plan or not?

sounds like a plan...good one actually

Timeline

i would still say to discuss it with his wife before even posting such as stuff...unless of course the wife said ..go ahead and post at vj and we'll see the people's opinion..i believe that there are stuff that u should discuss first at ur bedroom(and i mean discuss) and see really what ur wife is trying to tell u and also u can explain ur side to her and not talkin here(so to speak) behind the wife.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...still its not my business anywas hehhehehe if u want to let every one know that u are complainin behind ur wife..aw shucks

like that plan or not?

Not a bad plan at all....

we may have a choice of 2 in our case....my native country (not USA) or her native country...

and why not...maybe summer time in mine and Winter time in hers.....so we always basking in the sun!!!!

We can always dream.....cant we !!!

Maybe the wife is still missing her life in the Philippines. It's up to both of them where they want to settle. I don't think the issue is her not being truthful to him. Maybe (it's all maybe) the filipina is comparing life in the Philippines and here in the US. I don't see anything wrong here, she is just expressing what she feels. If she is thinking of retirement (I don't know her age) I think it's still a long time for her to take that into consideration. Things will still change as time goes and the issue should not affect their good relationship.

For me, it doesn't matter whether I will retire here in the US or in the Philippines. But since my husband will have a hard time adjusting there (because of the weather) I will stay where he is comfortable. My husband is my priority in life and of course my two kids (they like it here). Philippines will still be my native land and I will forever cherish my childhood life there.

Maybe the wife is still missing her life in the Philippines. It's up to both of them where they want to settle. I don't think the issue is her not being truthful to him. Maybe (it's all maybe) the filipina is comparing life in the Philippines and here in the US. I don't see anything wrong here, she is just expressing what she feels. If she is thinking of retirement (I don't know her age) I think it's still a long time for her to take that into consideration. Things will still change as time goes and the issue should not affect their good relationship.

For me, it doesn't matter whether I will retire here in the US or in the Philippines. But since my husband will have a hard time adjusting there (because of the weather) I will stay where he is comfortable. My husband is my priority in life and of course my two kids (they like it here). Philippines will still be my native land and I will forever cherish my childhood life there.

AMEN..... :thumbs:

i feel the same way luckymom, i always take my husbands needs into consideration.

to the OP: just talk to her about it and try to meet halfway. marriage is about compromise.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.