Matt & Jovy

What I (Pinay) do (don`t) and how he (Kano) does it...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have known each other for 6 years na (although we`d only been together in person for less than a hundred days, haha!) , we noticed lots of differences on how we do things... so here are the few things I can remember for now...

1. I use fork and spoon when eating while he uses fork and knife (see topic forum Filipino foods that my fiance kano doesnt like)

2. I use tabo at sabon (water and soap) after using toilet he uses tissue.

3. I remove my shoes before going inside and around the house he wears shoes inside the house.

4. I don`t give tips when eating in restaurants he always does give tips. Haha!

5. I don`t always follow traffic rules when driving (here in Phil, it`s just a suggestion, hehe) he does follow it and they`re not just rules.

6. I enjoy doing things for him (ironing his clothes, putting food on his plates or just being maasikaso) but he doesn`t like it. He prefer doing things with me (laundry, cooking, etc).

7. I don`t say thank you (salamat), excuse me, and other polite words that much but he does say those most of the time. Haha!

I am sure there are more that I forgot to list here but I want to know yours...

Met online (YM): 2003-07-31

First time we met in person (NAIA): 2007-08-23

2nd visit here in Phil: 2007-11-16

3rd visit here in Phil: 2007-12-28

4th visit here in Phil: 2008-11-09

Got engaged (El Nido, Palawan): 2008-11-16

5th visit here in Phil: 2008-12-29

Last time we saw each other: 2009-01-04

I-129F Sent: 2009-03-07

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-06-29

NVC received : 2009-07-06

Stuck at NVC for 29 days

Left NVC: 2009-08-05

Embassy received: 2009-08-10

Medical Exam : 2009-08-25/27 PASSED

6th visit here in Phil: 2009-09-19

Interview : 2009-09-22 PASSED

CFO Seminar : 2009-10-02

Flight : 2009-10-23

Married : 2009-11-06

Applied for AOS, EAD and travel permit: 2009-12-09

Biometric schedule: 2010-01-21

We have known each other for 6 years na (although we`d only been together in person for less than a hundred days, haha!) , we noticed lots of differences on how we do things... so here are the few things I can remember for now...

1. I use fork and spoon when eating while he uses fork and knife (see topic forum Filipino foods that my fiance kano doesnt like)

3. I remove my shoes before going inside and around the house he wears shoes inside the house.

5. I don`t always follow traffic rules when driving (here in Phil, it`s just a suggestion, hehe) he does follow it and they`re not just rules.

6. I enjoy doing things for him (ironing his clothes, putting food on his plates or just being maasikaso) but he doesn`t like it. He prefer doing things with me (laundry, cooking, etc).

7. I don`t say thank you (salamat), excuse me, and other polite words that much but he does say those most of the time. Haha!

:star: Bill doesn't like garlic on his food. He doesn't like me making gisa with bawang and sibuyas. He uses scallions or onions only. I like to eat my hamburger with bread, cheese and ketchup while eats his hamburger with salad and mustard. Cute no?

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

my hubby uses fork an knife too when eating but i cant do it, eating rice with fork, parang bitin kasi liit lang ng nakukuha ng fork...everytime we eat outsie they only give us fork and knife but i always ask for spoon and my hubby always laugh coz he says only babies use spoon...hehehehe..but i dont care heller.

when i was in pi everytime i use the toilet i really use tabo and sabon but then i got here i learn to use baby wipes...we dont use tissue coz its not good...baby wipes are good for that...we only use tissue for pee hehhehehehe.

my hubby doesnt really follow traffic rules...he likes to break rules.

i do give tips even when i was in pi but if the waiter or waitress doesnt do good service...ay zero talaga. hehehehhe...one time when me and my hubby went to eat in a restaurant in pi and my hubby asked the waitress how much she usually get in tips she then answered the lower tip we get is 100 pesos...and when we were done i told my hubby to leave her 5 pesos for tip...hehehhehehe..coz i didnt believe her..just trying to make money from my hubby kasi kano. hehehhehehe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i was in pi everytime i use the toilet i really use tabo and sabon but then i got here i learn to use baby wipes...we dont use tissue coz its not good...baby wipes are good for that...we only use tissue for pee hehhehehehe.

..just trying to make money from my hubby kasi kano. hehehhehehe.

Nice. Now I got an idea. I agree with you bout the baby wipes. I will use it na lang, too.

I agree with you. Some filipinos do take advantage when they see Kano. Most filipinos often think that all Kanos are rich. Haha! I remember one time while driving from Mall of Asia (Iam not sure the name of the road, basta near MOA and syempre ako ang driver cuz he didnt want to drive here in Phil), my fiance was sitting in the passenger seat, then a group of police stopped us pagka-right turn ko, bawal daw. We didn`t notice any sign na bawal ang right turn but we couldn`t argue with police...nagkaroon ng negotiation. At that time I couldn`t give my driver`s license cuz I need to use it for our vacation, so everything ends with a Php 3,000. Syempre they saw a Kano in my passenger seat....Haha!

Met online (YM): 2003-07-31

First time we met in person (NAIA): 2007-08-23

2nd visit here in Phil: 2007-11-16

3rd visit here in Phil: 2007-12-28

4th visit here in Phil: 2008-11-09

Got engaged (El Nido, Palawan): 2008-11-16

5th visit here in Phil: 2008-12-29

Last time we saw each other: 2009-01-04

I-129F Sent: 2009-03-07

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-06-29

NVC received : 2009-07-06

Stuck at NVC for 29 days

Left NVC: 2009-08-05

Embassy received: 2009-08-10

Medical Exam : 2009-08-25/27 PASSED

6th visit here in Phil: 2009-09-19

Interview : 2009-09-22 PASSED

CFO Seminar : 2009-10-02

Flight : 2009-10-23

Married : 2009-11-06

Applied for AOS, EAD and travel permit: 2009-12-09

Biometric schedule: 2010-01-21

when i was still in PI before there was a news in TV Patrol parang "pinoy kid sa canada got punished dahil sa pag gamit ng spoon at fork sa school" prang rude dw yun sa knila. anyway when i got here na tinanong ko si hubby kung nde ba rude pag gumamit ako ng spoon at fork sbi nya nde daw so pag nagluluto ako anything with kanin hirap sya kumain kc fork lng gamit nya at sometimes tinuturuan ko sya mag kamay lalo na pag mag ulam na kame ng adobo nire ready ko na sya :lol:

nagdala din ako ng tabo nung dumating ako d2 para nde ako mahirapan nde ko yta maatim yung wipe lang :P

i dont say excuse me, thank you that much when i was still in PI pero sbi ni hubby pag aralan ko dw yan baka mapaaway daw ako d2 :D

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hehehehe... not so much difference from Phil and here...

- Either way, I use fork and knife, and sometimes spoon, no problem.... I'm not eating much of rice...

- I use baby wipes and tissue after using toilet... :D

- It's okay for me to use shoes around the house except in bathroom and our bedroom.

- My Bebe Ko always know how to appreciate the food, I am learning to... because whenever I cook and he really likes it... he always say he loves it...

- Doing things for him like being "so maasikaso".... he would always say... don't spoil him.... then.. I let him do things for me too...

- But he's not into always.... carrying things for me unless its heavy... But I am training him to carry anything for me... Hahahaha... esp whenever we're in the grocery.... I always let him carry everything most of the time...

- I am used of saying thank you and excuses...

Sooo.... I am here for a week.... but I don't have problem adjusting with the people and their ways here... only the climate.... often change in a day... Hehehehe..

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Looking in your timeline.. you are not yet in the US.

But once you are hear..

1. make sure that you follows the rules in driving, else you are endangering not just your life but also life of other people. You have to unlearn some of your driving behaviour from the philippines.

2. And you need to learn to give tips.. mostly 15% of your total bill

Just few tips for your US transitions. :)

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

But once you are hear..

1. make sure that you follows the rules in driving, else you are endangering not just your life but also life of other people. You have to unlearn some of your driving behaviour from the philippines.

pansin ko yan d2 masyado cla strict sa rules i asked hubby kung hanggang ilan ang speed limit nila d2 he said 80 mph wla dw daan sa US ang pde lumagpas sa 80 khit sa interstate kundi...ticket ang katapat mo mapapansin mo hinahabol kna lng ng DMV at take note nde pde ang lagay d2 unlike sa pinas daming kotong cops :D

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

my hubby uses fork an knife too when eating but i cant do it, eating rice with fork, parang bitin kasi liit lang ng nakukuha ng fork...everytime we eat outsie they only give us fork and knife but i always ask for spoon and my hubby always laugh coz he says only babies use spoon...hehehehe..but i dont care heller.

my hubby told me that when i get there,goodbye to tabo...or i should bring my own tabo too...hahaha

or u can use empty plastic canister as tabo... :lol:

d5muaz79s9.pngs-event.png

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

02/27/12 - NOA1 petition received(hubby's birthday!)

06/06/12 - NOA2 stating I-130 approved

06/29/12 - NVC received case

07/09/12 - case entered in the system,assigned MNL # and IIN,email add given

07/12/12 - beneficiary emailed DS-3032, auto response received

07/18/12 - AOS fee bill/paid "IN PROCESS"

07/20/12 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID", mailed AOS package

07/25/12 - received AOS

07/25/12 - IV Fee Bill Invoiced, paid $230.00 "IN PROCESS"

07/26/12 - IV Fee bill shows "PAID"

07/28/12 - mailed IV Package

08/03/12 - received DS 230 packet

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/16/12 - NVC received RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

08/22/12 - case complete!

09/26-27/12 - medical at SLMC

10/04/12 - interview

12/01/12 - Left Philippines

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my hubby told me that when i get there,goodbye to tabo...or i should bring my own tabo too...hahaha

Ako, I never did say goodbye to tabo lol! I brought pink tabo when I get here kasi I have read na it is hard to find tabo kaya ayun! mega dala ako ng tabo :P

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Ako, I never did say goodbye to tabo lol! I brought pink tabo when I get here kasi I have read na it is hard to find tabo kaya ayun! mega dala ako ng tabo :P

haha definitely i will bring my own tabo too! :lol:

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

07/25/12 - received AOS

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

10/04/12 - interview

But once you are hear..

pansin ko yan d2 masyado cla strict sa rules i asked hubby kung hanggang ilan ang speed limit nila d2 he said 80 mph wla dw daan sa US ang pde lumagpas sa 80 khit sa interstate kundi...ticket ang katapat mo mapapansin mo hinahabol kna lng ng DMV at take note nde pde ang lagay d2 unlike sa pinas daming kotong cops :D

65 mph dito sa California ang speed limit sa freeway. Kapag lumampas ka, nasa likod mo na ang CHP. :star:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

bakit pa magadala ng tabo eh may shower naman...hehehhehe.

ang purpose ko ng tabo,sa paliligo,sa pagshashampoo.... although pwede din naman ang plastic canister,parang tabo din naman un eh..hehehe

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

07/25/12 - received AOS

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

10/04/12 - interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.